Author Topic: Jigheads  (Read 6471 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Jigheads
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
Where can I get decent Jig-heads for my McCarthy lures.[/size]In the picture below looks like a decent Jighead and I know [/size]its available here in SA.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 07:28:44 PM »
I have been using a few brands , but have a look at MAD mullet jigheads.
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Hi thanks Lenny  :tkx:

Offline pieta

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 673
  • Cred: 21
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing for the fun of it
  • Location: Bethlehem
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »
You can get them from coastal marine.  Saw them there.

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:10 PM »
Hi Pieta,thank you for your reply. Do you know it Coastal Marine have a website because im in Gauteng.

Offline pieta

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 673
  • Cred: 21
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing for the fun of it
  • Location: Bethlehem
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 06:16:35 AM »
I'm not sure.  Just try and google it. I usely vissit the branch in P E on the habour.

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 07:11:57 AM »
Thanks Pieta,I already Google it and get only info about Marine stuff .. hahaha

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 07:57:16 AM »
Pieta are you not perhaps referring to commercial marine ?  Mad mullet had a website and are on fb.
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline pieta

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 673
  • Cred: 21
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing for the fun of it
  • Location: Bethlehem
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »
Sorry my fault. It's commercial marine. Been to long away from home, luckily I will be back at home tommorow night.

Offline Clent.

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Midrand
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 09:57:30 AM »
Hi Guys
Commercial Marine is situated on Boksburg, Cnr Northrand Rd & Herman Pieterse Str, u can contact Richard on 0118233184

Offline shagnrelease

  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »
Without doubt, Colin Parker is your guy to contact. these guys make the best jig heads I have used and at fair pricing compared to the imports.
I think Tommo uses them a lot as well.
0824101fiveoneone

Offline GT Mayhem

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Cred: 11
  • Location: JHB
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »
got any pics of those jigheads?

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 01:14:23 PM »
Do Mad Mullet come anywhere close to Nitro's? Hopefully not on price...
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
Do Mad Mullet come anywhere close to Nitro's? Hopefully not on price...


Will be for sure cheaper that Nitros . MM are made in SA , so cheaper that to import i Quess ...


the Couple of Nitros I have , are thicker gauge hooks , I use mine from the boat .


The MM are a whole range , but generally thinner gauge hooks , For surf and river use dropshot/Paddletails ideal . I prefer the ball head jig , but have a few 'shad type' shape too  , you could just buy a few eyes and epoxy them to the 'blank' jughead too .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
Thx Lenny. I have had some extremely dodgy jigheads in the past so I've tended to stick to the Nitros with their Owner hooks despite the exorbitant price. I tend to use jigheads mainly for Kingies so hook strength is a huge factor for me.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Cage

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 317
  • Cred: 64
  • Gender: Male
  • I FISH THEREFORE I LIVE
  • Location: JHB, Gauteng
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
Guys, for those keen, get in touch with Shaun at madmullet. Apart from the heads that are on the website (mustad hooks and generally ok for estuary and lighter surf use), they do one with owner hooks which they supply to some of the operators in Seychelles that are better priced than the nitros (and always lekker to support local). I placed an oder about a week back to top up supplies. think they do 1/2oz 5/0, 3/4oz 5/0, 1oz 5/0, 2oz 7/0 and 3oz 7/0 - . Also good to see that they have given thought to the application of the heads using hooks with wider gaps to ensure more clearence out of the plastics.........
I hear you guys on tough lessons with cheap heads  duh ....

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
I have had some dodgy ones to , Damiki , or something like that , hooks just broke .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
Lenny, how did those jigheads hold up? And any luck with the tails?
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
Lenny, how did those jigheads hold up? And any luck with the tails?


Felt a bit under gunned with  the small hooks , but they ate your PD like theres no tomorrow they chewed every colour you sent me [ used the Nitros as per my Post up top] 


The ones I got from you , IMO are for fast fishing ,leeries and Elf , Kingies ext , and I just threw them for Kob , so I , can't really tell you .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Jigheads
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »
Good to know, happy to hear the Paddles got eaten. Busy building (collection info and sourcing suppliers for now) a CNC milling machine, this means that soon, (as I figured how to work in a CAD program for idiots) I will be able to design my own lures and cut aluminium molds........ So, if you guys have something in mind, maybe tweaking or twisting a fav lure, lemme know?




The first thing I have to make is a "kick-lever" for one of my bass baitcasters as it is deemed too old and I cannot get a replacement part, so I will cnc it, soon!
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal