0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
It is interesting that in the Cape we tended to use heavier spinning tackle than the Natal guys yet slowly and surely I find I am moving towards the lighter gear. Will respool one of the Gossa 6000s with 40lb gaitor braid which is half the thickness of suffix and give it a go with the leader.
On Sunday we use my Gossa 6000 with Suffix 832 40lb and the same 60g spinnerI averaged 80m and he averaged 76m. Almost a 20% difference in distance from last weekIts conclusive in our application, that line diameter plays a huge role whether it is due to weight, wind resistance or resistance pulling line off the spool.I am going to respool both my Gossas with 40LB Gator 0.18mm in the next week or so and repeat.Will keep you posted.Re the braid leader.I still hear the knot going though the guides on casting.Is that normal ?Was wondering if anyone has come up with some sort of silicone spray to spray on line as I am sure that water or salt residue even after rinsing will provide extra resistance coming off spool