0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Why o why do we need so many??????
Cos we can. And some of them are VERY pretty.
@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?
Quote from: Prego on September 19, 2011, 01:43:43 PM@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta
Quote from: Cam Mundy on September 19, 2011, 01:46:38 PMQuote from: Prego on September 19, 2011, 01:43:43 PM@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta I have always wondered what the hook up percentage difference is from using wire or mono but have never fished an area where the toothy critters are dik, I guess I will experiment with this in December.
Quote from: Prego on September 19, 2011, 01:53:47 PMQuote from: Cam Mundy on September 19, 2011, 01:46:38 PMQuote from: Prego on September 19, 2011, 01:43:43 PM@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta I have always wondered what the hook up percentage difference is from using wire or mono but have never fished an area where the toothy critters are dik, I guess I will experiment with this in December.if you're trolling bibbed lure's the chances are something with teeth will nosh it so steel is the way to go. on the traditional magnums we will go for a meter or more of trace in front of the lure you can do less but its a bugger to roll and store a trace less than that without kinking it. Since we started trolling X-rap which you can you can pull at speeds up up to 16knts we've found you can shorten the trace as the fish has less time to check it out but its worth going heavier on the trace as wahoo will often hit lures at this speed and they have teeth like chainsaws.
that's what I thought. We run them the same but no wire, so we loose one once in a while.
Not personally but I plan to test this theory in December, my brother had a huge hook up rate in December using flouro and in a weeks fishing he lost only 2 lures, but he never tried steel. for the hijack WK