Author Topic: Paddle tails Demand?  (Read 24740 times)

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 80
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »
Kay, no probs, unfortunately I only have some green prosperous powder, will see if I can get hold of the place where I bought from for Tauruck on the previous forum, some years ago, they had blue and red prosperous power as well.

Will take some pics this evening and post them with the pics of the colours I played around with last night.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline dodger

• always willing to help
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 164
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »
Kay, no probs, unfortunately I only have some green prosperous powder, will see if I can get hold of the place where I bought from for Tauruck on the previous forum, some years ago, they had blue and red prosperous power as well.

Will take some pics this evening and post them with the pics of the colours I played around with last night.
sounds interesting, can't wait to see the results
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »

sounds interesting, can't wait to see the results

Dodger, I didn't mix in much of the powder but nonetheless, depending on how much light it is exposed to and for how long (in this case not much and not for long) it glows rather good.

Will deffs post pics tomorrow, just trying to sort out the desktop PC and the internet.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
oooooooooooK

So I got the camera out, took the pics of the "glow-in-the-dark" lures and herewith are the pics as promised.
1st the three colours (fltr) Chartreuse Pearl, Pearl (no white colouring added) and Chartreuse
2nd these lures are naturally buoyant
3rd they do sink (slowly) but with a standard sized bass-hook, they sink at the perfect rate.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:46:12 PM by LGF »

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »
So here's the "glow-in-the-dark" ones

1st pic, lure with clear plastisol, yes it looks a wee-bit yellow, think I overheated it slightly,  :hehe:
2nd pic, the lure after some exposure with ze'torch
3rd pic, the same lure after roughly 8 minutes, no additional exposure, did not add much phosphor, stock a little low

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 122
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 07:06:15 AM »
eeek , those senkos make me amped for some Bassing .

keep up the good work LGF.

:+ cred:

Offline Half-Pint

• CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 223
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
 :happ: I am definitely taking some of those glow lures off your hands when the paddle tails arrive! Those look AWESOME!

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
Thank Guys

Will see what the darker colours do, mixed up some black with phosphor last night (early this morning) but then the boss got a wee bit pset cause it was late  :hyst: , so I'll hopefuly see how it works with the darkest colour this afternoon, I do have some white that I mixed sometime ago and it works great (still does).

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »
Ok, injected the black "glow-in-the-dark" lure, and it works, not as well as the white or see-thru ones, perhaps because the colour absorbs most of the light that otherwise would charge the phosphor deeper in the lure, however it still glows, just not as strong and not for as long as the other colours

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »
Also just wanted to say thanx to Spickerish, whom I met this evening and he gladly borrowed me some samples to assist with getting the colours right. Thanks a lot Buddy, it will really help a lot!

Offline Spickerish

• Cred: 28
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 07:24:28 AM »
Not a problem at all, it's the  :ult: way, helping a fellow angler with his quest to give us the best lures! Can't wait to see the first samples!
Trouble is just fun you got caught having

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 10:55:12 PM »
Mixed a new whitish pearl and a chartreuse and injected it into a frog mold as a laminate, I got very close, but just need to add a wee bit more pearl and a couple of drops of chartreuse and it will be an exact match to the sample colours I got. Now once this colour is sorted and recorded it' on to the others, several of them. Will post pics soonest!

Offline Monster

• Cred: 9
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »
LGF, I will also have to place an order those look awsome and will kill cob at night! Please let me know!

Offline Monster

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 06:37:47 AM »
So here's the "glow-in-the-dark" ones

1st pic, lure with clear plastisol, yes it looks a wee-bit yellow, think I overheated it slightly,  :hehe:
2nd pic, the lure after some exposure with ze'torch
3rd pic, the same lure after roughly 8 minutes, no additional exposure, did not add much phosphor, stock a little low
LGF you can maby save a bit. Just put glow in the belly and the legs. Those lures look awesome!

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
Ok some good news. depending on what you guys think, but, I managed to find the following:

Blue pearl as the white pearl I have do not have the bluish shimmer like it is supposed to also found a silver pearl.

Blue/or green UV additive, you guys must say if you would be interested? It looks "SICK" meaning good, not too sure if the fish will think so too, but the up-side is that it doesn't require "charging" like with the phosphorous "glow-in-the-dark" additive.

Then I also managed to get some Fluorescent blue, Yellow, Pink and Orange, colouring I don't currently have. This makes mixing the correct colours, say a pink or an orange extremely dicey and time consuming, resulting in overheating some batches of plastisol, which in turn changes the colour of the batch. Still hunting for a transparent orange.

The chartreuse, white, blue and white pearl is no issue, these I have managed already.

Lemme know what you guys think, please, I need to place the order?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:42:39 PM by LGF »

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 122
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
Not to bothered about the GLow in the dark stuff mate .
Do you have the mould for the PT's already ?
But like the orange / white / blue I am IN . and my Cash will be ready early in December .

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2013, 09:21:07 AM »
Not to bothered about the GLow in the dark stuff mate .
Do you have the mould for the PT's already ?
But like the orange / white / blue I am IN . and my Cash will be ready early in December .

Thanx Lenny, unfortunately I am still waiting for the US company to ship the molds, have placed the order but have not yet received a shipping/tracking ref number.

Believe me when I get them the pics of the molds and the first batch of lures will be up soonest, I am just as anxious to get them, been too long that the weasel worx didn't smell the fumes from heated plastisol :rotfl

Offline Monster

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
LGF

Please let me know as soon as you can start making Padde tails then I will place an order! There goes my savings...

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
LGF

Please let me know as soon as you can start making Padde tails then I will place an order! There goes my savings...

Will do Bud.

Offline Monster

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »
Those frogs and Sencos are also going to be on the list!

Awesome Work!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal