0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
this thread is making me emotional!!!! Conservation or presevation. I agree and disagree with both parties here but I would like to note that Sea Shepard are idiots.... they are now targeting spearos with photoshoped images of a fish speared in a herons mouth, what idiots. Next you won't be able to eat a sustainable species if they have there way or damn can't you hear that carrot crying as you bite into it!!! Japanese vessels hunting whales does not constitute research - this I agree on but what does it have to do with Trekking?Trek netters in the Cape need to be regulated and they need to treat the fish with respect (they should be shot for leaving fish lying in the hot sun and throwing them into the back of trucks bruising them) but they should be able to SUSTAINABLY fish or have their licences revoked - simple.Be inspired and find out who Dr Sylvia Earle is and lets look at solutions.... as for 932 whales how much carbon emissions did they pour into our planet with their old uneconomical engines on the bunker guzzeling ship of theirs or is this the case of the lesser of two evils? and how do they calculate that thumb suck figure 932? that is a guesstimate and inaccurate like there attack on spearos...who's next catch and release anglers?This is an emotional subject but if anyone is to blame it is failed policies, poor govenance and lack of people who stand up to what is truly wrong and turning a blind eye. I am proud to say that most on this site do not,but lets not lose out objectivity.Blantant protectionism for the cuteness sake is rediculous, I dont see these tree huggers trying to campaing for endangered snakes - there cute factor really generally sucks... dont see too many kids wanting to cuddle a pretty viper! Every brat want to swim with a dolphin or hug a panda!What needs to be done is the price of the resources needs to be increased by reduce quota and control, title given to the stake holders so THEY have a vested interest to protect the resource and sustain it and their futures....Australia has sucesfully done this so if a bunch of convicts can do this (sorry to anyone this may offend!) but then so can we...ok, I just fell of the soap box, but always interested to see what the rest of you have to say...
.....another forum thought they'd try to get under my skin by shooting shots at Sea Shepherd.......now it is a lucrative money making racket. It needs to be stopped completely.I guarantee you all, that in 15yrs time, we will all look at this form of fishing and think holy hell, did they really still do that in 2013? The saddest thing is that these operations may shut down from lack of fish before we get them stopped. Maybe I'm wrong, possibly the resources will survive, I really hope so. Quote from: rooiwil on April 15, 2013, 02:57:54 PMPoint 1.... this should not get under you skin... I critisize Sea Sheppard in there erroneous ways but I also laud their aciehiments,Point 2..... 100% ... the owners of these operations do very well whilst most of the guys helping them (fishing) live below the bread line...Point 3....I hope you wrong...!
Point 1.... this should not get under you skin... I critisize Sea Sheppard in there erroneous ways but I also laud their aciehiments,Point 2..... 100% ... the owners of these operations do very well whilst most of the guys helping them (fishing) live below the bread line...Point 3....I hope you wrong...!
Quote from: RobinF on April 15, 2013, 03:19:57 PM.....another forum thought they'd try to get under my skin by shooting shots at Sea Shepherd.......now it is a lucrative money making racket. It needs to be stopped completely.I guarantee you all, that in 15yrs time, we will all look at this form of fishing and think holy hell, did they really still do that in 2013? The saddest thing is that these operations may shut down from lack of fish before we get them stopped. Maybe I'm wrong, possibly the resources will survive, I really hope so. Quote from: rooiwil on April 15, 2013, 02:57:54 PMPoint 1.... this should not get under you skin... I critisize Sea Sheppard in there erroneous ways but I also laud their aciehiments,Point 2..... 100% ... the owners of these operations do very well whilst most of the guys helping them (fishing) live below the bread line...Point 3....I hope you wrong...!
Hijack in progress...
The Japanese have a quota, a number that they 'announce' that they want to kill. This season it was 50 Humpbacks, 50 Fin whales and 935 Minke. The took no humpbacks, no fin whales and 103 Minkes. Thus, 1035 target less the 103 taken = 932 saved. Figures straight from the Japanese themselves. Sea Shepherd never thumb sucked that, sorry.
Parasite... rest assured, i said from the start after hearing the facts about the Durban trek, that i support Robin and any other person that are acting against it. I'm in cape town and can not attend any meetings there, but if there is anything i could assist with i would do so.It is clear if you look at their catches they are specifically targetting undersize shoaling fish. Again the difference between that and Cape Town treks, down here, when there were only undersize fish around the trekking rights holders stopped trekking until they were told they smaller fish anomaly had moved off.
Robin here's a question.If you happen to be a commercial with stipulations that you have to hand over undersize fish to the closest official what do you do if:1. The official takes note of you having the fish, but does not want to take posession of the fish?2. Where would YOU keep 1000 undersize cob if no official is available to hand it over to?