0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
........I thought that a thread like this would , (bait, artlure, flyfishermen,) be suitable for anyone fishing the Vaal/Orange system , and their tribs......
......there were plenty of #16 chartreuse caddis and tiny black mayfly.
Ja, about #18-20 is right. MInd you. I only picked up about 6 or 7 rocks and only in shallower sections, that water was still VARKING COLD
Eish tiny buggers! Looks like some eye strain coming up tying flies this weekend! Did you guys measure the water temp?
I am off to Christiana for the weekend. Leaving at 12. Hope I can post a couple of Largies on Monday.
Good Stuff you guys getting out & AboutNice pixCarlos}<(((*>
Nice one Rory, lion cold indeed. I'm hoping to fish below the barrage next Sunday.
BTW, how do I post pics on here ?
Here is my report for my trip to Christiana.We arrived at our spot 5:30 Friday afternoon. We pitched our tents, got the boat ready and collected some firewood. That night was extremely cold. The next morning we awoke to a perfect windless morning. The water visibility was very poor for that area and this time of year. I also could not see any water plants not even the rocksnot that normally plague this spot for this time of year. We concentrated our efforts on Largemouth Yellows casting towards the hundreds of fallen trees on the margins of the river. The wind started giving us problems from about 10 o’clock onwards. We did not get any enquiries the whole morning. We decided to concentrate on Largies again after lunch and only start dry fly fishing as soon as the evening rises start. The evening mayfly hatch did not happen so the rest of the day was spend on the Largies. No Largies was caught or seen for the whole of the weekend. :sadd
Rory and anyone else that's keen to join, I'll be fishing at Strydom's on Sunday.......
Rory and anyone else that's keen to join, I'll be fishing at Strydom's on Sunday.....
I'm dead keen, will confirm with you tonight!