0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I like using intermediate and sinking lines for tigers, anything less than a 6wt wont stop a good size tigger
You should also use fly lines rated for tropical waters as Jozini is warm water, if you use river or general freshwater lines that are rated for cold water you will have a lot of memory problems with the line making casting very difficult.The Airflo GT or Bonefish intermediate lines are my favourite.
That reel brings back memories Dodger, used to fish with them when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Never fished for tigers but I swear by courtland 444, absolutely zero memory
Interesting to hear Herman, only fly fishing I do is still water trout and mostly on sinking or intermediate and have had one sinking last over 10 years. Also don't fish I n water below 12 deg
I have been looking at new lines and have more or lest settled on a new Aquanova 7wt & 9wt WF intermediate lines, what should I do about the leader and tippet?
Quote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:02:39 PMI have been looking at new lines and have more or lest settled on a new Aquanova 7wt & 9wt WF intermediate lines, what should I do about the leader and tippet? Tie them on and go fishing Never though of that
Quote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:02:39 PMI have been looking at new lines and have more or lest settled on a new Aquanova 7wt & 9wt WF intermediate lines, what should I do about the leader and tippet? What ever you want!Look at a tapered leader or just tie normal mono, remember that you are going to use wire on your flies!
Quote from: icstuff on August 24, 2013, 04:06:45 PMQuote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:02:39 PMI have been looking at new lines and have more or lest settled on a new Aquanova 7wt & 9wt WF intermediate lines, what should I do about the leader and tippet? What ever you want!Look at a tapered leader or just tie normal mono, remember that you are going to use wire on your flies!Thanks, I have been looking on the web and there is some difference in the length of the leader some 4'-0'' some 9'-0''. I would go for fluoro carbon, but, connecting to the fly line, is it best to use use a braided loop or nail knot?
Quote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:28:47 PMQuote from: icstuff on August 24, 2013, 04:06:45 PMQuote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:02:39 PMI have been looking at new lines and have more or lest settled on a new Aquanova 7wt & 9wt WF intermediate lines, what should I do about the leader and tippet? What ever you want!Look at a tapered leader or just tie normal mono, remember that you are going to use wire on your flies!Thanks, I have been looking on the web and there is some difference in the length of the leader some 4'-0'' some 9'-0''. I would go for fluoro carbon, but, connecting to the fly line, is it best to use use a braided loop or nail knot?I prefer the braided loop, makes life much easier for that kind of fly fishing. You not drifting tiny flies on a 2wt in a stream where line drag is critical.Connect you leader to the wire directly and use a tiny split ring to change flies
Quote from: Capt. Hook on August 24, 2013, 04:31:52 PMQuote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:28:47 PMQuote from: icstuff on August 24, 2013, 04:06:45 PMQuote from: dodger on August 24, 2013, 04:02:39 PMI have been looking at new lines and have more or lest settled on a new Aquanova 7wt & 9wt WF intermediate lines, what should I do about the leader and tippet? What ever you want!Look at a tapered leader or just tie normal mono, remember that you are going to use wire on your flies!Thanks, I have been looking on the web and there is some difference in the length of the leader some 4'-0'' some 9'-0''. I would go for fluoro carbon, but, connecting to the fly line, is it best to use use a braided loop or nail knot?I prefer the braided loop, makes life much easier for that kind of fly fishing. You not drifting tiny flies on a 2wt in a stream where line drag is critical.Connect you leader to the wire directly and use a tiny split ring to change fliesThanks Mike, like the split ring idea, but what length of leader should I load?