0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
start doing some press ups every night
I am looking for advice on a rod to pair with my Ultegra 5500. I am looking at getting max distance with 3-4oz lures. My present setup is a G4 12', 2-3oz & bionic finger, with which I cast 120-140m (146m measued with range finder) and a Iron Candy #3. I want to get ready for the Sardine Run and want to be hitting 180m if possible...any suggestions?
if you ever get there, tell us how. I am not sure that this is practically possible.I think that the sacrifices you will have to make just to get that distance would render the rig ineffective to fish with. (at least for the gamefish you are expecting to hook and land).
Quote from: chrisquinton on April 15, 2014, 08:36:00 AMif you ever get there, tell us how. I am not sure that this is practically possible.I think that the sacrifices you will have to make just to get that distance would render the rig ineffective to fish with. (at least for the gamefish you are expecting to hook and land). Potato gun!
that potato gun might just secure you a permanent spot on the over-crowded beach....
Thr only real suggestion would be to scale your braid down to something like 15lb but you will probably lose a lot of fish especially in the sard run.Maybe get a real expert like Barry Wareham to give you some casting tips. Could be one or two tweaks to add 5m or so but I doubt 180m is really doable