0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Morning legends,I intend to get into fly tying sometime in the future. Probably quite far future due to current time/financial constraints etc, so at the moment I'm doing research regarding brands and costs.Off the bat, I'd have to say the Renzetti range seems to be the vise of choice, but that, of course, is purely a personal opinion (I know there's a local chap who makes a great vise, by all accounts).To the question: using Renzetti as the example - As they are quite costly in SA, has anyone tried to order such fly tying kit from overseas (there are many online sources)? Did it work out cheaper? Were there heavy import duties? Would it be better to stay 'in-country'?Appreciate your time.
Sorry forgot to add I've no idea how ordering stuff from overseas works!
Quote from: Rory on April 26, 2013, 11:37:04 AMSorry forgot to add I've no idea how ordering stuff from overseas works! Rory it works by going to the website, ordering, paying by credit card, pay shipping that is more expensive than the item you ordered, pray that it does not get lost, wait forever, pay customs duty, and then you start tying
Quote from: icstuff on April 26, 2013, 11:58:13 AMQuote from: Rory on April 26, 2013, 11:37:04 AMSorry forgot to add I've no idea how ordering stuff from overseas works! Rory it works by going to the website, ordering, paying by credit card, pay shipping that is more expensive than the item you ordered, pray that it does not get lost, wait forever, pay customs duty, and then you start tying Aha! Whats a credit card?