Author Topic: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas  (Read 4132 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline diamonddogs

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 40
  • Cred: 10
  • Gender: Male
XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:12:39 AM »
Last night as I was getting ready to tie up some flies for the week-end I was staring at the Christmas tree thinking of what I need to tie.
Seeing the tinsel wrapped on the tree by my kids I thought maybe I should use some Christmas decorations and tie a fly. In the end I tied a little green holographic nymph thingy which I will share it with you. It is Christmas after all.


Step 1
Find the Christmas Tree :P



Step 3
Raid the Christmas tree!



Step 4
Gooi some silk over the shank



Step 5
Tie in a couple of CDL tail feathers



Step 6
Tie in thin green copper wire or any other colour of your choice



Step 7
Although you have raided half the Christmas tree, take only one strand of green holo tinsel and tie in.



Step 8
Wrap you stolen bounty forward and tie of behind the bead



Step 9
And do the same with the copper wire.



Step 10
Tie in three strands of holo xmas tinsel as FB (Not Facebook)



Step 11
Spin me a dubbing noodle! I used lime green for the thorax because it is pretty!



Step 12
Make a neat thorax wrapped in lime.



Step 13
Pour a drink!



Step 14
Pull holo tinsel over the thorax and tie off.



Step 15
Take a sip and admire your Christmas holo tinsel bling nymph.



Another step
Add some Yellowfish food


www.yellowfish.co.za

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »
Neat work Diamond  :shre:
 
PS: easy on the ice you nearly spilled half the drink !!! :crzy

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:37:55 AM »
 :hehe:   Excellent - superb technique!!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:41:07 AM »
Great work Alex !

Thanks !

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
Now that is awesome  :+ cred:

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 12:19:29 PM »
Keep it far from the chimney cuz it  could hook Santa in the backside if he is not careful

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »
Good tie and great post Mario. I found the video instructions for it AC/DC - Mistress For Christmas
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Manuel Junior

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 579
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maputo,Mozambique
Re: XMAS FLY AKA Mistress for Christmas
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 08:24:50 AM »
 :shre:  Nice post (clap) (clap)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal