0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
available now at many stores, including Basil Manning online.
A good hook to use on the iron candys are the Daiichi DH55 #12 and #14
picked up a 5 pack of 4/0 a few days ago at Commercial Marine in PE for R61.50
after many years of experimenting with the various hook options out there, I can definitively conclude that the best kook for a spoon is the one in the fishes face.
I must admit that I now change all my hooks on my Iron Candies. I have had quite a few straighten on me resulting in lots of *&%^&! Admittedly, they were on decent fish, but why risk loosing a PB because you were too lazy to change the hooks and split rings!No matter what the lure, always change hooks and split rings for better quality ones! I prefer using Owner hooks and split rings. Yes they are slightly more expensive, but hey, you will never see them fail!