Author Topic: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!  (Read 13289 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
Wow WK a 34.5cm Stonebream is a nice one specially on that light outfit. Any Blacktail bigger than 26cm is fun to catch the way you do it  (clap)
Thanks Willie, yeah according to SASAA thats a 1kg fish, was really hard to land and he almost burnt me off a few times, eventually used the incoming tide to land him on the rocks, was so happy! And those Blacktails give you a nice rev!!!

J-Rock

  • Guest
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »
When those big  :blktl: hit you, they hit hard. What a feeling! w;k

Offline PH

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2492
  • Cred: 259
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pringle Bay
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 02:14:28 PM »
Must have been a vey satisfying trip!
 :shre:
Make me think that I am bit bit of a bull in a China shop with my tackle.
We civilise left,  we civilise right
Till nothing is left and nothing is right
"Paint your wagon"

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 02:14:57 PM »
:cgrts: WK, you had a good trip... Some really nice catches... (clap)
J was awesome buddy  :happ: and  :tkx:

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
When those big  :blktl: hit you, they hit hard. What a feeling! w;k
:hehe: Yeah got burnt off twice before I tightened my drag to almost full pressure and just pulled one in

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Must have been a vey satisfying trip!
 :shre:
Make me think that I am bit bit of a bull in a China shop with my tackle.
:tkx: PH it was unbelievably satisfying, such a jol! Dont get me wrong the light tackle is awesome, even a 10cm fish gives you a good run for your money and when you are able to land that bigger fish its the best feeling in the world but I have lost some bigger Kob, Bronze Bream, Stonebream, Leeries and a big Flatfish so it has its disadvantages but thats what makes me come back for more  w;k

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »
Dont want to hijack your site. It is not easy to catch a stonebream and I have found for some strange reason that when I put the cotton on my bait (sardine) I leave some cotton hanging looks untidy but I got a lot of stonebream that way. When I put the cotton on neatly nothing :dunno:
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 02:57:48 PM »
Dont want to hijack your site. It is not easy to catch a stonebream and I have found for some strange reason that when I put the cotton on my bait (sardine) I leave some cotton hanging looks untidy but I got a lot of stonebream that way. When I put the cotton on neatly nothing :dunno:
No worries Willie, all I have found that it is very tough to catch Stonebream that was only my second landed one in that spot in 7 years... When the tide is really low you can see quite a few of them swimming but they wont take a bait... The two fish I caught were kgs and 1kg the first was on bloodworm and the second on sandprawn... I must fish that spot about 15 times a year and the Stonebream seem to be very finicky when it comes to bait! I think they prefer a natural or moving bait which is why they eat your "untidy" baits, I dont know they are strange fish  :dunno:

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »
WK fantastic stuff mate, seems sticking to your guns & going light really does pay off for you!

 :cgrts: on a awesome quick fire trip,  :shre: the great report +cred.

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
That just shows how different areas fish differently. Many spots along the natal south coast stone bream come so thick I have caught 20 in under an hour blacktail on the other hand especially size ones are quite difficult

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
WK fantastic stuff mate, seems sticking to your guns & going light really does pay off for you!

 :cgrts: on a awesome quick fire trip,  :shre: the great report +cred.
:tkx: Paulo, it does pay off and I really enjoy it if I loose a fish every now and then because I fish too light I dont mind! But thanks Im going back this weekend for 2 days so I will se what i can do then  :hnthnt:

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 03:14:58 PM »
That just shows how different areas fish differently. Many spots along the natal south coast stone bream come so thick I have caught 20 in under an hour blacktail on the other hand especially size ones are quite difficult
Very true, i just guess it depends on the location more than the bait... All I know is there are some huge Stonebream at this spot but they dont chow chokka, sardine, black mussel and every other bait you throw at them  duh

J-Rock

  • Guest
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 03:47:59 PM »
Very true, i just guess it depends on the location more than the bait... All I know is there are some huge Stonebream at this spot but they dont chow chokka, sardine, black mussel and every other bait you throw at them  duh
[/quote



What you need is a secret weapon of some sort.... Find the stone bream's cryptonite!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:48:17 PM by J-Rock »

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
Been looking for 7 years J, although I think Sand Prawn could work again I never fished with Sandprawn there before so i am going to give it another go this weekend maybe i can get another one  :clwn

J-Rock

  • Guest
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
Been looking for 7 years J, although I think Sand Prawn could work again I never fished with Sandprawn there before so i am going to give it another go this weekend maybe i can get another one  :clwn

The thing i dont't like about sandprawn though is that they are taken off your hook so easily. I assume the pink prawn you are talking about is the normal prawn that you can buy at PnP or 7/11. Some guys even swear by klip prawn. If you can find klip prawn give them a go, as they are tough.... :corrct:

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
Have you tried red bait?

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »
@ J Sand Prawn (Cracker Shrimp) is a deadly bait and in that area you get a take about every 5 throws and its less than 3 meters from where you put your stuff to the fishing area, I dont mind it at all... When i fish in the river i use sand or mud prawn and I cotton them on nicely which generally take about 10 pecks from the smaller fish before its off... I have tried pink prawn off those rocks but had limited success... I rig the sand prawn through the tale twice, their tales are quite tough and it works very well, I just use a smaller hook so I can hook anything that takes the bait...

@ Brad, I have tried to look for it in the area I fish but have not found any...

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
WK ...Footloose fish must be missing you ????hahahahaha

J-Rock

  • Guest
Re: WalkersKiller Invades The Salt!!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »
WK ...Footloose fish must be missing you ????hahahahaha

There's been issues @ Footloose since WK left... :hyst:

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal