0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
we were there last weekend and it was hard but fish are moving try te 1st run under Tim's lawn between the falls and the willow else get a boat and ift that big pool towards mount Zion and the Dolomite ridge We ill be there next sunday the 9th.
Quote from: Lichia amia on August 30, 2012, 11:07:09 AMQuote from: Homie on August 23, 2012, 08:27:01 PMGuess I need to start getting a kit together soon ! Gnomes your Trout set up if perfect for the Vaal , just nick the Mrs. broom stick for a wading stick Yup, that's what I used the last time with Rory, Herman and Nico.Need a vest, and more importantly, flies and wading boots.
Quote from: Homie on August 23, 2012, 08:27:01 PMGuess I need to start getting a kit together soon ! Gnomes your Trout set up if perfect for the Vaal , just nick the Mrs. broom stick for a wading stick
Guess I need to start getting a kit together soon !
So my fishing buddy bailed on me - think he had a big babbie after the WP game last night!!! I decided to go to Woelwaters as I've never been to Eendekuil and don't know the water there. Water was very cold (Leeukoud) and the grass white with frost. I tried the fly but only caught rocksnot!! Switched over to rapalas and deeper water, also nothing!!! There were a couple of conventional anglers and they got nothing as well. Can't believe it - my first blank session of the year!!! Christo, wrong venue for the time of the year. There again if you don't "prospect" you will never find the "right" venue. Regarding it being the "First Blank of the Year " , have you been fishing the Vaal throughout winter without blanking. ?????? If so, please PM me the venues.Hope you have better luck next week urbanff
So my fishing buddy bailed on me - think he had a big babbie after the WP game last night!!! I decided to go to Woelwaters as I've never been to Eendekuil and don't know the water there. Water was very cold (Leeukoud) and the grass white with frost. I tried the fly but only caught rocksnot!! Switched over to rapalas and deeper water, also nothing!!! There were a couple of conventional anglers and they got nothing as well. Can't believe it - my first blank session of the year!!! Hope you have better luck next week urbanff
Quote from: christosch on September 02, 2012, 07:20:12 PMSo my fishing buddy bailed on me - think he had a big babbie after the WP game last night!!! I decided to go to Woelwaters as I've never been to Eendekuil and don't know the water there. Water was very cold (Leeukoud) and the grass white with frost. I tried the fly but only caught rocksnot!! Switched over to rapalas and deeper water, also nothing!!! There were a couple of conventional anglers and they got nothing as well. Can't believe it - my first blank session of the year!!! Christo, wrong venue for the time of the year. There again if you don't "prospect" you will never find the "right" venue. Regarding it being the "First Blank of the Year " , have you been fishing the Vaal throughout winter without blanking. ?????? If so, please PM me the venues.Hope you have better luck next week urbanff
Homes, I have a spare vest which you can have. Only condition is that you join us in the next 2 weekends.
It seems saturday's keg got to me when I said I am going to fish with you on sunday. I have to go to the inlaws on sunday :(But I will still show my face for breakfast and then make a quick run home!
As expected, with the good rains of the last few days the Barrage is releasing 75 tons/second.Goose Bay is reading close on 80. Great news indeed as this flush "should" clear a lot of the rock snot that has been building as well as clear the detrimus lying on the bottom. Forget fishing the Middle Vaal this weekend, fishing on dropping flows doesn't work, and the water will still be dirty. Rather tie flies.
Went out on Sunday morning to wet a line with Rory and Herman. I was only able to fish for about 1 hour as I overslept and had to leave early to go to the inlaws. The water was cold and I blanked not sure about the others! Note I am standing on the side with Herman sitting on the other side with what could only be described as dutch courage and the only clown in the water being Rory
Herman just kidding! Good to see that the fish are almost back in the rapids!Where in the stream did Rory hook his fish and on what?