0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
If I cast a camo worm with my fly rod - is that flyfishing?
Quote from: Ziggy on June 20, 2013, 01:12:30 PMIf I cast a camo worm with my fly rod - is that flyfishing? If you want it to be ....
If I remember correctly the IGFA states that as long as the line carries the fly and not the other way round it's legit.
This has been a very hot topic before and some pretty nasty things were said . Bird Brain , Jou ma se . , Dip sh@t and and For the purists Chech nymping is definitely not fly fishing in the traditional sense . But you are still landing a fish on fly !!! So for the sake of peace , lets let this one go
I was wondering when this fight was due.I fish because I enjoy it and I use any technique that I enjoy and because I get to share a cold one with the boys - the next topic up for discussion is sliding whole mackies and occie legs for barble in the vaal...Having mingled a little bit with "Fly fisherman" I have noticed that that there are 3 distinct goups1. Absolute purists - will only fish with custom made rods/nets and only target wild trout. Does not mingle with the lower classes.2. Somewhat Purist - will target most fish sometimes mingle with the masses.3. Rabble - Will target any fish in any way he can, carries a supply of windhoek and does not give a rats a$$ about what the others think.There are exceptions to the rules as well.
I are be a rabble!As long as I can get a fish on the other end of the line and the fish ate wat ever was on/next to/ close to the hook. I'm happy! The fish could have eaten the fly out of hunger, shock, self defence or anger I do not give a rats furry behind!Cheers
Quote from: Monster on June 20, 2013, 01:10:42 PMI are be a rabble!As long as I can get a fish on the other end of the line and the fish ate wat ever was on/next to/ close to the hook. I'm happy! The fish could have eaten the fly out of hunger, shock, self defence or anger I do not give a rats furry behind!Cheers We will be celebrating our rabbleness The weekend
Just a little question - can you use rabble fur for dubbing?
Quote from: Ziggy on June 20, 2013, 03:25:40 PMJust a little question - can you use rabble fur for dubbing?No.. us rabble use it for dopping.....
Quote from: icstuff on June 20, 2013, 03:13:47 PMQuote from: Monster on June 20, 2013, 01:10:42 PMI are be a rabble!As long as I can get a fish on the other end of the line and the fish ate wat ever was on/next to/ close to the hook. I'm happy! The fish could have eaten the fly out of hunger, shock, self defence or anger I do not give a rats furry behind!Cheers We will be celebrating our rabbleness The weekend Just a little question - can you use rabble fur for dubbing?
Hay Malakas enough now , go bake a bread !!!
Season !! Everbody has moved into Fly mode , come summer and it will die down again .