Author Topic: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA  (Read 24106 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2016, 08:30:07 AM »
Have a look at this thread:

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=4707.0

The guys posting on here will be able to help you.

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:20 AM »
Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?


The form for the SA fishing permit is it possible to get it on line?


My first destination - where I plan to visit a post office and pay for the permit - is Newcastle. And it is inland and I worry that they do not have the proper form.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »
Getting the proper form is a bit of a hit and miss affair Mike. They are not available online. You might need to try a few Post Offices before you find one that has the forms. Govt. departments in this country are... well, hit and miss!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »
Yeah Reefz is right... Your best bet is to try a post office when you are at the coast.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2016, 08:43:09 AM »
All Post Offices are supposed to have the Angling permits, so I would try first in Newcastle, you might get lucky.

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
Thanks guys!


I already had my first bouts with SA govt departments and lets call it an....interesting and ....different experience :zipit:

[/size]IŽll give it a shoot in Newcastle if it does not work I will try in St Lucia. [size=78%]

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »
Mike when do you land in Johannesburg and how long will you have after landing before you depart for your first destination?

Perhaps I can organize you a licence and hand it over when you arrive. That way you don't spend your holiday testing out our high (in)efficient post offices

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »
Mike when do you land in Johannesburg and how long will you have after landing before you depart for your first destination?

Perhaps I can organize you a licence and hand it over when you arrive. That way you don't spend your holiday testing out our high (in)efficient post offices

 (clap) :+ cred:
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
Thank You for the kind offer!


But we will land JNB 07:05 and I plan on getting into the rental car and head for Newcastle immediately.


Does the permit have to be original . if  I had a scanned one , I could fill it out and go to the post office in Newcastle, pay and be done.

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »
Thank You for the kind offer!


But we will land JNB 07:05 and I plan on getting into the rental car and head for Newcastle immediately.


Does the permit have to be original . if  I had a scanned one , I could fill it out and go to the post office in Newcastle, pay and be done.

Unfortunately the post office is run by a bunch of bureaucrats and depending on which way the morning coffee was stirred you may or may not need an original.

Which company are you renting your vehicle from? Depending on the company I might just be able to have it waiting at the front desk for you when you arrive :hnthnt:

If not I will email you a copy of the form to complete

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2016, 01:39:50 PM »
ANother option would be for us to courier the form to your first nights accommodation that way it will also be there ready and waiting for you to arrive

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2016, 02:37:38 PM »
Brad, it's not going to work. They will ask for ID. Just renewed mine and ID was compulsory.

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2016, 02:58:54 PM »
Brad, it's not going to work. They will ask for ID. Just renewed mine and ID was compulsory.

Reefz our messenger is in the post office on a daily basis and is very friendly with the staff, generally speaking they are not too big on ID for our requests seeing as we are there so often. Lets see what happns :dunno:

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »
Post office at st lucia has stacks of forms. Renewed my permit there last week, was not asked to produce id. Al that is needed for foreigners is passport number. I can arrange a permit for you, and you can collect at Maveri k charters.
Let me know

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 03:04:47 PM »
Just to wet the appetite

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 03:08:53 PM »
Caught on Cuda casting no 2, in glow, new stradic 5000 on a 8 foot ocean spin rod, gosen pe2, 32 pound flouro leader, esimated at 10kg, safely released.

Some more appetisers
https://youtu.be/1GBqoPMEETw

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
Some awesome blokes here willing to help!!  :+ cred:

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »
Sardinella


It would be great if You could arrange a permit that I could pick up at Maverick Charter (You know I am booked to go out with You?)


I would pick it up asa I reach St Lucia.


And nice fish!!! The largest I have caught i weeks is a 4 kg pike  :-(


PS If You need my passport ID let me know and IŽll contact You private (You already have my email)


Mike

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
Hi Mike, I am not with Maverick charters officially, Johan is my best friend. I am actually upcountry in Mpumalanga.
Please send me all your details like name, phone number with international dialing codes, residential address, passport number to:
spinfish at kznstlucia dot co dot za
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:00:58 PM by sardinella »

Offline Mike63

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sweden
Re: Seek advice what to target and bring to SA
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »
OK
It is on its way.
Thanks again!
Please make it a month permit starting from the 2nd November
Mike

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal