Last night as I was getting ready to tie up some flies for the week-end I was staring at the Christmas tree thinking of what I need to tie.
Seeing the tinsel wrapped on the tree by my kids I thought maybe I should use some Christmas decorations and tie a fly. In the end I tied a little green holographic nymph thingy which I will share it with you. It is Christmas after all.
Step 1Find the Christmas Tree :P
Step 3Raid the Christmas tree!
Step 4Gooi some silk over the shank
Step 5Tie in a couple of CDL tail feathers
Step 6Tie in thin green copper wire or any other colour of your choice
Step 7Although you have raided half the Christmas tree, take only one strand of green holo tinsel and tie in.
Step 8Wrap you stolen bounty forward and tie of behind the bead
Step 9And do the same with the copper wire.
Step 10Tie in three strands of holo xmas tinsel as FB (Not Facebook)
Step 11Spin me a dubbing noodle! I used lime green for the thorax because it is pretty!
Step 12Make a neat thorax wrapped in lime.
Step 13Pour a drink!
Step 14Pull holo tinsel over the thorax and tie off.
Step 15Take a sip and admire your Christmas holo tinsel bling nymph.
Another stepAdd some Yellowfish food
www.yellowfish.co.za