Author Topic: Vaal River Update  (Read 566837 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #960 on: October 07, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
 :tkx: Guys..

Ziggs... Ive since gotten a hip cooler !  :hehe:


Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #961 on: October 07, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
:tkx: Guys..

Ziggs... Ive since gotten a hip cooler !  :hehe:



pic wont show?

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #962 on: October 07, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
fixed !

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #963 on: October 07, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »
fixed !


Looks like a miniature toilet cistern! Sies...and you will keep your beer in that?

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #964 on: October 08, 2013, 08:39:18 AM »
After taking one on the chin on Friday ( trying to be clever fishing 7X tippet and size 18/20 flies ) I went back to Woelwaters yesterday . The big Muddies are still around and landed 7 of which 2 were over 2.8kg . The Yellows are in full spawn so limited my wading but still managed to land 2 Yellows in the 1kg ball park.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:39:37 AM by Lichia amia »

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #965 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:04 AM »
Well done Craig wish I could have joined you. (clap)
Reach for a bream!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #966 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:39 AM »
Awesome stuff Craig !

Lucky bugger !!!

 :+ cred:

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #967 on: October 08, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »
Homes , that Muddy of yours has to be somewhere between 3.5 and 3.8kg compaired to the one I caught yesterday that weight 3.38kg . Catch of the month there 4's .

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #968 on: October 08, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
Homes , that Muddy of yours has to be somewhere between 3.5 and 3.8kg compaired to the one I caught yesterday that weight 3.38kg . Catch of the month there 4's .

 :shk :shk :shk

Serious ???
Awesome !!!

Thanks bro !

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #969 on: October 08, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »
Nice catches Kallie.... :win: :cgrts: ...... :envy

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #970 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31:44 AM »
Homes , that Muddy of yours has to be somewhere between 3.5 and 3.8kg compaired to the one I caught yesterday that weight 3.38kg . Catch of the month there 4's .

Craig not to be a downer but is your scale calibrated?
Weigh a full 2l milk bottle in it and it should give you a 2kg reading.
Muddies do not tend to be that heavy and the biggest monster I caught which I was sure was a 4kg fish only ended up being 2.8kg

Taking a look at Holmes' fish they all look under 3kg, remember Homie is not that big and dont forget to subtract the weight of your net
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:36:08 AM by icstuff »
Squid Happens!

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #971 on: October 08, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
Homes , that Muddy of yours has to be somewhere between 3.5 and 3.8kg compaired to the one I caught yesterday that weight 3.38kg . Catch of the month there 4's .

Craig not to be a downer but is your scale calibrated?
Weigh a full 2l milk bottle in it and it should give you a 2kg reading.
Muddies do not tend to be that heavy and the biggest monster I caught which I was sure was a 4kg fish only ended up being 2.8kg

Taking a look at Holmes' fish they all look under 3kg, remember Homie is not that big and dont forget to subtract the weight of your net

Pietertjie the scale I used is new and tested on a 2kg bag of rice. It is as close to Dam it . Pm me your mail address and i will send you more pics of the fish as well as one I took of the scale while weighing the fish.
 

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #972 on: October 08, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
Noprob - just saying knowing fisherman...
That must have been big muddies
Squid Happens!

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #973 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:55 PM »
Those Muddies were huge!!! :bow:
Reach for a bream!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #974 on: October 16, 2013, 06:58:59 AM »
Anyone up for a stint at Woelwaters on sat morning ? I hope to be there around sun up.

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #975 on: October 16, 2013, 09:24:37 AM »
Sorry Homie, I may only fish again at the end of November.  :-(
Squid Happens!

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #976 on: October 16, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
Sorry Homie, I may only fish again at the end of November.  :-(


Hey icstuff - are you trying to make us feel sorry for you?

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #977 on: October 16, 2013, 12:48:54 PM »
Yes  w;k
But I have had so many invites I have to publicly state that I am "unavailable"
Squid Happens!

Offline UrbanFF

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Weltevredenpark
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #978 on: October 19, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »
I am sure he'll forgive but I couldn't resist :)



Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vaal River Update
« Reply #979 on: October 19, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »
I am sure he'll forgive but I couldn't resist :)


 
 :hehe: :hyst:    Nice one Richard !!!!
 
 
Herman fishing is hard work , enjoy the nap .

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal