Author Topic: Paddle tails Demand?  (Read 73562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
 :hyst: welcome to expiditing... Whats wrong, every one seems to be getting either bad cold or the OOBE.( Open on both ends). any way hope you get well soon.

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
Bastards, I am driving there tomorrow hopefully I will just get my parcel and tell the, what I think of them and not make the evening news in a bad way :shk


Man, it's asthmatic bronchitis, so my upper end is very well blocked, but then again the other part of OOBE periodically manifests itself since last week  :rotfl  Crazy. It is summer not winter, although I had a week of extreme winter last week, but come on it's over now, why this bug is still hanging on is a mystery.
My father in law used to say: "if you're sick and you go to the doctor you are only sick for two weeks, if you are sick and you don't go to the doctor you'll only be seiche for 14 days" :rotfl
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »
LGF, very true. Can you send me a PM with your banking stuff. I would like a selection of paddle tails in the order of R500-600. I think these will work great for our little green friends in the fresh water too.

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2013, 10:32:15 AM »
Buddy, I will, just on my way to Kempton to go collect the parcel myself, after R327.96 worth of phone calls that all got cut off before I could speak to any "Agent" bloody agents, I managed to get through and the lady mentioned that nobody worked yesterday, hence the two hundred odd calls getting cut off. Parcel will not be delivered as they now need to catch up on Monday, Tuesday and today's work. Incompetence like you cannot believe!


Anyhow, still need to post pics of the colors first so that you guys can see what you like and then place orders. My laptop's sim is just apparently now registered as pay as you go data sim from an upgrade on a data contract that is 6 years old already and although I have 13gigs of data available on the contract I cannot use it. So I cannot upload the pics from the iPad which is what I am using to post here.


Soon as I get back from Kempton I have to go to the Vodastore and get that sorted. Alternatively, you can send me a PM with the colour combinations that you want and I can start with those so long. Please make sure that you mentioned the top color first and the bottom color second also please mention the flake/glitter that needs to be in each or if it must only be the color.


I.e. Chart black flake, pearl white, this will read as chartreuse with black glitter/flake for the top and pearl white for the belly of the lure, etc etc. also please mention the amount of each you'd like. Planning on putting around 7 or so into a packet and it will roughly work out around R30-R33 for that amount per pack. Will do Finland calculations once I get the molds and can measure the amount of plastisol that a make up of these amounts will use.


PS. As far as the freshwater lures are concerned, I make several other lures and in the general freshwater colors, so if you'd like I can even make you paddle tail lures with freshwater colors, I.e watermelons, green pumpkins, black, white, candy, red, blue, you name it.

When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
Hi LGF. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the post guys.
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower 2x 4" +2x5"
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower,2x 4" +2x5"
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse glow, 2x 4" +2x5"
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower, 2x 4" +2x5"
I would also like to try Glow Pearl 3x5"

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »
GET WELL SOON!


Plus Watermelon with black flake / 6 inch .


Sent you a PM LGF .



Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »
Ok guys Update time.
 
Got the moulds, parcel was lost blah blah blah blah and ...... THE POST OFFICE SUCKS :nobs:
 
Anyhow, started this morning with some of the standard colours like Chartreuse black flake with pearl (white pearl powder) and this I started at 8. At 14:00 this afternoon I could only manage five packs. so production is slow.
 
As mentioned earlier that the production was bound to be slow due to the single cavity and only 1 mould of each sized lure, however with laminates (two colours, one lure) it takes even longer. The reason being, once I have injected all the moulds, I have to remove the cooled plastisol from each of the injectors, the blending block (which is held together with a screw and wing nut) de-clamp all the moulds, pull the lures from the moulds, reset the moulds, re-clamp them into place and reheat the plastisol taking care not too overheat it. Another issue is due to the specific colour requests, I cannot heat enough plastisol (Due to small quantities requested) to warrant use of the production pots as the bases of these are rather wide, therefore it creates a low level even with a litre of a specific colour.
 
So, if possible, please allow me to make the lures, but to perhaps (for now) limit the amounts (Packs) say to one each of a specific colour and size? Please lemme know if this will be ok with you guys?
 
It could go much quicker, but this requires several moulds per lure per size.  To be optimal, no less than 5 moulds per lure per size. This however means that I will need to fork out another R16 000.00 and that is just not financially viable at this point, hence the above mentioned request?
 
Thanx in advance for understanding
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »
That is 100% LGF. Thank you for your effort it is much appreciated
 

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »
LGF if you don't mind please post some pics

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »
No problem LGF

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 08:41:26 PM »
Guys will take pics tomorrow, can actually take pics now, but with artificial light the true reflection of the colors doesn't come out as is the case with natural light.


