Author Topic: Paddle tails Demand?  (Read 73556 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »
LGF I have a bag full of old soft baits. Will you be able to recycle them?

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
Those frogs and Sencos are also going to be on the list!
 
Awesome Work!
You should let me know, I still have some frogs and senkos and grubs (all 4" lures) in a box in the worx.
I might not have all the colours, but pretty sure I might be able to help with most and thanx for the compliment, you're too kind!
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
LGF
Please let me know when you can make paddle tails. I need some for dec.

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »
LGF
Please let me know when you can make paddle tails. I need some for dec.

Buddy been checking the tracking numbers three times a day, yes even this entire weekend, one parcel is still in Phoenix Arizona, Yippeee ka Yay and the other is in Indiana another Yippee Ka $%#@%&*^$%#$ Yay!!!!!
 
Believe me as soon as they get here I will let you guys know, I even cleaned the weasel worx this Sat, washed all teh stuff, got everything packed in a organised workflow system, just waiting for the molds to arrive.
 
If p,p,p, push comes to shove, I'll get them to you even it means that I need to courier them to you with express prior to you leaving or if you have left for the holidays to get them to your holiday spot before you attempt the first cast.
 
That said, please indicate the colours and amounts you'd like so that we don't waste a lot of time when the parcels eventually arrive?
This goes for the rest of you guys too! please indicate the colours and amounts and since the molds are a only one of each (Expensive and even more expensive shipping) the production will be slower than the usual, so lets agree on a first come first serve basis with Monster in pole position!
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
LGF I have a bag full of old soft baits. Will you be able to recycle them?

Sorry Bud, only saw this post now.
Recycling depends on the lure colours, if they are mixed (laminates) they can be separated with some effort and recycled. That said, if colours have bled into others then the stained lures will not be of much use. It also depends on the makes, remember they all use their own formulas and mixing these end up in inconsistent viscosity and inconsistent colours. But in general lures can be recycled. I often get some from the bass guys, sort them according to colour and make and then melt and inject them again. It's just that sometimes you have three lures of a make and specific colour and although you can melt those, you end up only making one lure of around the same size, as the injector always keeps some plastisol behind.
 
So in essence, if you have a lot of one colour and make, then it becomes viable, if not, they just end up in small tubbs on the shelve in anticipation for more to arrive.
 
Hope that answers the question?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:37:03 PM by LGF »
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 09:58:34 AM »
LGF , could you just post the moulds you are getting  ? Then I will reply with my order , colours ect .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »
LGF
I will be second in line to Lenny. I mostly use Zoom watermelon gold  and junebug so I'm sure I can seperate out all the colours.  I would love to recycle a bit. I can maby make a plan and bring them to you. I can also assit with the new mouldings if you need an extra pair of hands.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »
LGF
I will be second in line to Lenny. I mostly use Zoom watermelon gold  and junebug so I'm sure I can seperate out all the colours.  I would love to recycle a bit. I can maby make a plan and bring them to you. I can also assit with the new mouldings if you need an extra pair of hands.


Geez man , I have a bunch of Plastics , that I will give you guys , for free just a pity I am in CPT .


 :+ cred: for the Recycle efforts !
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 11:47:26 AM »
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?


In that case please have a look if you cant fit one of those Eastern block Babes with for me ....  :hehe: [size=78%] [/size]
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?


In that case please have a look if you cant fit one of those Eastern block Babes with for me ....  :hehe:


 :rotfl , seems you have not yet learned that those creatures are trouble with a capital T, but if you're such a keen masochist, well then I'll try my best, customs might be a wee bit strange, weird and perhaps a little cumbersome, but for a fellow UA'er I'll try my utmost!
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
LGF can you give a list of colours you can do?

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
LGF can you give a list of colours you can do?
Eastern block babes are not known for different colours.......

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »
LGF can you give a list of colours you can do?
Eastern block babes are not known for different colours.......
 :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:



Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?


In that case please have a look if you cant fit one of those Eastern block Babes with for me ....  :hehe:


 :rotfl , seems you have not yet learned that those creatures are trouble with a capital T, but if you're such a keen masochist, well then I'll try my best, customs might be a wee bit strange, weird and perhaps a little cumbersome, but for a fellow UA'er I'll try my utmost!


I am just as much Trouble !  :rotfl
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
Ok let's see, colours that I can do includes, pearl with white or blue pearl powder and can be almost clear! not completely due to the pearl powder! same goes for the glow in the dark powder.


Other colours, pink, red, yellow, orange, blue, purple, chartreuse, brown, motor oil, watermelon green, green pumpkin and all the shades of these. Then white, grey and black.


Glitters that I can mix in are in mainly three sizes, these are in US sizes and start with 0.08' 0.15' 0.35' and ends with 0.62', will try and take pics so you guys can gauge the size better. These glitters I have in red, blue, gold, black, green holographic silver and holographic gold, also have plain silver and have ordered copper glitter.
Something to note is that the Red, Black, Gold and Blue I have in most of the four sizes, some like the holographic's I only have in 0.15'.


So gents the range of colours I can make is virtually endless, for instance, I can and have made chartreuse with 0.35' black glitter, pearl and chartreuse, clear white pearl, black with red 0.62' glitter, can mix two oe even three sizes and colours of glitter, after that it sort of, becomes featureless. Also one can mix in any amount of glitter, way little with a spec here and there or a whole heap  which if you add tooooooo much will actually dominated the plastisol colour completely.


Hence the question for samples which I got from Spickerish and  matched fairly accurate, well most of them, the pink, purplish blue and transparent orange, I have ordered the colouring and is awaiting delivery from the US.


So if you guys have a specific colour or colour combination (laminated, two coloured lures) then please send me a PM and I will make them.


oTHE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT THE 4-6 inch jighead type molds I have ordered, think it is post 12 the last picture, ARE ONLY SINGLE CAVITY MOLDS FOR EACH SIZE, this means that injecting them depends on how quick the mold cools sufficiently for the lure to be pulled so that it does not deform.


The 5 inch one as mentioned (1st pic in post 14) is a three cavity mold and production there would be as you can imagine 3 times faster.


The main reason for this is cost, these molds costs around 44-59 US$, then there's all the shipping costs, taxes and duties, so for the four molds that is coming in, was around 3,5k, so please guys, get the colours and sizes to me ASAP, and if you don't mind amounts too.


Packets will contain between 7 a 10 lures each and will set you back between R25 - R30, this is just size dependent, If you guys don't mind, I will also add postage as this might be a wee bit expensive due to weight, but will first look at what that might cost.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
LGF I will take a packet in the following colours to start. Preferably the 5 inch model.

Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

Im sure the GP guys will organize to do one central pick up and distribute at a social. Ill be happy to pick up for the guys and deliver to the next social

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2013, 06:21:30 PM »
Would it be easier for you if you put up 5 or more colours , so then you could get quantities , just a suggestion to make life a tad bit easier for you .
I know I will take atleast 10 to 20 packs at that Price , p&p will not be so heavy , and looks like I am the 'out of the way guy 'anyway .


Could you do a purple ? 





Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:47 PM »
Mosselbay is also sort of out the way. I agree with the suggestion from Lenny on the colours.

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 07:31:48 PM »
LGF I will take a packet in the following colours to start. Preferably the 5 inch model.

Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

Im sure the GP guys will organize to do one central pick up and distribute at a social. Ill be happy to pick up for the guys and deliver to the next social


@HP, not problem Bud, have you request noted


Would it be easier for you if you put up 5 or more colours , so then you could get quantities , just a suggestion to make life a tad bit easier for you .
I know I will take atleast 10 to 20 packs at that Price , p&p will not be so heavy , and looks like I am the 'out of the way guy 'anyway .


Could you do a purple ? 



@ Lenny, Yes I ordered purple colouring and out of the way guy is not an issue Lenny,will get them to you, surely you guys still make use of the Postal system down there? :rotfl . As for colouring, Kay lemme explain so you guys also have a feel for the time consuming issue.


I have two melting pots, I need this to do laminates in order to get both the colours of a laminate equally heated, thus the viscosity is the same and that ensures that the lure is half of one and half of the other colour, the hotter one colour's plastisol is the more fluid it is and thus ends up getting into the mold must faster and then dominates the entire lure at times.


Further to this is the heat the molds retain, remember the plastisol starts melting at around 280 degrees, thus after the fifth or so lure, the time before you can pull the lure from the mold is already running at around 5 minutes, this means that with the one per size molds of the jighead type lures it will go a bit slower as opposed to having five molds of the same sized lure. The blending block is also a bit time consuming to clean as it is held together with a wing nut that has to be removed and tightened each time you clean it and as mentioned that has to happen between each round of injection once it is heated enough.


So the way it works best is to get all the molds I intend to use for a specific colour and inject them all, in this case 4 molds, then you remove the plastisol from the injector, from the blending block and depending on how long the molds have been used (heat retention) you start pulling the lures, clamp the bunch of molds again and inject again and so forth.


So in this case it might go a little slower than the bass lures as most of the lures I make, I have around 5 molds for, some are single molds but have 10 cavities, that means each injection produces a pack of lures.


Mosselbay is also sort of out the way. I agree with the suggestion from Lenny on the colours.


@Charles, no problem, I was merely mentioning that the colours and combinations of colours are really as limiting as the imagination. So if I put up colours I might miss an important one, so I suggest that each of you guys list your top ten, like HP did although he only had 5 or so, then we can pick 5 or even 7 to start with?
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal