ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Dropshot fishing => Topic started by: LGF on November 01, 2013, 12:21:56 PM

Title: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 01, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
Kay
 
So I've noticed that there seems to be some demand for paddle tails. As you guys know or might not know, I make plastics and use a substrate very similar to that of Zoom, however, I can add hardeners and softeners to suit a requirement/need. Colouring is also not too much of an issue unless it goes into things like Nuclear Chicken and more than two colours when it comes to laminates.
 
Now, I can get molds from the states but do not want to get any if there is no real demand for these lures, so the question is, how many guys are interested in these lures?
 
I can probably get some pics of the available molds and post them here, perhaps that way it would assist with deciding if it is a viable option or not. Perhaps not, there are so many that is it ridiculous, but bait lengths vary from 1.25 up to 10 inches, with or without hookslots, segmented or smooth, double (up and down) paddles, downward paddles only. etc .etc
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 01, 2013, 12:31:50 PM
LGF I use paddle tails mostly MC. Colours could be a challenge as the ones I use are all a combination of minimum two colours. Except for the white ones.

Size 3" to 5"

I will most certainly be interested.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lofty on November 01, 2013, 12:34:57 PM
I'm keen to see some designs or moulds colours can be decided on and what the pricing would be,I'm sure that you'll get support from :ult: members and their friends/family... :Like: I only use the downward facing paddletails but am keen to see the other options...
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Shivaan on November 01, 2013, 01:03:41 PM
You have caught my attention  :resp:
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 01, 2013, 03:21:26 PM
LGF you can bet there will be demand for paddle tails. At the moment they seem to be about the best dropshot lures available. Size I would say 4-7 inches will be most popular.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 08:20:33 AM
Ok, there (as mentioned) are very diffirent shapes, lengths and styles, I will see if I can compile a list with pics and the available lengths in each design. Colours, also as mentioned, not a problem as long as it does not exceed two colours.


Glitter? Does your salty paddle tails have glitter in them?


Pricing? Have not worked that out yet, but it could be between R25 and R35, depending on the size of the lure.


Just one question, do you guys prefer softer or harder baits, the softer ones will obviously require some amount of softeners which could have some effect on the pricing, but nothing too drastic, say around R3 - R5 again depending on the size of the lure.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 02, 2013, 09:08:18 AM
Hard to say whether a soft or hard bait is better :dunno: Im not sure what soft is :hehe: Id probably say the softer the better provided it wont tear off the jig head.

I don't think glitter would be a make or break issue considering that paddle tails are generally used to target kob so low light conditions are the order of the day
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 09:59:00 AM
Cool, will have a looki C, btw, the pricing mentioned is for a pack of lures containing between 5 - 7 tup to 10 Lures. Also, if memory serves me well there are very realistic looking lures with eye inserts etc. these molds are also available, but they obviously might be  more expensive as opposed to the standard jighead lures, which predominantly don't have much more than colour to offer.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 02, 2013, 10:03:18 AM
The Macarthy baits work out about R10 per lure. Hard to say whether a soft or hard bait is better :dunno: Im not sure what soft is :hehe: Id probably say the softer the better provided it wont tear off the jig head.

I don't think glitter would be a make or break issue considering that paddle tails are generally used to target kob so low light conditions are the order of the day
:corrct: It is very important to have an up and down movement of the tail and not sideways.... my 2c
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 02, 2013, 11:20:22 AM
I am getting back into lures agian , will forsure grab a few .


Dont worry about glitter .


Look at a mould , that has a strong [or thicker tail part ] and that the tail is nice a bulky , you want that vibrations .


A shassy shad , mould is almost the shape , but the tail is too thin and you quilky loose that tail .


Lekker dark colours ,, or Chartruese and oranges .
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 01:50:04 PM
Will keep that in mind, but will also try to get pics of perhaps each of the types of molds that are available, then indicate the various lengths in each.


Just another question, do you guys fish them with jigheads or without, and if with how important is the face/snout of the lure?


Will get cracking on the compilation of pics perhaps today still, if not tomorrow, still have to do the weekly garden chores etc etc. and no fishing :cnfzd :cnfzd
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: maganything on November 02, 2013, 02:35:30 PM
 
chartruese and white with a little bit of glitter in the 4-7inch range are my favourite drop shots!
Killed the kingies in Madagascar with them!
 
and i am looking to restock, so would be interested!!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 10:10:57 PM
K, so I didn't realise that there's roughly 200 molds in the paddle tail section, ooh eh eh.
 
Anyhow, I picked some that looked like they could work for you guys, please feel free to visit the site and check out the molds that these guys have, www.basstackle.com (http://www.basstackle.com)
 
So herewith are some of the pics, with the descriptions as titles.
 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 10:15:16 PM
sum more
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 10:16:17 PM
sum more
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 10:17:18 PM
sum more
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 10:18:28 PM
and lastly sum more
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 02, 2013, 10:52:20 PM
WEll , Well  seems like a few very , good candidates for what I am looking for in a paddletial.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 11:19:58 PM
Guys, please visit the website, maybe I missed something that you's think is more appropriate, like I said there's over two hundred paddle tail/swimbait lure molds.
 
also found this mold that could become a camo-worm, not too sure though as the body/torso is slightly thicker than what I remember the camo worms to be?
 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 02, 2013, 11:22:56 PM
then there's this shrimp mold
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 03, 2013, 07:34:20 AM
I would be interested in the swimbaits!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 06, 2013, 08:23:48 PM
post 14 , the last one looks really good .
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 06, 2013, 08:42:05 PM
post 14 , the last one looks really good .


Kay, so there's one vote for the jig-type in a 5inch, what do the rest of the guys think? Also, was thinking of bringing in a swim bait mold one that can be rigged with a hook  and a leader attached to a three way swivel and a weight at the swivel, let me know if there' s any interest for this type of lure?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 06, 2013, 08:46:25 PM
Post #13 White, blue and green
Post #14 Agree with Lenny but will add the white as well
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 06, 2013, 09:02:12 PM
Ok, the one in post 13 is the 4inch version of the last one in 14, so that is the true jig type in a 4 and 5 inch version and the white one in post 14, which seems to have a slightly shaper nose than the blunt ones for jigs.