Done with Monster's, half-way there with Lenny's.


@ HP and Charles, guys please remind me what you's need I cannot remember that I saw your requests, remember to, if possible, state it like monster did below, it helps a lot?

[/size]
Hi LGF. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the post guys.
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower 2x 4" +2x5"
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower,2x 4" +2x5"
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse glow, 2x 4" +2x5"
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower, 2x 4" +2x5"
I would also like to try Glow Pearl 3x5"
Hi LGF. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the post guys.
Charteuse black flake and Pearl fine silver flake in glow lower 2x 4" +2x5"
Soft purple pearl silver flake and white glow lower,2x 4" +2x5"
Olive back gold glitter and charteuse glow, 2x 4" +2x5"
Blue back silver flake and  pearl  silver flake lower, 2x 4" +2x5"
I would also like to try Glow Pearl 3x5"


Thanx for your support guys!
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

All in 5 inch please

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
Motoroil
Black with white belly
Glow in the dark (the base colour doesn't particularly worry me)
Pink

All in 5 inch please


HP, got that Bud, will start yours tomorrow, did you want any flake with any of the colors, reason I am asking is Lenny also wanted pink but wanted some medium black flake in it and there is still some mix of that, that could be used, if not, no probs, I have containers with leftovers and use that as required, so just lemme know?


Again, thanx for the support Bud?


PS. Meaning to have asked but didn't wanna take the moment of your hook ordeal away, but which popper got the chase and why did it not end in hook-ups?
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:33 AM »
I don't mind some black flake in the pink lures if that will make things easier for you

As to why the fish didnt hook up ....... if I knew that fishing would be a whole lot easier! A lot ofbthe time fish will chase the lure right up to the boat and not comitt or miss the hooks when they do. It could be anything from the retrieve to the profile of the popper to the colours to the thickness of your leader or presence of a swivel. Don't worry I don't think it has anything to do with your craftsmanship!

Oh yes it was on the flaming red head popper :rck"

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »
I picked up my order yesterday and the Paddle tails look awesome! Thanks LGF! Please PM me your banking details and the amount.

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »
I don't mind some black flake in the pink lures if that will make things easier for you

As to why the fish didnt hook up ....... if I knew that fishing would be a whole lot easier! A lot ofbthe time fish will chase the lure right up to the boat and not comitt or miss the hooks when they do. It could be anything from the retrieve to the profile of the popper to the colours to the thickness of your leader or presence of a swivel. Don't worry I don't think it has anything to do with your craftsmanship!

Oh yes it was on the flaming red head popper :rck"


No Probs HP, will keep them, but could also courier it if you really need them for whatever time remains of your holiday? Lemme know otherwise we'll meet in the new year.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
I picked up my order yesterday and the Paddle tails look awesome! Thanks LGF! Please PM me your banking details and the amount.


Only a pleasure Monster, hope you get them to trick fish to eat them.
Btw, did you have a look at the glow in the dark effects? And is that enough? Was a little scared to put too much in as it tends to discolor the plastisol when the hand gets heavy adding the powder.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »
LGF if you charge them properly they look amazing! I tried for Bass yesterday on the floppy tail ones and had an entire school follow. It was just after the rain had passed so they had a little lock jaw. But I am sure these will work!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
Glad to hear, was that the watermelon gold with the clear belly's?
Guys as promised, here are some of the colors that guys have ordered:
Colors:
Pic1
TOP: Chartreuse (black flake) with white, pearl, glow in the dark and fine silver glitter belly
MIDDLE: Chartreuse (black flake) with white belly, not too sure of the glitter or GITD
BOTTOM: Watermelon Gold with clear GITD belly.
 
Pic2
 
TOP: Blue with large Holographic glitter and white belly
BOTTOM: Blue with large Holographic glitter and pearl, fine silver, fine holographic glitter with GITD belly
 
Pic3
TOP: White with medium black glitter
MIDDLE: Pearl white
BOTTOM: White
 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:26:05 AM by LGF »
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Paddle tails Demand?
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
Pic 1
TOP: Pink with medium black glitter
BOTTOM: Prawn pink with medium black glitter, white pearl with fine silver glitter belly
 
Pic2
TOP: Watermelon gold
BOTTOM: Chartreuse with medium black glitter
 
Pic3
TOP: Light purple pearl with large silver holographic glitter, with pearl, fine sliver and fine holographic and GITD belly
BOTTOM: Prawn pink one as mentioned before different angle (trying to get the best reflection of the colors, not the easiest thing to do)
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal