0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Sunday "Three" species .....We managed to take the gap in the weather on Sunday. Started off early with a 2kg bonnie, that for some reason my crew thought was a 28kg tuna and was going to spool him... . Then while fishing for snoek, we hook into about a 7kg hammerhead shark on a duster which revved us a bit. Finally just before lines up I hook into something decent on the backline, , I expertly open the throttle and turn the boat and head for deeper water, while screaming to my crew to clear the other lines.. , We get everything sorted and I start fighting the beast, "its got a bit of weight" I said to my first mate while pumping and reeling ...."Don't force it!" was the advice from my crewman, gaff in hand...."its fighting funny" I replied ...."its on the top.." ......"what the hell is it?"......Well we ended the day with 1x 2kg Bonnie, 1 x Hammerhead (released) and 1x Checkers packet,....pollution is real
Was the Checkers packet size, or did you release it?
Very lekker Scott, you seem to have good Mojo with new boats, first trips always producing, that why you keep changing Must give FFF gears, they fished Sat too and got 3 nice and small and i don't see a report.
Mates got some seriously good fish yesterday But they did some serious mileage to get them 55kms one way!!
Quote from: dugong on January 08, 2019, 09:21:44 AMMates got some seriously good fish yesterday But they did some serious mileage to get them 55kms one way!! Yep, thats how far they deploy them these days.