Will see what the rest of the blokes think and will then place an order for the molds, so far it defs the 4 and 5 inch true jig type molds, seriously considering the other one Charles mentioned, pretty sure, some bass fisho's would want some!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 07, 2013, 06:58:46 AM
Agree with the guys that 14 looks the business. Perhaps also a 7inch model if you can?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 07, 2013, 07:19:42 AM
post 14 , the last one looks really good .


Kay, so there's one vote for the jig-type in a 5inch, what do the rest of the guys think? Also, was thinking of bringing in a swim bait mold one that can be rigged with a hook  and a leader attached to a three way swivel and a weight at the swivel, let me know if there' s any interest for this type of lure?


thats a good idea  , one should watch out for the right PT for that rig . Obviously if they spin its no use . I think thats why its not so popular , but its increasing in popularity i think ...
LGF , I wouldn worry to much about the prawn/shrimp .
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 07, 2013, 08:48:03 PM
Ok so the molds I should get are
1. (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15771.0;attach=109967;image)
in a 5 inch, correct?
 
and
 
2.(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15771.0;attach=109969;image)
in a 4, 5 and 6 inch version?
 
Please confirm so that I can place the order for the molds? Then please see if you guys can get colours that you would want these in and post them here or on a PM, doesn't matter. While waiting for the molds from the US I can start getting the colouring right.
 
PS I do have very fine glitter that reflects the colours of the rainbow, gold and silver, black, blue, green and red, in various sizes from extremely fine like pinheads to rather coarse, the size of a matchstick. will mix up some with glitter and some without, unless you guys prefer it without? A
Also, when considering laminates, please stick to two colours only, as I only have a twin injector and honestly have not seen a DIY injector that can shoot more than two colours at a time. 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 07, 2013, 08:54:44 PM
LGF I don't have pics but the link below will take you to the colours that we want.

Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 07, 2013, 09:21:03 PM
The colours you guys suggested looks like they can be done with some relative ease, not really complicated.
 
Anyhow, just sorting out the shopping cart and delivery systems, (haven't used them in over a year) so will then place the order for the molds.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 08, 2013, 07:50:04 AM
Personally I think the biggest draw card to a colour scheme is contrast so 2 colours on a lure will be  :win:
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Spickerish on November 08, 2013, 08:04:53 AM
Where about in pta area are you, I've got a couple of lures you can borrow if needs be.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 08, 2013, 08:57:17 AM
Where about in pta area are you, I've got a couple of lures you can borrow if needs be.

I am in Montana Park, but can collect anywhere, drive around quite a lot. Thanx so much, it will help a great deal.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 08, 2013, 08:58:32 AM
LGF Ill snap some pics of some of my paddle tails this weekend. Personally I think the biggest draw card to a colour scheme is contrast so 2 colours on a lure will be  :win:
Thanx HP, thought as much with the two colour combo's, will be looking forward to the photo's as well!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Spickerish on November 08, 2013, 10:10:07 AM
LGF, pm me your number and we can make an arrangement. I'm just over the mountain in the moot area so not to far away. I don't have a lot of colours but there is a couple.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 08, 2013, 10:45:59 AM
LGF, pm me your number and we can make an arrangement. I'm just over the mountain in the moot area so not to far away. I don't have a lot of colours but there is a couple.

Will do
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: dodger on November 08, 2013, 08:09:16 PM
they look very good, the 4'' and 5'' will work, any chance of getting a fluorescent one?
I won a stack of lgf's plastics in the raffle and they are excellent quality
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 08, 2013, 09:10:49 PM
Dodger, no problems maaaaan, when you're saying fluorescent, which colour did you have in mind? do you perhaps have a pic of the colour, if so please PM it to me?
 
BTW thanx for the vote of confidence on the quality, really very very kind of you!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 09, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
Kay so with some time between watching and catching the cat, I mixed some colours, pearl, chartreuse pearl, chartreuse and a clear (on Dodger's request) phosphorus (fluorescent/glow in the dark) the latter is very slight but can be intensified.


I have some uv paint but not sure if it will mix with the plastisol, and if the heat will affect the uv reflection/light, will try that soon.


Will see if I can take pics in daylight of the colours and post them. Also, still need to collect some samples from Spickerish to see how far off I am with the colours.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 10, 2013, 06:49:00 AM
LGF a glow in the dark version will be AWESOME!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 10, 2013, 04:32:09 PM
Kay, no probs, unfortunately I only have some green prosperous powder, will see if I can get hold of the place where I bought from for Tauruck on the previous forum, some years ago, they had blue and red prosperous power as well.


Will take some pics this evening and post them with the pics of the colours I played around with last night.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: dodger on November 10, 2013, 05:31:56 PM
Kay, no probs, unfortunately I only have some green prosperous powder, will see if I can get hold of the place where I bought from for Tauruck on the previous forum, some years ago, they had blue and red prosperous power as well.


Will take some pics this evening and post them with the pics of the colours I played around with last night.
sounds interesting, can't wait to see the results
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 10, 2013, 05:41:44 PM
Kay, no probs, unfortunately I only have some green prosperous powder, will see if I can get hold of the place where I bought from for Tauruck on the previous forum, some years ago, they had blue and red prosperous power as well.


Will take some pics this evening and post them with the pics of the colours I played around with last night.
sounds interesting, can't wait to see the results


Dodger, I didn't mix in much of the powder but nonetheless, depending on how much light it is exposed to and for how long (in this case not much and not for long) it glows rather good.


Will deffs post pics tomorrow, just trying to sort out the desktop PC and the internet.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 10, 2013, 08:31:35 PM
oooooooooooK
 
So I got the camera out, took the pics of the "glow-in-the-dark" lures and herewith are the pics as promised.
1st the three colours (fltr) Chartreuse Pearl, Pearl (no white colouring added) and Chartreuse
2nd these lures are naturally buoyant
3rd they do sink (slowly) but with a standard sized bass-hook, they sink at the perfect rate.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 10, 2013, 08:41:15 PM
So here's the "glow-in-the-dark" ones
 
1st pic, lure with clear plastisol, yes it looks a wee-bit yellow, think I overheated it slightly,  :hehe:
2nd pic, the lure after some exposure with ze'torch
3rd pic, the same lure after roughly 8 minutes, no additional exposure, did not add much phosphor, stock a little low
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 11, 2013, 07:06:15 AM
eeek , those senkos make me amped for some Bassing .


keep up the good work LGF.


 :+ cred:
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 11, 2013, 08:49:45 AM
 :happ: I am definitely taking some of those glow lures off your hands when the paddle tails arrive! Those look AWESOME!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 11, 2013, 10:09:58 AM
Thank Guys
 
Will see what the darker colours do, mixed up some black with phosphor last night (early this morning) but then the boss got a wee bit pset cause it was late  :hyst: , so I'll hopefuly see how it works with the darkest colour this afternoon, I do have some white that I mixed sometime ago and it works great (still does).
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 11, 2013, 10:23:30 PM
Ok, injected the black "glow-in-the-dark" lure, and it works, not as well as the white or see-thru ones, perhaps because the colour absorbs most of the light that otherwise would charge the phosphor deeper in the lure, however it still glows, just not as strong and not for as long as the other colours
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 11, 2013, 10:28:15 PM
Also just wanted to say thanx to Spickerish, whom I met this evening and he gladly borrowed me some samples to assist with getting the colours right. Thanks a lot Buddy, it will really help a lot!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Spickerish on November 12, 2013, 07:24:28 AM
Not a problem at all, it's the  :ult: way, helping a fellow angler with his quest to give us the best lures! Can't wait to see the first samples!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 13, 2013, 10:55:12 PM
Mixed a new whitish pearl and a chartreuse and injected it into a frog mold as a laminate, I got very close, but just need to add a wee bit more pearl and a couple of drops of chartreuse and it will be an exact match to the sample colours I got. Now once this colour is sorted and recorded it' on to the others, several of them. Will post pics soonest!

Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 14, 2013, 06:35:11 AM
LGF, I will also have to place an order those look awsome and will kill cob at night! Please let me know!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 14, 2013, 06:37:47 AM
So here's the "glow-in-the-dark" ones
 
1st pic, lure with clear plastisol, yes it looks a wee-bit yellow, think I overheated it slightly,  :hehe:
2nd pic, the lure after some exposure with ze'torch
3rd pic, the same lure after roughly 8 minutes, no additional exposure, did not add much phosphor, stock a little low
LGF you can maby save a bit. Just put glow in the belly and the legs. Those lures look awesome!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 17, 2013, 09:41:59 PM
Ok some good news. depending on what you guys think, but, I managed to find the following:

Blue pearl as the white pearl I have do not have the bluish shimmer like it is supposed to also found a silver pearl.

Blue/or green UV additive, you guys must say if you would be interested? It looks "SICK" meaning good, not too sure if the fish will think so too, but the up-side is that it doesn't require "charging" like with the phosphorous "glow-in-the-dark" additive.

Then I also managed to get some Fluorescent blue, Yellow, Pink and Orange, colouring I don't currently have. This makes mixing the correct colours, say a pink or an orange extremely dicey and time consuming, resulting in overheating some batches of plastisol, which in turn changes the colour of the batch. Still hunting for a transparent orange.
 
The chartreuse, white, blue and white pearl is no issue, these I have managed already.
 
Lemme know what you guys think, please, I need to place the order?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 18, 2013, 09:05:18 AM
Not to bothered about the GLow in the dark stuff mate .
Do you have the mould for the PT's already ?
But like the orange / white / blue I am IN . and my Cash will be ready early in December .
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 18, 2013, 09:21:07 AM
Not to bothered about the GLow in the dark stuff mate .
Do you have the mould for the PT's already ?
But like the orange / white / blue I am IN . and my Cash will be ready early in December .

Thanx Lenny, unfortunately I am still waiting for the US company to ship the molds, have placed the order but have not yet received a shipping/tracking ref number.
 
Believe me when I get them the pics of the molds and the first batch of lures will be up soonest, I am just as anxious to get them, been too long that the weasel worx didn't smell the fumes from heated plastisol :rotfl
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 18, 2013, 09:37:47 AM
LGF
 
Please let me know as soon as you can start making Padde tails then I will place an order! There goes my savings...
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 18, 2013, 09:42:06 AM
LGF
 
Please let me know as soon as you can start making Padde tails then I will place an order! There goes my savings...

Will do Bud.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 18, 2013, 09:50:05 AM
Those frogs and Sencos are also going to be on the list!
 
Awesome Work!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 18, 2013, 09:50:48 AM
LGF I have a bag full of old soft baits. Will you be able to recycle them?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 18, 2013, 09:56:04 AM
Those frogs and Sencos are also going to be on the list!
 
Awesome Work!
You should let me know, I still have some frogs and senkos and grubs (all 4" lures) in a box in the worx.
I might not have all the colours, but pretty sure I might be able to help with most and thanx for the compliment, you're too kind!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 25, 2013, 12:07:28 PM
LGF
Please let me know when you can make paddle tails. I need some for dec.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 25, 2013, 01:19:28 PM
LGF
Please let me know when you can make paddle tails. I need some for dec.

Buddy been checking the tracking numbers three times a day, yes even this entire weekend, one parcel is still in Phoenix Arizona, Yippeee ka Yay and the other is in Indiana another Yippee Ka $%#@%&*^$%#$ Yay!!!!!
 
Believe me as soon as they get here I will let you guys know, I even cleaned the weasel worx this Sat, washed all teh stuff, got everything packed in a organised workflow system, just waiting for the molds to arrive.
 
If p,p,p, push comes to shove, I'll get them to you even it means that I need to courier them to you with express prior to you leaving or if you have left for the holidays to get them to your holiday spot before you attempt the first cast.
 
That said, please indicate the colours and amounts you'd like so that we don't waste a lot of time when the parcels eventually arrive?
This goes for the rest of you guys too! please indicate the colours and amounts and since the molds are a only one of each (Expensive and even more expensive shipping) the production will be slower than the usual, so lets agree on a first come first serve basis with Monster in pole position!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 25, 2013, 01:27:00 PM
LGF I have a bag full of old soft baits. Will you be able to recycle them?

Sorry Bud, only saw this post now.
Recycling depends on the lure colours, if they are mixed (laminates) they can be separated with some effort and recycled. That said, if colours have bled into others then the stained lures will not be of much use. It also depends on the makes, remember they all use their own formulas and mixing these end up in inconsistent viscosity and inconsistent colours. But in general lures can be recycled. I often get some from the bass guys, sort them according to colour and make and then melt and inject them again. It's just that sometimes you have three lures of a make and specific colour and although you can melt those, you end up only making one lure of around the same size, as the injector always keeps some plastisol behind.
 
So in essence, if you have a lot of one colour and make, then it becomes viable, if not, they just end up in small tubbs on the shelve in anticipation for more to arrive.
 
Hope that answers the question?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 09:58:34 AM
LGF , could you just post the moulds you are getting  ? Then I will reply with my order , colours ect .
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 26, 2013, 10:39:03 AM
LGF
I will be second in line to Lenny. I mostly use Zoom watermelon gold  and junebug so I'm sure I can seperate out all the colours.  I would love to recycle a bit. I can maby make a plan and bring them to you. I can also assit with the new mouldings if you need an extra pair of hands.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 10:50:11 AM
LGF
I will be second in line to Lenny. I mostly use Zoom watermelon gold  and junebug so I'm sure I can seperate out all the colours.  I would love to recycle a bit. I can maby make a plan and bring them to you. I can also assit with the new mouldings if you need an extra pair of hands.


Geez man , I have a bunch of Plastics , that I will give you guys , for free just a pity I am in CPT .


 :+ cred: for the Recycle efforts !
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 26, 2013, 11:47:26 AM
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 11:55:12 AM
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?


In that case please have a look if you cant fit one of those Eastern block Babes with for me ....  :hehe: [size=78%] [/size]
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 26, 2013, 12:48:02 PM
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?


In that case please have a look if you cant fit one of those Eastern block Babes with for me ....  :hehe:


 :rotfl , seems you have not yet learned that those creatures are trouble with a capital T, but if you're such a keen masochist, well then I'll try my best, customs might be a wee bit strange, weird and perhaps a little cumbersome, but for a fellow UA'er I'll try my utmost!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 26, 2013, 04:37:04 PM
LGF can you give a list of colours you can do?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 26, 2013, 04:40:18 PM
LGF can you give a list of colours you can do?
Eastern block babes are not known for different colours.......
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 04:43:07 PM
LGF can you give a list of colours you can do?
Eastern block babes are not known for different colours.......
 :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:



Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 04:43:55 PM
Guys I ordered the first pic in post 14, a 5inch mold and the last (third) pic in post 12 in a 4,5 and 6 inch molds.




Thanx for the recycling effort guys, the planet will be very very happy.


Ok so I need to know what colours you guys want in the lures and sizes as mentioned in ordered molds above? Amounts will also be appreciated. There is also a huge possibility that I might leave for Bucharest this sat and will only land on sun the 8th back home, so hopefully by mon the 9th I can collect the molds and start producing the first batches, please lemme know if this will still be okay for you guys, if not PM me with the details of your holiday plans, so that I can make arrangements, please?


In that case please have a look if you cant fit one of those Eastern block Babes with for me ....  :hehe:


 :rotfl , seems you have not yet learned that those creatures are trouble with a capital T, but if you're such a keen masochist, well then I'll try my best, customs might be a wee bit strange, weird and perhaps a little cumbersome, but for a fellow UA'er I'll try my utmost!


I am just as much Trouble !  :rotfl
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 26, 2013, 06:03:59 PM
Ok let's see, colours that I can do includes, pearl with white or blue pearl powder and can be almost clear! not completely due to the pearl powder! same goes for the glow in the dark powder.


Other colours, pink, red, yellow, orange, blue, purple, chartreuse, brown, motor oil, watermelon green, green pumpkin and all the shades of these. Then white, grey and black.


Glitters that I can mix in are in mainly three sizes, these are in US sizes and start with 0.08' 0.15' 0.35' and ends with 0.62', will try and take pics so you guys can gauge the size better. These glitters I have in red, blue, gold, black, green holographic silver and holographic gold, also have plain silver and have ordered copper glitter.
Something to note is that the Red, Black, Gold and Blue I have in most of the four sizes, some like the holographic's I only have in 0.15'.


So gents the range of colours I can make is virtually endless, for instance, I can and have made chartreuse with 0.35' black glitter, pearl and chartreuse, clear white pearl, black with red 0.62' glitter, can mix two oe even three sizes and colours of glitter, after that it sort of, becomes featureless. Also one can mix in any amount of glitter, way little with a spec here and there or a whole heap  which if you add tooooooo much will actually dominated the plastisol colour completely.


Hence the question for samples which I got from Spickerish and  matched fairly accurate, well most of them, the pink, purplish blue and transparent orange, I have ordered the colouring and is awaiting delivery from the US.


So if you guys have a specific colour or colour combination (laminated, two coloured lures) then please send me a PM and I will make them.


oTHE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT THE 4-6 inch jighead type molds I have ordered, think it is post 12 the last picture, ARE ONLY SINGLE CAVITY MOLDS FOR EACH SIZE, this means that injecting them depends on how quick the mold cools sufficiently for the lure to be pulled so that it does not deform.


The 5 inch one as mentioned (1st pic in post 14) is a three cavity mold and production there would be as you can imagine 3 times faster.


The main reason for this is cost, these molds costs around 44-59 US$, then there's all the shipping costs, taxes and duties, so for the four molds that is coming in, was around 3,5k, so please guys, get the colours and sizes to me ASAP, and if you don't mind amounts too.


Packets will contain between 7 a 10 lures each and will set you back between R25 - R30, this is just size dependent, If you guys don't mind, I will also add postage as this might be a wee bit expensive due to weight, but will first look at what that might cost.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 26, 2013, 06:11:00 PM
LGF I will take a packet in the following colours to start. Preferably the 5 inch model.

Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

Im sure the GP guys will organize to do one central pick up and distribute at a social. Ill be happy to pick up for the guys and deliver to the next social
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 06:21:30 PM
Would it be easier for you if you put up 5 or more colours , so then you could get quantities , just a suggestion to make life a tad bit easier for you .
I know I will take atleast 10 to 20 packs at that Price , p&p will not be so heavy , and looks like I am the 'out of the way guy 'anyway .


Could you do a purple ? 





Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 26, 2013, 06:36:47 PM
Mosselbay is also sort of out the way. I agree with the suggestion from Lenny on the colours.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 26, 2013, 07:31:48 PM
LGF I will take a packet in the following colours to start. Preferably the 5 inch model.

Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

Im sure the GP guys will organize to do one central pick up and distribute at a social. Ill be happy to pick up for the guys and deliver to the next social


@HP, not problem Bud, have you request noted


Would it be easier for you if you put up 5 or more colours , so then you could get quantities , just a suggestion to make life a tad bit easier for you .
I know I will take atleast 10 to 20 packs at that Price , p&p will not be so heavy , and looks like I am the 'out of the way guy 'anyway .


Could you do a purple ? 



@ Lenny, Yes I ordered purple colouring and out of the way guy is not an issue Lenny,will get them to you, surely you guys still make use of the Postal system down there? :rotfl . As for colouring, Kay lemme explain so you guys also have a feel for the time consuming issue.


I have two melting pots, I need this to do laminates in order to get both the colours of a laminate equally heated, thus the viscosity is the same and that ensures that the lure is half of one and half of the other colour, the hotter one colour's plastisol is the more fluid it is and thus ends up getting into the mold must faster and then dominates the entire lure at times.


Further to this is the heat the molds retain, remember the plastisol starts melting at around 280 degrees, thus after the fifth or so lure, the time before you can pull the lure from the mold is already running at around 5 minutes, this means that with the one per size molds of the jighead type lures it will go a bit slower as opposed to having five molds of the same sized lure. The blending block is also a bit time consuming to clean as it is held together with a wing nut that has to be removed and tightened each time you clean it and as mentioned that has to happen between each round of injection once it is heated enough.


So the way it works best is to get all the molds I intend to use for a specific colour and inject them all, in this case 4 molds, then you remove the plastisol from the injector, from the blending block and depending on how long the molds have been used (heat retention) you start pulling the lures, clamp the bunch of molds again and inject again and so forth.


So in this case it might go a little slower than the bass lures as most of the lures I make, I have around 5 molds for, some are single molds but have 10 cavities, that means each injection produces a pack of lures.


Mosselbay is also sort of out the way. I agree with the suggestion from Lenny on the colours.


@Charles, no problem, I was merely mentioning that the colours and combinations of colours are really as limiting as the imagination. So if I put up colours I might miss an important one, so I suggest that each of you guys list your top ten, like HP did although he only had 5 or so, then we can pick 5 or even 7 to start with?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 26, 2013, 08:03:01 PM
Ok the colours I would be interested in;

Pearl
Chartruese / Pearl
Pearl white
Olive / Pearl
Copper / Chartruese
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 26, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
Ok the colours I would be interested in;

Pearl
Chartruese / Pearl
Pearl white
Olive / Pearl
Copper / Chartruese


Got that Charles, some of these colours is also what I got from Spickerish as sample colours.


Just one point of clarity, when you guys say pearl, does it mean pearl powder mixed into clear olastisol only? I gather that the "pearl white ones you want, are pearl powder mixed with a white base colour?

Please, remember to indicate if you want glitter/flakes in some of the colouring, ie.. chartreuse black flake and pearl.
And please remember to indicate if the pearls you want is the white or the blueish shimmer pearl?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 26, 2013, 08:36:16 PM
Yip Chartuese black flake pearl is the one.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 26, 2013, 09:24:40 PM
cool .


White or Pearl  5 and 6 inch  2 packs per size [one pack each with flake ]
charteuse blackflake
Purple
Yellow
Any darker colour . [tell me what you have in mind or surplus ]
Pink not hot pink but a sorta fade pink
Dark blue or blue [ maybe with a slash of White if possible ]
Olive blackflake 2 packs
All of them in 6 inch excpt white one pack and pearl one pack.

Lets have this as what I am want forsure , but will 'update' once you get going and your back from Bucarest . 



thanks for keeping us in the loop and safe travels !
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on November 29, 2013, 07:12:54 AM
Hi LGF
I would like 4 and 5 inch
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower
Soft fade pink  silver flake and white glow lowere
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse 
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower
LGF please let me know if you need some help with the process I'm always willing to help.


 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 29, 2013, 09:12:20 AM
@ Lenny, got the colours
@ Monster, now that is what I meant with listing colours, some unique colours but they should not be a problem.
 
Was at the post office yesterday, the parcels have been cleared by Customs in SA on the 27th already, but nothing at the PO yet duh , was told it would be there today :dunno: ?
 
Anyhow, there is a slim chance that my trip to Romania might be cancelled, in which case I have the entire week to get the final colouring right, i.e. the pink's and purple's and start with the production. If on the other hand I am on the flight Saturday afternoon, I will obviusly not be able to touch the stuff before the 8th when I return (if snow in Europe doesn't delay the flight back home) but will then work my B-hind off the get the lures made, packed and shipped to you guys that need then urgently!!
 
That said please indicate who is going to the Big Blue when?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 29, 2013, 09:34:38 AM
I will be in SA 06 Dec to 06 Jan. Have also a new assignment. Back to Sudan check-out and move to DRC. The opportunity exists to test your paddle tails in the DRC.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on November 29, 2013, 09:42:22 AM
I will be in SA 06 Dec to 06 Jan. Have also a new assignment. Back to Sudan check-out and move to DRC. The opportunity exists to test your paddle tails in the DRC.

Cool Charles, you should be sorted whilst you're in SA. Where in SA are you going to be during that time?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on November 29, 2013, 09:52:18 AM
I will be in SA 06 Dec to 06 Jan. Have also a new assignment. Back to Sudan check-out and move to DRC. The opportunity exists to test your paddle tails in the DRC.

Cool Charles, you should be sorted whilst you're in SA. Where in SA are you going to be during that time?
My home town Mosselbay. Will use the paddle tails to hunt cobbies!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on November 29, 2013, 11:53:25 AM
No rush for me Henk
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on November 29, 2013, 07:11:28 PM
No rush for me Henk


times two !
take your time .
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 01, 2013, 09:46:22 AM
Guys, sitting here on Zurich airport, I wish I could have had pics of the molds at least, but alas the magic of the SA work ethic managed to delay the delivery of the parcels from customs to the dear old Post Office sufficiently as to not allow me to take possession thereof!




So hopefully when I return next Sunday, I can start the car so that I can hopefully collect the molds and the colouring parcels from the old Tannie at the post office!


I cannot wait, wanted the wife to collect it, but she refuses to go to the post office due to several mishaps with some unfriendly service. So till Monday next week?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Charles on December 01, 2013, 05:05:25 PM
Take your time and enjoy the snow!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 02, 2013, 08:30:47 AM
Take your time and enjoy the snow!


 :hehe:  Nose started running on the flight to Bucharest :cnfzd , not too much snow, yet. But will try and enjoy, just have a lot to do (work wise) so there might not be any time for anything else :shk  As for the time being taken, well there's not much I ca do about that, will only be able to start doing anything as soon as I am back!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 02, 2013, 10:19:49 AM
LGF we are leaving on the 18th of Dec.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 02, 2013, 12:43:35 PM
LGF we are leaving on the 18th of Dec.


Buddy, you should be sorted before then, will get hold of you once I am back on Monday the 9th, please PM me your cell number? Need to make sure of your order?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 02, 2013, 12:48:15 PM
Sweet LGF and thanks. Iets much appreciated. We can chat when you are back, travel save!
 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 09, 2013, 09:18:02 PM
Kay, so I'm back from Transylvania, no Dracula, although Vlad the Impaler drove me to the airport, using his black sedan as a spear trying to impale other road users, 60+ years old listening to Death Metal really loud...... :shk


Anyhow, picked up the one parcel, today? The other was supposedly delivered on Friday at my place of residence, cause they, wait for it, "Cannot send it to the post office. " I landed on Sunday, so no parcel, so today the post office gives me a number to phone to ask where the parcel is. post office opens at 9.


So I phoned, they are next to OR Tambo airport, the parcel is there, with a note that. I apparently made on. Friday, (was in Romania) that I will come to collect it at ORTIA. BTW, this phone call got answered after two solid hours of listening to it ringing and some voice recording.


Kay so after indicating that I did not make the request to collect it myself, I was told that they will deliver, so when I ask when, they say, oh hmm that will be tomorrow as it is already past nine and the drivers have left for today, funny the ass-wipe couldn't wait five minutes for my better half to get to the house to receive the parcel on Friday, must have ten millions little parcels to deliver and he is the only driver with a donky cart and two dead donkey's. So he has no time to spare!


What baffles the little intellect I have out of me the most, is what the lady at the post office told me this morning. She said and I quote "they try three times to deliver it, before they send it to the post office" What The F?... they cannot deliver it to the post office, but after three failed attempts to deliver it at my house they will send it to the post office? That's another thing, the parcel that I got at the post office contains liquid coloring, that is flammable, which according to their (the post office) shipping protocols cannot be mailed. I've been receiving the same kind of parcels for almost three years now. The parcel that CANNOT BE SENT to the post office contains four blocks of aluminum? Yeah try explain this one so that it makes sense to anybody with even half a brain cell!


I am off sick and will be waiting for the idiot tomorrow, this crap just drives me freaking nuts, incompetence, arrogance and then submitting false claims as to why it was not delivered. Also want to know why four blocks of aluminum could not be sent to the post office.


Ok so, lemme calm down, the parcel I managed to get contained the coloring and I managed to mix the last of the colors today, will take pics of the colors. Post them and perhaps that will make it easier for you guys to say what you want.


Luckily, mixing the colors helped me relax and calmed me enough so that I can have a steady aim tomorrow :rotfl
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 10, 2013, 09:34:51 AM
Shees, LGF these guys at the post office isn't even sure if they should scratch their watches and check their backsides. I had the same thing with a delivery company two weeks ago.
 The packages should have been deliverd two weeks prior. So I phone the company and ask if they lost them selfes in the mail. The next morning the delivery company phones me and I tell him to give me call before they left the depo in JHB. I get a call at 12 in the afternoon from the driver, he is waiting at my gate in centurion. I ask him to wait for me and chase back to Centurion only to find that he had left.
So I give very polite call to the delivery company and the guy tells me that the driver waited for me for two hours. I kindly let him know that his ability lie is only riveld by his complete incompetence. At 7 at night a truck stops at our front gait again without announcement. On the slip a note is writen that I should be contacted before delivery. Eish...
 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 10, 2013, 10:48:05 AM
The company that apparently has to deliver the parcel is, very very ironic, named  expedited mail services, Expidited?


Just managed to figure out what the incompetent stupid woman is saying on the voice recording, yes I'm in the second hour of this mornings phone calls, get cut off after each five minute waiting listening to the ringing and voice recordings, sounded like emf.sapo.co.za when in fact it was EMS. Sapo.co.za, so I visit the web site, it only displays their (EMS) and the post office logo, nothing more, refreshed several times, same result.


Eventually found some other link that opened the tracking page, typed in the tracking number: parcel received on the 27th of Nov from customs, currently in transit, but it was last scanned @ 08:35 on the 9th of dec.


So I reverted back to getting cut off with no one to even answer so that I can tell them how  swr  Useless they are!


They better just hope the idiot delivering arrives here today, if not, I am in my car as sick as I am and I will  swr Drive to ORTIA and then they will have to speak to me, can't get cut off, can't argue with the facts, I ll even let them listen to their own swr  Recordings and then let them see how many times one gets cut off. Again, very ironic, the voice recording says " ..... Your call will be attended to shortly." When it should say
" <:  You, your call means shhhh, and you will be disconnected shortly and continuously, so have a nice day and welcome to Afri l&$?&& ca"
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 10, 2013, 11:36:21 AM
 :hyst: welcome to expiditing... Whats wrong, every one seems to be getting either bad cold or the OOBE.( Open on both ends). any way hope you get well soon.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 10, 2013, 03:24:10 PM
Bastards, I am driving there tomorrow hopefully I will just get my parcel and tell the, what I think of them and not make the evening news in a bad way :shk


Man, it's asthmatic bronchitis, so my upper end is very well blocked, but then again the other part of OOBE periodically manifests itself since last week  :rotfl  Crazy. It is summer not winter, although I had a week of extreme winter last week, but come on it's over now, why this bug is still hanging on is a mystery.
My father in law used to say: "if you're sick and you go to the doctor you are only sick for two weeks, if you are sick and you don't go to the doctor you'll only be seiche for 14 days" :rotfl
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 11, 2013, 10:16:44 AM
LGF, very true. Can you send me a PM with your banking stuff. I would like a selection of paddle tails in the order of R500-600. I think these will work great for our little green friends in the fresh water too.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 11, 2013, 10:32:15 AM
Buddy, I will, just on my way to Kempton to go collect the parcel myself, after R327.96 worth of phone calls that all got cut off before I could speak to any "Agent" bloody agents, I managed to get through and the lady mentioned that nobody worked yesterday, hence the two hundred odd calls getting cut off. Parcel will not be delivered as they now need to catch up on Monday, Tuesday and today's work. Incompetence like you cannot believe!


Anyhow, still need to post pics of the colors first so that you guys can see what you like and then place orders. My laptop's sim is just apparently now registered as pay as you go data sim from an upgrade on a data contract that is 6 years old already and although I have 13gigs of data available on the contract I cannot use it. So I cannot upload the pics from the iPad which is what I am using to post here.


Soon as I get back from Kempton I have to go to the Vodastore and get that sorted. Alternatively, you can send me a PM with the colour combinations that you want and I can start with those so long. Please make sure that you mentioned the top color first and the bottom color second also please mention the flake/glitter that needs to be in each or if it must only be the color.


I.e. Chart black flake, pearl white, this will read as chartreuse with black glitter/flake for the top and pearl white for the belly of the lure, etc etc. also please mention the amount of each you'd like. Planning on putting around 7 or so into a packet and it will roughly work out around R30-R33 for that amount per pack. Will do Finland calculations once I get the molds and can measure the amount of plastisol that a make up of these amounts will use.


PS. As far as the freshwater lures are concerned, I make several other lures and in the general freshwater colors, so if you'd like I can even make you paddle tail lures with freshwater colors, I.e watermelons, green pumpkins, black, white, candy, red, blue, you name it.

Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 11, 2013, 10:46:15 AM
Hi LGF. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the post guys.
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower 2x 4" +2x5"
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower,2x 4" +2x5"
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse glow, 2x 4" +2x5"
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower, 2x 4" +2x5"
I would also like to try Glow Pearl 3x5"
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on December 12, 2013, 09:45:13 AM
GET WELL SOON!


Plus Watermelon with black flake / 6 inch .


Sent you a PM LGF .



Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 12, 2013, 09:57:28 PM
Ok guys Update time.
 
Got the moulds, parcel was lost blah blah blah blah and ...... THE POST OFFICE SUCKS :nobs:
 
Anyhow, started this morning with some of the standard colours like Chartreuse black flake with pearl (white pearl powder) and this I started at 8. At 14:00 this afternoon I could only manage five packs. so production is slow.
 
As mentioned earlier that the production was bound to be slow due to the single cavity and only 1 mould of each sized lure, however with laminates (two colours, one lure) it takes even longer. The reason being, once I have injected all the moulds, I have to remove the cooled plastisol from each of the injectors, the blending block (which is held together with a screw and wing nut) de-clamp all the moulds, pull the lures from the moulds, reset the moulds, re-clamp them into place and reheat the plastisol taking care not too overheat it. Another issue is due to the specific colour requests, I cannot heat enough plastisol (Due to small quantities requested) to warrant use of the production pots as the bases of these are rather wide, therefore it creates a low level even with a litre of a specific colour.
 
So, if possible, please allow me to make the lures, but to perhaps (for now) limit the amounts (Packs) say to one each of a specific colour and size? Please lemme know if this will be ok with you guys?
 
It could go much quicker, but this requires several moulds per lure per size.  To be optimal, no less than 5 moulds per lure per size. This however means that I will need to fork out another R16 000.00 and that is just not financially viable at this point, hence the above mentioned request?
 
Thanx in advance for understanding
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 13, 2013, 06:46:03 AM
That is 100% LGF. Thank you for your effort it is much appreciated
 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 17, 2013, 12:21:11 PM
LGF if you don't mind please post some pics
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on December 17, 2013, 03:01:20 PM
No problem LGF
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 17, 2013, 08:41:26 PM
Guys will take pics tomorrow, can actually take pics now, but with artificial light the true reflection of the colors doesn't come out as is the case with natural light.


Done with Monster's, half-way there with Lenny's.


@ HP and Charles, guys please remind me what you's need I cannot remember that I saw your requests, remember to, if possible, state it like monster did below, it helps a lot?

[/size]
Hi LGF. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the post guys.
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower 2x 4" +2x5"
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower,2x 4" +2x5"
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse glow, 2x 4" +2x5"
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower, 2x 4" +2x5"
I would also like to try Glow Pearl 3x5"
Hi LGF. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the post guys.
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower 2x 4" +2x5"
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower,2x 4" +2x5"
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse glow, 2x 4" +2x5"
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower, 2x 4" +2x5"
I would also like to try Glow Pearl 3x5"


Thanx for your support guys!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on December 17, 2013, 09:50:21 PM
Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

All in 5 inch please
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 17, 2013, 10:36:18 PM
Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

All in 5 inch please


HP, got that Bud, will start yours tomorrow, did you want any flake with any of the colors, reason I am asking is Lenny also wanted pink but wanted some medium black flake in it and there is still some mix of that, that could be used, if not, no probs, I have containers with leftovers and use that as required, so just lemme know?


Again, thanx for the support Bud?


PS. Meaning to have asked but didn't wanna take the moment of your hook ordeal away, but which popper got the chase and why did it not end in hook-ups?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Half-Pint on December 18, 2013, 07:01:33 AM
I don't mind some black flake in the pink lures if that will make things easier for you

As to why the fish didnt hook up ....... if I knew that fishing would be a whole lot easier! A lot ofbthe time fish will chase the lure right up to the boat and not comitt or miss the hooks when they do. It could be anything from the retrieve to the profile of the popper to the colours to the thickness of your leader or presence of a swivel. Don't worry I don't think it has anything to do with your craftsmanship!

Oh yes it was on the flaming red head popper :rck"
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 19, 2013, 09:58:11 AM
I picked up my order yesterday and the Paddle tails look awesome! Thanks LGF! Please PM me your banking details and the amount.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 19, 2013, 10:42:53 AM
I don't mind some black flake in the pink lures if that will make things easier for you

As to why the fish didnt hook up ....... if I knew that fishing would be a whole lot easier! A lot ofbthe time fish will chase the lure right up to the boat and not comitt or miss the hooks when they do. It could be anything from the retrieve to the profile of the popper to the colours to the thickness of your leader or presence of a swivel. Don't worry I don't think it has anything to do with your craftsmanship!

Oh yes it was on the flaming red head popper :rck"


No Probs HP, will keep them, but could also courier it if you really need them for whatever time remains of your holiday? Lemme know otherwise we'll meet in the new year.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 19, 2013, 10:45:58 AM
I picked up my order yesterday and the Paddle tails look awesome! Thanks LGF! Please PM me your banking details and the amount.


Only a pleasure Monster, hope you get them to trick fish to eat them.
Btw, did you have a look at the glow in the dark effects? And is that enough? Was a little scared to put too much in as it tends to discolor the plastisol when the hand gets heavy adding the powder.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on December 20, 2013, 09:09:04 AM
LGF if you charge them properly they look amazing! I tried for Bass yesterday on the floppy tail ones and had an entire school follow. It was just after the rain had passed so they had a little lock jaw. But I am sure these will work!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 20, 2013, 10:20:49 AM
Glad to hear, was that the watermelon gold with the clear belly's?
Guys as promised, here are some of the colors that guys have ordered:
Colors:
Pic1
TOP: Chartreuse (black flake) with white, pearl, glow in the dark and fine silver glitter belly
MIDDLE: Chartreuse (black flake) with white belly, not too sure of the glitter or GITD
BOTTOM: Watermelon Gold with clear GITD belly.
 
Pic2
 
TOP: Blue with large Holographic glitter and white belly
BOTTOM: Blue with large Holographic glitter and pearl, fine silver, fine holographic glitter with GITD belly
 
Pic3
TOP: White with medium black glitter
MIDDLE: Pearl white
BOTTOM: White
 
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 20, 2013, 10:32:54 AM
Pic 1
TOP: Pink with medium black glitter
BOTTOM: Prawn pink with medium black glitter, white pearl with fine silver glitter belly
 
Pic2
TOP: Watermelon gold
BOTTOM: Chartreuse with medium black glitter
 
Pic3
TOP: Light purple pearl with large silver holographic glitter, with pearl, fine sliver and fine holographic and GITD belly
BOTTOM: Prawn pink one as mentioned before different angle (trying to get the best reflection of the colors, not the easiest thing to do)
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 20, 2013, 10:39:07 AM
@Lenny
In the first pic the lure to the left is the traditional (as close as dammit is to swearing) Junebug color.
The lure to the right is the purple base one (which I have mentioned to you) to which nothing has been added yet.
The second pic (although very blurry) is just to give you an idea of the purple color when it is under light, the junebug one allows for extremely little light to pass through it and virtually looks the same as in the first pic on the left.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on December 20, 2013, 10:59:18 AM
I have also messed around with some of the plastisol that was left from the orders and made some sample laminates
Pic1
Orange with medium black and medium copper glitter with chartreuse and medium black glitter belly
Pic2
Blue with large silver holographic glitter with chartreuse and medium black glitter belly
Pic3
Taken this picture to show you the difference between the colors on their own as opposed to the colors when they are injected on top of each other.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on December 28, 2013, 11:37:54 AM
OMW


I am praying that the PO opperates , cant wait to get my hands on them , I good a Good Kob yesterday on Light tackle and a PD . BOOM


excellent work LGF ! (clap) :happ:
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on June 28, 2019, 08:36:45 AM
LGF do you still make paddle tails?
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Big B on July 17, 2019, 12:16:24 AM
Good question, as zoom products are very pricy :nuts:
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on July 17, 2019, 06:49:59 AM
I think he knows must quit,hiss,day job ...
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on July 17, 2019, 09:24:07 AM
Lenny do you know how to reach him? I lost his number
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: LGF on August 25, 2019, 09:06:54 AM
sorry guys for the late response yet again but as mentioned the FLW season kept me very busy, not even talking about work.


Yes i still have the molds and plenty plastic, just haven’t made any as I only made bass lures.


Lemme know what you guys want and I’m sure I can sort you’s out. This will probably be around mid Sept as I still have two trips in early Sept, the first is two days after the FLW Final.


Cost? Well, a pack of 8 (whatever colours) of bass lures I sell to the local shop for R60, some of the salt-water paddle tails are large and they might only have a qty count of 6 for the same price, might, haven’t made some in years, but R60/pack is roughly the price. If in PTA I can deliver free of charge, elsewhere in the Banana Republic, this speed services cost R100 for a parcel.
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Monster on October 10, 2019, 08:15:29 AM
I have also messed around with some of the plastisol that was left from the orders and made some sample laminates
Pic1
Orange with medium black and medium copper glitter with chartreuse and medium black glitter belly
Pic2
Blue with large silver holographic glitter with chartreuse and medium black glitter belly
Pic3
Taken this picture to show you the difference between the colors on their own as opposed to the colors when they are injected on top of each other.

Hi LGF

Sorry I cam be back to you so late. Can I please order 2packs x 4" + 2Packs x5" of each of the colours above? If you have a split body version that would be better

Thank you!
Title: Re: Paddle tails Demand?
Post by: Lenny on August 18, 2020, 08:21:30 AM
Henk you still operating ?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal