Author Topic: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports  (Read 215836 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
I will try and find out when they are going to do her sea trails. They are still busy fitting her out and as far as I know she has not been sold yet. Anyone have R50 bar lying around?
:hehe:  No problem!! They want 20 or 50 denomination Randela Notes!?!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »
 :hehe: as long as I can be your 1st mate.  :spinwheel:

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2013, 08:17:28 AM »
Fir those of you that are visiting Knysna and planning to use watercraft here is the latest permit tariffs. As far as I know the permit is valid for the Knysna lagoon as well as Swartvlei at Sedgefield.  :tite

Offline RobinF

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 549
  • Cred: 85
  • Gender: Male
  • We release everything.
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »
 :+ cred: Hermann. Thank you. (Parks board is always my first stop....always tell them what a great job they do, gets them motivated, then I always seem to be the first one they inspect on the water.  :hnthnt: )

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »
I didn't get the chance to post an outlook for this weekend so I thought I'll share with you this photo I took on Wednesday morning.


That is a great photo of thee estuary mate.
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2013, 08:55:11 PM »
Thank you, I took that photo from the balcony of the house we previously stayed in. I miss that view everyday.  :cry:
I have not fished in a while, how is the fishing your side?

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:04 AM »
There's a lot of Garrick in the lagoon at the moment. Got a few over the last few weeks.
Expecting the Kob to be coming into the lagoon.
Also heard that there were a few Skip jack caught this week.
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
 (clap) Great stuff! Would you mind posting updates on this thread every now and then?

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »
For sure.
Hopefully some updates will start soon. :sreel:
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline Kona

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 213
  • Cred: 7
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »
Dont know if this is even possible but it was posted on facebook today by fishing-sa
What do you guys think
The best days for fishing are all the days ending with Y

Offline L Hooker

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1330
  • Cred: 55
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »
Dont know if this is even possible but it was posted on facebook today by fishing-sa
What do you guys think
Damn thats insane! Anything is possible however if its true must be a fish that got lost or chased some baitfish into the heads????? WOW

Offline RobinF

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 549
  • Cred: 85
  • Gender: Male
  • We release everything.
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
I know that spot where he is. It is a popular spot for Cob and Garrick. And it is quite a way up stream, not near the mouth at all. I always say that because the Knysna mouth is so deep, you can get just about anything coming in there.

I don't doubt the photo. I think I know the guy, if it is the guy that I am thinking of, yes, he caught that there. Based on his lure and the spot where he was fishing, he was aiming at Cob, I would guess?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:49:47 PM by RobinF »

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
I believe it is. I messaged Chad and he is a guide in Australia with Nomads and he does not need to lie for credit when it comes to fishing.
A reason for this was also given, and goes as follows.
"From previous experiences at this time of year Brian , the alternating winds from SE to W to SW have a cool influence on th swarmer water as it is brought closer inshore. the day before this fish was caught , the water dropped a huber of degrees offshore and forced the warm water close inshore. This is one reason this guy was in the lagoon. Trying to stay warm for the want of a better phrase. Between now and Feb we have a great chance of "game fish' being close inshore and accessible . Read the book strike about the old days and you will be amazed at what was caught along this coast. Mosselbay was our Billfish capital ! I am def going a searching after this front has passed and gonna look for some blue water"

So it very possible that predatary fish like the Dorado would enter the lagoon
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline RobinF

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 549
  • Cred: 85
  • Gender: Male
  • We release everything.
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
Admin, can you help Brian with his link or pic, we can't see it?

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
I would never had thought so but anythings possible, what I do doubt is that that is 18kgs!!
Just Fish!!!

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »

[size=78%]I re typed it as it was explained to me and it makes sense.[/size]

[size=78%]"Due to SE to W to SW winds it has a cooling affect on the warmer waters as it is brought inshore the day before the catch of the Dorado in the lagoon. Water temp dropped a hell of a lot and forced the warmer water inshore. And thus game fish would follow that warm water, even into the lagoon.[/size]
According to the book strike many moons ago many a game fish was caught form the rocks around Mosselbay and surrounds."
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

Offline RobinF

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 549
  • Cred: 85
  • Gender: Male
  • We release everything.
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
In 750m distance, I have seen the water temp on the lagoon go from 24 to 13 degrees C.

Offline Kona

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 213
  • Cred: 7
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
WOW with the cold water did not think this was possible. Was not saying it was a lie just now days with photoshop you never know if its a hoax or not thats why I posed the question.
I was in Knysna this past holiday and if I landed a  :dor: I think I would have thought I was going crazy
The best days for fishing are all the days ending with Y

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »
Yeah definitely possible, things are changing out there for sure. Last year Feb the guys were getting dorado and Marlin off Cape Point and a few Marlin have been spotted already.

 :cnfzd

Offline briansflyfishing

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
  • Not tonight baby, I gotta fly.
  • Location: Knysna - W/Cape
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
WOW with the cold water did not think this was possible. Was not saying it was a lie just now days with photoshop you never know if its a hoax or not thats why I posed the question.
I was in Knysna this past holiday and if I landed a  :dor: I think I would have thought I was going crazy


Me too, photoshop was the first thing that came to mind and a lot of people here in Knysna has a hard time believing it. But it is good news for me that this is possible. Also a few Bonito was caught of Featherbed in the lagoon as well.
Not tonight baby, I gotta fly!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal