Author Topic: Jigheads  (Read 6473 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tackle whore

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 196
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »

personally prefer swivel heads .

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:14 PM »
Thanks Guys for all your reply's. Tackle W those with fish head looks great . Do you sell those ?

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 07:48:21 AM »
@ TW... please show us how you rig them. Thx
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »
Where do you guys find unpainted undressed bucktail jigs in joburg, i want to start painting and tying on my own bucktail for a bit of a challenge?

Reach for a bream!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 07:22:53 AM »
Gavin, I have a mold very similar to the fish-head above, have 100's of Gamakatsu hooks from 1/0's through to 5/0's. The mold allows for 6 sizes if I am not mistaken, (Delmart mold) not too sure about the weights but can remember that it is from rather light, around 1/4 ounce to something like 1 ounce, again, I cannot really remember. Will see if I can locate the info and post it.




Give me till next week and I can make you some, if you want?





When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 07:34:12 AM »
This is what they look like (hope the pic loads, using the pad) and the weights range between  1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 5/8's of an ounce. Obviously the coo responding hook sizes will start with a 1/0 in the 1/8 ounce and so forth to the 5/0 in the 5/8's ounce jighead.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
That is exactly what im looking for thanks LGF!!! :geet
Reach for a bream!

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 01:55:22 PM »
I know TW Sells them [ the ones in his post , very neatly done , seen them and used similar ones a couple of times before ] Best to PM him ...


@Gavin and LGF , I actually think TW sells them too in big sizes . I will take up the challenge and Tie a few up .
[size=78%].[/size]


Or do you guys think we should send MM an email , and do a bulk deal between who ever is keen , and split it up ....There was a mold like this for sale about a year ago in here ... Guy from Durban , can't recall his name .


Pretty keen to try them along with a PD coming September.
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
That is exactly what im looking for thanks LGF!!! :geet


Gavin, please send me a PM with the sizes and amounts you want, your Postal Addy and I will see if I can make them on Monday (day off after the trip) and get them in the mail by Tuesday. Or i will let you know about next week, as I am sure to go through to JHB somewhere as I need to get supplies for a machine i am building. Might be monday but deffs in next week if not on monday.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »
I know TW Sells them [ the ones in his post , very neatly done , seen them and used similar ones a couple of times before ] Best to PM him ...


@Gavin and LGF , I actually think TW sells them too in big sizes . I will take up the challenge and Tie a few up .
[size=78%].[/size]


Or do you guys think we should send MM an email , and do a bulk deal between who ever is keen , and split it up ....There was a mold like this for sale about a year ago in here ... Guy from Durban , can't recall his name .


Pretty keen to try them along with a PD coming September.




Lenny, Buddy I feel so bad for not letting you know about this mold, I had for some three years already, when you wanted the jighwads with the paddle tails, if you want in the sizes that I mentioned, I will make you some too and send them off, Lemme know please?
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal