Author Topic: Vaal River Update  (Read 566799 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Debbie

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 540
  • Cred: 55
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Durban
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #660 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
I have a Mariner 4 which I use when competing with my daughter.  I dont suppose a kick boat would be suitable?

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #661 on: August 21, 2012, 08:24:26 AM »
Kick Boat will work.
Squid Happens!

Offline Debbie

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 540
  • Cred: 55
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Durban
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #662 on: August 21, 2012, 08:34:32 AM »
Thanks for that

Offline Keemo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nottingham Road KZN
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #663 on: August 21, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
Hey Guys
I spent a day on the vaal about a month ago... You guys helped me with some local info and I promised a report, I feel terrible cause I never came back with one and I do apologise... I know its late now but for what its worth we caught nothing, zilch, nada.. The wind started howling quite early and we gave up in the early hours of the afternoon.

The scallies on the KZN side though have been making some appearances and we have been targeting them the last two weeks and I must say its good to have a yellow on the end of the line after a season of trout fishing.

I know this thread is for the vaal river but ill post some pics of the scallies we found in the mooi the last two weeks just for interest sake and I hope to hear from you guys on whats happening on the Vaal

 :uarocks
I love not man the less, but nature more

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #664 on: August 21, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
Some super fish there Keemo!  :win:  Where were you fishing?

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #665 on: August 21, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
Rory are you also thinking of a little road trip?
Squid Happens!

Offline Keemo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nottingham Road KZN
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #666 on: August 21, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
This is the stretch of the mooi river between Mooi River and Greytown if you planning a trip down here make a pit stop in nottingham road at the WildFly fishing shop and talk to Juan. If there's one guy that can put you into some fish it would be him, you can also organize a guided day with Juan and there are some good rivers in the area you can fish for some scallies.
I love not man the less, but nature more

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #667 on: August 21, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
Rory are you also thinking of a little road trip?

Maybe.... :hnthnt:

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #668 on: August 21, 2012, 09:54:32 AM »
 :rck"
Those waters scream to be fished
Squid Happens!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #669 on: August 22, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »
I have a Mariner 4 which I use when competing with my daughter.  I dont suppose a kick boat would be suitable?

Debbie, the Mariner would be fine at GVP and most other winter venues.
 
However the first venue I intend taking you to is very easy wading, no need for a boat. With the temps warming up quickly middle Sept looks good for me for the specific venue I have in mind. w;k
 
O will be in touch after you have moved. :-)
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline UrbanFF

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Weltevredenpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #670 on: August 22, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »
Sharing is caring  :frid

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #671 on: August 23, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
Sharing is caring  :frid

Depending on the weather, and the "Rock Snot" I may just turn the trip into the first Ultimate Vaal trip of the season. :clwn :frid
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #672 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
Right... Time to get back into this !

Herman, would you please be so kind as to keep me in mind, and I will in turn remember an extra special suitable beverage for you !

Guess I need to start getting a kit together soon !

Offline UrbanFF

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Weltevredenpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #673 on: August 23, 2012, 11:24:47 PM »

Guess I need to start getting a kit together soon !
.......and I Noah guy :)

Offline UrbanFF

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Weltevredenpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #674 on: August 30, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »
@ YFP The average Flow Rate is 15.111 Cubic Meter per second measured on 30 August 2012. The water temperature is 14.0 Degrees Celsius.
[/size]Enjoy this Sunday - I will be unable to get to the Vaal but will be with you in spitit - am thinking of hitting Eendekuil on the Sunday 9th Sept instead.[/color]

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #675 on: August 30, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
Guess I need to start getting a kit together soon !

Gnomes your Trout set up if perfect for the Vaal , just nick the Mrs. broom stick for a wading stick  w;k

Offline christosch

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 234
  • Cred: 44
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: vanderbijlpark gauteng
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #676 on: August 31, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »
Hey guys - thinking of going to Eendekuil on Sunday. Is it maybe a bit too early or do we stand a chance of catching anything?? LM or SM?

Offline UrbanFF

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Weltevredenpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
we were there last weekend and it was hard but fish are moving try te 1st run under Tim's lawn between the falls and the willow else get a boat and ift that big pool towards mount Zion and the Dolomite ridge We ill be there next sunday the 9th.

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #678 on: August 31, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
Guess I need to start getting a kit together soon !

Gnomes your Trout set up if perfect for the Vaal , just nick the Mrs. broom stick for a wading stick  w;k

Yup, that's what I used the last time with Rory, Herman and Nico.

Need a vest, and more importantly, flies and wading boots.

Offline UrbanFF

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Weltevredenpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #679 on: August 31, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
Spring sale @ urban tomorrow 20percent off every thing   

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal