Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
3 must have lures
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: 3 must have lures (Read 6114 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
kevf
Ultimate member
Posts: 677
Cred: 19
Gender:
Location: underberg,kzn
3 must have lures
«
on:
March 08, 2015, 05:50:11 PM »
Off to umgazana early Friday morning for the weekend, taking a fishing ski and want to have a good go in the estuary! What 3 lures should I definitely have in my box, I've got mainly strike pros bought in our local bass shop! Plan on trawling a bit and having a few throws at any good looking spots I see
Logged
its cruiser country
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #1 on:
March 08, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »
Halco Twisty Spoon
Logged
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #2 on:
March 08, 2015, 06:31:30 PM »
Olive/white Bucktail jig; Purple Onda onde;
small Needle nose GT ice cream
just read you're fishing Transkei... change that to a Mirrolure...
Logged
kevf
Ultimate member
Posts: 677
Cred: 19
Gender:
Location: underberg,kzn
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #3 on:
March 08, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »
thanks guys
Logged
its cruiser country
smiley6996
Member
Posts: 88
Cred: 2
Gender:
Location: pe
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #4 on:
March 08, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
Don't for get your zombie lure in case you see some grunts
Logged
Bwana
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 916
Cred: 206
Gender:
Deep Blue Addict
Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #5 on:
March 09, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »
Make sure you have the Strike Pro Tai Stick in pearl white (kingies and leeries) and the gold and orange (rock salmon smash that thing)!
I agree with Reefz about the olive / white bucktail it catches all sorts in the 1/2oz size
Logged
Half-Pint
CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 3712
Cred: 223
Gender:
Location: Boksburg
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #6 on:
March 09, 2015, 02:02:17 PM »
Bucktail, some sort of slow retrieve topwater lure, halco sorcerer65 in jelly prawn colour. You can fish it like a normal crank bait or remove the lip and twitch slowly as a top water lure
Logged
kevf
Ultimate member
Posts: 677
Cred: 19
Gender:
Location: underberg,kzn
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #7 on:
March 09, 2015, 03:26:33 PM »
also have a few ondas, thai sticks and bucktails. planning on being on the water by 5 each morning and with the pushing tide hopefully the fish oblige. also got some live mullet lined up with the gillie. come on Friday!!
Logged
its cruiser country
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #8 on:
March 09, 2015, 04:41:25 PM »
Give it horns Kev...
Logged
jball7204
Ultimate member
Posts: 274
Cred: 38
Gender:
Location: Durban North, KZN
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #9 on:
March 09, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17498.0
Check this post from last year. Still been catching on the same ones....
Logged
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane
Sudden Comfort
Member
Posts: 7
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Hilton KZN
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #10 on:
March 09, 2015, 07:15:26 PM »
I was there last week, White Paddle Tail worked. You can get prawns from the locals for Grunter too and even Squid worked for Perch too. Lovely spot, have fun and go slow it's shallow if you have a boat.
Logged
kevf
Ultimate member
Posts: 677
Cred: 19
Gender:
Location: underberg,kzn
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #11 on:
March 09, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »
Thanks Jball that's great! Where's the report Sudden Comfort, hope you got some fish
Logged
its cruiser country
jball7204
Ultimate member
Posts: 274
Cred: 38
Gender:
Location: Durban North, KZN
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #12 on:
April 03, 2015, 09:38:15 AM »
Any luck?
Logged
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane
kevf
Ultimate member
Posts: 677
Cred: 19
Gender:
Location: underberg,kzn
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #13 on:
April 03, 2015, 12:33:42 PM »
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=19645.msg335430#msg335430
Logged
its cruiser country
jball7204
Ultimate member
Posts: 274
Cred: 38
Gender:
Location: Durban North, KZN
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #14 on:
April 03, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
Logged
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane
Sudden Comfort
Member
Posts: 7
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Hilton KZN
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #15 on:
April 05, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »
I didn't get much hence not much of a story to tell. I aimed at fishing the Umzimvubu on a little boat I recently bought. Stayed in Port St Johns. The river was chocolate brown though but I tried and tried and tried from the Sunday to the Thursday and all I caught was a MASSIVE crab in the mouth. I also saw some huge Turtles in the mouth area which I thought was strange, and I mean HUGE.
It was only on the Friday after a local guy suggested Umgazana that we went there. What a lovely spot. Shallow but much better water and we soon found a few holes to dip our lines in. I picked up a River Gurnard with the White Paddle tail, gave me a nice fight on the light tackle. We caught a few smaller sized Grunter on Swimming Prawn and on Squid, and also a few Perch on the same bait. I think one came out on Sard aswell.
I really want to go back there as I believe there to be good sized Cob in that river.
The next day we hit Poenskop early and landed a Cob each. Again no record breakers, fairly small. One on Sard and mine again on Paddle Tail, nice hit and run fight. Going back to the Umzimvubu in July....must get those big Grunters...
I think Paddle Tails are brilliant, the movement i the water is amazing.
Last weekend I went to Umzumbe....what a disaster. I Fished Umzumbe Rocks and Pumula...I plugged, paddle tailed, popped, spun and baited Fri/Sat and Sun and caught nothing. I was sent a pic on Tuesday of a guy who caught a 8kg Springer at the exact same spot at Pumula where I was....
and heard that a big King Fish came out on Wednesday at Umzumbe
....
Hope I'll have more luck next time
Logged
Lenny
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 2529
Cred: 124
Gender:
Catch and Release
Location: Struisbaai
Re: 3 must have lures
«
Reply #16 on:
April 05, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »
Zaraspooks , baby clone stick .
Couple of 5' paddles on from 3/8 to 1 oz jig heads
Logged
Self catering , family accommodation available in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
3 must have lures
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal