0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Come on Summer !!!
Quote from: Lichia amia on July 23, 2012, 10:15:37 AMCome on Summer !!! Craig why not join us the weekend is the weather holds?Summer is fun but you will be seriously tested in winter.
Hi Herman, Not quite an answer to your question but I will be taking an ARC to GVP tomorrow for one last bash at the LMYs - if I come right I'll post pictures and brag after the fly tying session at the TFTG so latish :)I have a load of MSPs and Woolie buggers that still need to get wet.
I haven't fished the Vaal for 3 weeks now and am getting serious withdrawl symtoms. Seeing that we are coming close to summer tactics ( my pool temp has gone up 3 deg this week, in spite of the snow on Tuesday ), I decided to start replenishing a very depleted "summer" fly box. So today I've tied : 4 x Black nymphs # 13 and 4 in # 16,( the secret Vaal recipe noggal ). and 4 x PTN Orange Hotspot in #14.' Other flies in the plan are : Olive GRHE, Tan Caddis, Chartreuse caddis, Mustard caddis, #16 & 18 V rib caddis, and a few Copper Johns in various colours. What are the other members plans for what one hopes will be a great summer?
Quote from: Herman Jooste on August 12, 2012, 07:36:40 PMI haven't fished the Vaal for 3 weeks now and am getting serious withdrawl symtoms. Seeing that we are coming close to summer tactics ( my pool temp has gone up 3 deg this week, in spite of the snow on Tuesday ), I decided to start replenishing a very depleted "summer" fly box. So today I've tied : 4 x Black nymphs # 13 and 4 in # 16,( the secret Vaal recipe noggal ). and 4 x PTN Orange Hotspot in #14.' Other flies in the plan are : Olive GRHE, Tan Caddis, Chartreuse caddis, Mustard caddis, #16 & 18 V rib caddis, and a few Copper Johns in various colours. What are the other members plans for what one hopes will be a great summer? No Humpy's Favourites??? Best I get tying as well, my summer fly stocks are low!
Quote from: UrbanFF on August 12, 2012, 07:47:06 PMHi Herman, Not quite an answer to your question but I will be taking an ARC to GVP tomorrow for one last bash at the LMYs - if I come right I'll post pictures and brag after the fly tying session at the TFTG so latish :)I have a load of MSPs and Woolie buggers that still need to get wet. Eeiisshh Richard, fishing on a workday ??????????? A cold front come through VDB yesterday and today, with high, cold winds. ( Hence my not fishing) Good Luck and tight lines, be prepared to row, and don't forget the corners I showed you on our last trip.
Herman what do you fish from? tough luck with the break off, that can be frustrating.