Author
Topic: Reel Magic Charters Action and Updates!  (Read 43997 times)

Offline tkei

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 89
Re: Reel Magic Charters Action and Updates!
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2018, 11:24:38 am »
Nice goingTrevor. Well done. Unfortunately it seems the nice water has just avoid the Eastern Cape this year as my brothers have had green water all season and no fish. As a result, no hasty trips down for me. I guess there is still time till end march or so.

Offline Reel Magic Charters

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 45
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »
Well that's it for the summer. 2 marlin the last 3 and half day plus some nice gamefish. Real pity the two West blows destroyed the water and had us struggling to find blue water or it would have been a lot better. Great fun with the karoo lads so all good. Ended the season with 28 fish from 31 days fished so not bad. Best thing about it is leaving with Wave Walker running like old and ready to go full on next summer. Well done Neels and Mark! [/size]Tally ho then looking forward to the winter in JBay if this back can handle it![/color]

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2018, 04:42:11 am »
Well its been a while but  as expected the water has really improved the past few days and the fish have started to come on in Sodwana with releases of sails and stripe marlin reported. Sure to be some more action today.
Gearing up for the move to R Bay and will start fishing soon so stand by for some action..
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:42:41 am by Reel Magic Charters »

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 338
  • www.bluewatercharters.co.za
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2018, 05:15:07 am »
Have a great season, I think this year will be a great one  :-)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:15:23 am by Capt. Hook »
BLUE WATER CHARTERS DURBAN - Marlin, Tuna and Big Game Fishing - www.bluewatercharters.co.za

ADVENTURE FISHING SAFARIS - Tiger Fish, Bass and Estuary Fishing - www.adventurefishing.co.za

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2018, 07:03:54 am »
Thx you too. Need to get up there now!

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2018, 07:04:35 am »
Received amazing reports of multiple fish from Sodwana and Richards Bay this morning with lots of sails and stripes as well as Blues over the weekend. Reports of plenty bait and gamefish with the seas alive! Looks like the season has opened early and with a bang. Time to put in some effort and get some numbers up. :geet :fshn: :fshn: :fshn:

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2018, 07:22:14 am »
Received amazing reports of multiple fish from Sodwana and Richards Bay this morning with lots of sails and stripes as well as Blues over the weekend. Reports of plenty bait and gamefish with the seas alive! Looks like the season has opened early and with a bang. Time to put in some effort and get some numbers up. :geet :fshn: :fshn: :fshn:
Very exciting. We have seen a few already around Durban have had 2 come into our spread knocking konas around, the food is thick this year and warm early so I am hoping for the same our side. Time to grease up those Tiagras  :-)
BLUE WATER CHARTERS DURBAN - Marlin, Tuna and Big Game Fishing - www.bluewatercharters.co.za

ADVENTURE FISHING SAFARIS - Tiger Fish, Bass and Estuary Fishing - www.adventurefishing.co.za

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2018, 08:55:09 pm »
Right, time for talking is over - Went 1-2 on stripe double then pulled hooks on a 350lb blue. Also had a spear up that couldn't connect - season OPEN

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2018, 07:57:43 pm »
Nice.

Heard there is a lot of action up North, we struggling with 18-20deg water
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:58:17 pm by Capt. Hook »

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2018, 05:24:04 pm »
Water on inside here was 19 on way out. Bloody south winds driving me nuts!!!

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2018, 04:30:48 pm »

Reel Magic Big Game Fishing Charters added 2 new photos.
Just now
Been super tough out there lately with wind the order of the day. Snuck out early before the N East got unplayable and released a feisty Blue for Tim early doors and then dropped a small black on the ledge on the way in mid day. The current was raging today and the blue water has pushed in well. Things are starting to look up, although the fish are still deeper. Small problem of the pestilence visiting us again tomorrow in form of a 30 knot southerly....just cant leave well alone at the moment. Will try for Thursday weather permitting..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:33:28 pm by Reel Magic Charters »

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2018, 06:14:19 pm »
Nice going, you did way better than us today

• Ultimate member
  • Are u up for it!
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:56 pm »
Well that was one of the worst December seasons in history and hence a lack of reporting here. The first time that I have turned away charters on the basis that it just was not worth it. I have always done the charters for the love of the sport and it has been such a fun summer job for me. This year was the first time in years that I felt it just wasn't fun anymore. If I wasn't happy then one could hardly blame your clients and friends for not enjoying the outing. Unbelievably bad weather and lack of good water made it super hard to stay positive and give it a full go.
We still did better than anybody else over the period and released 5 fish out of 15 outings,while many boats went for weeks without any success. I eventually decided to call it quits at the end of December as everyone was about finished with holidays and hanging around for a possible charter that I had very little interest in doing was a no brainer.
January has seen some improved water and a few days delivered some fish for the resident fisherman, but it has still been a stop start year and very poor by all accounts.
I may well fish over the Easter season if there is an improvement in the action but that remains to be seen. The trolling champs in Sodwana this week will reveal the true story and it will be interesting to see what comes out. The water is not great but I am sure there will be some fish around for the lucky ones.

The big reason for the post is to let everyone know of an exiting new venture we will be embarking on in the winter this year.

Nexus Offshore Adventures

I will be co skippering a brand new 64 ft yacht called Lyra Noa (NOA being for Nexus Offshore Adventures). She is fully rigged for fishing big game and ocean adventure and is being finished in the Nexus/Balance Catamaran factory in St Francis Bay. She is due to go in the water end March/April.
It is a long time project that has taken longer than expected but was our goal ever since we did the first delivery of the first 60 ft yacht to come out of the factory in 2011.
The trip on Nexus in 2011 across the Atlantic was an incredible experience and the fishing we did on some of the mid ocean seamounts was off the planet. Some might remember a four part article I did in the Ski Boat magazine back then. We intend to do a lot more exploring and fishing on these off the beaten track places and I will be documenting and filming as we go.
Will probably start a new thread under the NOA name and keep all posted on our progress. At this stage we intend doing a first shake down trip to Madagascar and north just to give her a good run and iron out any kinks before setting off next year across the Atlantic and onwards.

Please check out the facebook page Nexus Offshore Adventures on the link [size=1.35em]https://www.facebook.com/NEEDADVENTURE/?ref=bookmarks[/size]
like the page and follow.
There are updates on the build with pics etc and we welcome some input and banter..
Look forward to engaging with everyone and showing off some fun fishing spots in the future...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:47:17 pm by Reel Magic Charters »

Offline Exavier

• Exavier
  • Cred: 0
  • Be the best you can be
« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2019, 02:29:27 pm »
That sounds like a trip of a lifetime.
God bless and enjoy.
Meet you by the water

Offline CRANKMAN

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 50
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2019, 04:18:46 pm »
Tell us about those props, they look quite clever.
>('>
                   )<((>
     }<(({>