0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
No reason why it shouldn't work... I would just beef up the components... you don't really want to hook a steamer on a #6 hook? Maybe go up to a 3/0-5/0Having said that, some amazing Steenies have been caught using a drifting type trace, (like mine), or with a small sliding sinker in shallow water. Some guys also find that fishing a skelm hook increases hookup rate? Allow the surge and wave action to wash the bait around into the dropoffs. Sand Prawn, Chokka, Octopus, Bloodworm works well for Steenies.Important when fishing for Steenies is that they have a soft mouth and lips, you don't strike this fish! When he runs, let him go, then slowly lift the rod tip and tighten up - no striking! bru - I hope you break your duck!Myabe a circle hook then - 2/0?? . Unfortunately 0.5 FC is the thickest I have, so I will have to work with it.
Hve any luck bubbleboy? Want to try out flat rocks to recife this weekend if possible.