0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Emjay... I use the nylon graps when fishing rocky areas and for fishing beaches for eds. The nylon holds the butt of the sinker off the floor, stopping it from getting snagged. If the sinker does snag on the rocks, then pressure normally pulls the sinker free, by bending the nylon. The steel graps are generally used for Sliding, where you need a really solid fixed point in order to slide your bait out on a tensioned line.Hope this helps?
This might be a bit but I take a bottle sinker and slowly drill a hole in it. I then use normal galvanised binding wire to make my own grab sinkers. I also take pre cut lengths with me to adjust the length of the wires according to the conditions.
I find the wire very seldom pops before your main line with lighter lines.
TIP: Buy some elastic bands,wrap them around the weed eater grapples and then store them,this way you dont get all the grapples sticking up all over the place,works for wire too...
I had a funny situation where a 6oz nylon grapnel worked better than 9oz wire grapnel from the beach.
Did both sinkers have same size boom ???I like long boom sinkers ...