Author Topic: Paddle tails Demand?  (Read 24738 times)

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 80
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
Paddle tails Demand?
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »
Kay

So I've noticed that there seems to be some demand for paddle tails. As you guys know or might not know, I make plastics and use a substrate very similar to that of Zoom, however, I can add hardeners and softeners to suit a requirement/need. Colouring is also not too much of an issue unless it goes into things like Nuclear Chicken and more than two colours when it comes to laminates.

Now, I can get molds from the states but do not want to get any if there is no real demand for these lures, so the question is, how many guys are interested in these lures?

I can probably get some pics of the available molds and post them here, perhaps that way it would assist with deciding if it is a viable option or not. Perhaps not, there are so many that is it ridiculous, but bait lengths vary from 1.25 up to 10 inches, with or without hookslots, segmented or smooth, double (up and down) paddles, downward paddles only. etc .etc
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:28:42 PM by LGF »
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Charles

• The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 77
  • Never ever give up!
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
LGF I use paddle tails mostly MC. Colours could be a challenge as the ones I use are all a combination of minimum two colours. Except for the white ones.

Size 3" to 5"

I will most certainly be interested.

Offline Lofty

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 79
  • dis lekker by die see...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
I'm keen to see some designs or moulds colours can be decided on and what the pricing would be,I'm sure that you'll get support from :ult: members and their friends/family... :Like: I only use the downward facing paddletails but am keen to see the other options...
Always be humble...

Offline Shivaan

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 15
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
You have caught my attention  :resp:

Offline Half-Pint

• CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 223
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
LGF you can bet there will be demand for paddle tails. At the moment they seem to be about the best dropshot lures available. Size I would say 4-7 inches will be most popular.

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:20:33 AM »
Ok, there (as mentioned) are very diffirent shapes, lengths and styles, I will see if I can compile a list with pics and the available lengths in each design. Colours, also as mentioned, not a problem as long as it does not exceed two colours.

Glitter? Does your salty paddle tails have glitter in them?

Pricing? Have not worked that out yet, but it could be between R25 and R35, depending on the size of the lure.

Just one question, do you guys prefer softer or harder baits, the softer ones will obviously require some amount of softeners which could have some effect on the pricing, but nothing too drastic, say around R3 - R5 again depending on the size of the lure.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Half-Pint

• CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 223
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
Hard to say whether a soft or hard bait is better :dunno: Im not sure what soft is :hehe: Id probably say the softer the better provided it wont tear off the jig head.

I don't think glitter would be a make or break issue considering that paddle tails are generally used to target kob so low light conditions are the order of the day
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:38:06 AM by Half-Pint »

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »
Cool, will have a looki C, btw, the pricing mentioned is for a pack of lures containing between 5 - 7 tup to 10 Lures. Also, if memory serves me well there are very realistic looking lures with eye inserts etc. these molds are also available, but they obviously might be  more expensive as opposed to the standard jighead lures, which predominantly don't have much more than colour to offer.

Offline Charles

• The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 77
  • Never ever give up!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
The Macarthy baits work out about R10 per lure. Hard to say whether a soft or hard bait is better :dunno: Im not sure what soft is :hehe: Id probably say the softer the better provided it wont tear off the jig head.

I don't think glitter would be a make or break issue considering that paddle tails are generally used to target kob so low light conditions are the order of the day
:corrct: It is very important to have an up and down movement of the tail and not sideways.... my 2c

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 122
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 11:20:22 AM »
I am getting back into lures agian , will forsure grab a few .

Dont worry about glitter .

Look at a mould , that has a strong [or thicker tail part ] and that the tail is nice a bulky , you want that vibrations .

A shassy shad , mould is almost the shape , but the tail is too thin and you quilky loose that tail .

Lekker dark colours ,, or Chartruese and oranges .

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »
Will keep that in mind, but will also try to get pics of perhaps each of the types of molds that are available, then indicate the various lengths in each.

Just another question, do you guys fish them with jigheads or without, and if with how important is the face/snout of the lure?

Will get cracking on the compilation of pics perhaps today still, if not tomorrow, still have to do the weekly garden chores etc etc. and no fishing :cnfzd :cnfzd

Offline maganything

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 68
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »

chartruese and white with a little bit of glitter in the 4-7inch range are my favourite drop shots!
Killed the kingies in Madagascar with them!

and i am looking to restock, so would be interested!!

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
K, so I didn't realise that there's roughly 200 molds in the paddle tail section, ooh eh eh.

Anyhow, I picked some that looked like they could work for you guys, please feel free to visit the site and check out the molds that these guys have, www.basstackle.com

So herewith are some of the pics, with the descriptions as titles.

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »
sum more

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 10:16:17 PM »
sum more

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »
sum more

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
and lastly sum more

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 122
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 10:52:20 PM »
WEll , Well  seems like a few very , good candidates for what I am looking for in a paddletial.

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 11:19:58 PM »
Guys, please visit the website, maybe I missed something that you's think is more appropriate, like I said there's over two hundred paddle tail/swimbait lure molds.

also found this mold that could become a camo-worm, not too sure though as the body/torso is slightly thicker than what I remember the camo worms to be?

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
then there's this shrimp mold

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal