0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
What size reel would be a preferred choice for a 12ft shimano vengeance for spinning?
Thanks Lenny.On the 4000 Stradic the 10lbs works great for me but then I only cast upto 1.5 oz.I have caught some good fish on the 10lbs fire line in the past. But thats from a boat will see how it goes from the rocks. Good thing is that from the rocks a 1.5 oz travels a mile with the 10lbs braid.
I agree that for yellow tail 10# is a bit light.I would then go for the 5000 for extra capacity on 20#.You should cast a 2oz easy 80m with a 9ft rod from the boat with enough left on the reel to not worry about a big one smoking you...
Quote from: Shivaan on October 19, 2013, 03:07:19 PMWhat size reel would be a preferred choice for a 12ft shimano vengeance for spinning?Shimano size 5500 (Ultegra - what I use, because it has a long cast spool) or 6000 Sustain.
Quote from: REEFMAN on October 20, 2013, 09:42:37 PMQuote from: Shivaan on October 19, 2013, 03:07:19 PMWhat size reel would be a preferred choice for a 12ft shimano vengeance for spinning?Shimano size 5500 (Ultegra - what I use, because it has a long cast spool) or 6000 Sustain.Price check on the Ultegra , Tony ?
Hi GerhardI would definitely go for a 5000 on the 10ft. I have a 5000 Sustain on my Assassin Amia 11ft and its well balance and light weight and can spin for the hole day. I'm also experience a big deference in the higher retrieving ratio of 6.2.1,its much easier to work the lure's and my Iron Candy spoons now.
Definitely the 5000's ON THE 10FT Gerhard. The Sustain and Stradic 5000's have a ratio of 6.2:1 compared to the 4.8:1 of the 6000's. That's quite a big difference and a lot less work doing a fast retrieve.yOUR 4000 on the 9ft should be fine. Also has a ratio of 6.2:1