0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
So basically , you ' rough' up the spoon with back of knife and polish with the glass bottle . You can use steel wool instead of the knife , too . you then can even go further and use metal polish , available at a Midas .Bet we will get more tricks for other members .Have loads of spoons , think its time I have a go and clean them up.
I've caught more fish on a plain metal (silver) spoon than any other lure. A shiny spoon works a charm for
I just got 5 of these called the Wally Weeks spinner still need to shine them up a bit however apparently widely used by the tail fisherman in the Cape! Gonna try them out in Dec and next year in Inhassoro. Should work a treat
Two nice spoons.....jip tin is the best .....clear glass bottle and then toilet paper ...the toilet paper gives it that mirroe finish...On those two spoons I would put a short shank 7/0 live bait hook on and take the swivel off......
Talking about spoons..... especially the polishing thereof.http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=11236.0
Thanks PH will give it a bash. Not sure if I am doing something wrong however I've got one of those buffing wheels on my bench grinder and when trying to polish stainless damn it takes long?