0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Slim beauty - I'll give a you a call and I talk you through a good variation
Quote from: fishatic on January 26, 2019, 12:46:48 AMSlim beauty - I'll give a you a call and I talk you through a good variationWe want a video bud
Pse also give us your views on the Suzuki rod.Thks
How are you finding the Suzuki... have you managed any appreciable catches yet? I managed to pick one up for an absolute steal but have yet to fish it. It feels absolutely fantastic in the hand and I really can't wait to go put it to the test. Such a light and crisp rod.
Gordon,Seaguar Smackdown 20lb should equate to PE2What specific brand of 50lb braid are you using for the leader?Albright: no, no, no. Slim beauty - I'll give a you a call and I talk you through a good variation
My own set up is PE2.5 to PE4 and I have zero issues. From Gordon's description on the phone it sounds like his leader is wrapping around the main line ie bunching up, could be due to too much tension of the main line when wrapping. Each brand of braid behaves differently, often dependent on the type of coating or lack thereof. Grinder braid has quite a heavy coating that can hinder the wraps of main line tightening up. Not sure about the Seaguar Smackdown's coating. I will attempt a video this week.
Quote from: BJR on January 27, 2019, 01:19:24 AMPse also give us your views on the Suzuki rod.ThksThere are two Suzuki Specials from Black Hole and despite sharing a name are quite different.1002: amazingly light. It is NOT 10' long. 1002 is a misnomer, it is 3m long exactly which is 9'10". Last one I built I remembered to actually weigh; came in at 185g. It will throw 1/2-2oz easy-peasy. It will throw heavier, but don't. If you are after a physically light rod for buck tails, soft plastics and hard body minnows, its awesome. I have personally thrown 1/4oz jig heads and the tip was sensitive enough to actually feel what was going on at the lure end. This sensitivity makes it a winner for Shore Slow Jigging. Very capable of taming fish, the larger of the two shad shown caught be a client was 75 or 77cm. The YT was taken by the same client down in the Cape.