0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Quote from: jb2 on July 10, 2013, 05:39:37 PMQuote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 05:37:07 PMQuote from: jb2 on July 10, 2013, 05:34:17 PMQuote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 05:27:38 PMFish sold inland gets a very good price and is worth the effortHi 2 bar I realise that but you must mean fish in insulated containers or on ice in bins. It is not that important since Robin had said that he did not mean that the fish was actually sent to Gauteng so we could leave it if you prefer.I have personally driven a load of snoek to JHB from CT in a bakkie during the night in a canopied bakkie with ice...No problem at all ;)Not much ice btwYup. But would you do 2 bins undersize?If I was a poacher and the price was right??? Definitely. Do you know what price fresh kob fetches? You'll be very surprised
Quote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 05:37:07 PMQuote from: jb2 on July 10, 2013, 05:34:17 PMQuote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 05:27:38 PMFish sold inland gets a very good price and is worth the effortHi 2 bar I realise that but you must mean fish in insulated containers or on ice in bins. It is not that important since Robin had said that he did not mean that the fish was actually sent to Gauteng so we could leave it if you prefer.I have personally driven a load of snoek to JHB from CT in a bakkie during the night in a canopied bakkie with ice...No problem at all ;)Not much ice btwYup. But would you do 2 bins undersize?
Quote from: jb2 on July 10, 2013, 05:34:17 PMQuote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 05:27:38 PMFish sold inland gets a very good price and is worth the effortHi 2 bar I realise that but you must mean fish in insulated containers or on ice in bins. It is not that important since Robin had said that he did not mean that the fish was actually sent to Gauteng so we could leave it if you prefer.I have personally driven a load of snoek to JHB from CT in a bakkie during the night in a canopied bakkie with ice...No problem at all ;)Not much ice btw
Quote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 05:27:38 PMFish sold inland gets a very good price and is worth the effortHi 2 bar I realise that but you must mean fish in insulated containers or on ice in bins. It is not that important since Robin had said that he did not mean that the fish was actually sent to Gauteng so we could leave it if you prefer.
Fish sold inland gets a very good price and is worth the effort
Ive seen R74 per kg in CT for fresh kob, what price do you think that translates to in "JHB" price? Even if it didnt happen...its still viable to make the trip imhoI'm done. Cheers
Sorry to ruin the day, but fish did go and continues to go to Gauteng. I don't need to make anything up, it's all there.
Quote from: 2bar.boost on July 10, 2013, 06:06:35 PMIve seen R74 per kg in CT for fresh kob, what price do you think that translates to in "JHB" price? Even if it didnt happen...its still viable to make the trip imhoI'm done. CheersThanks 2bar.boost....Me too!
This whole topic stink of corruption and involvement . I don't buy any if it
I really hope that we will see more coverage of this kind of thing. The more the press gets involved, the better. This situation needs to be highlighted and thus pressure will be applied onto the authorities. (The fact is that this should never have happened in the first place and I cannot help but wonder why this Trek Netter felt so brazen and confident about doing what he did - the whole thing stinks.) Sorry about the quality of the article.
Marthin has made a good point here. There's two issues here:1) It leads back to the authorities. The authorities are supposed to be notified about the treks and because a trek does not happen everyday, there is little reason for the authorities not to be present. It's actually inexcusable when there is more and more anger and frustration around this type of fishing that the DAFF guys don't show a face there.2) And the then there is the issue of 'professionalism'. Ok, the Trek/Seine Netters (All of them) don't portray themselves as being very professional, they have a responsibility to conserve what they surely would like to pass onto their kids? I guess in my mind the main issue on this point is - "You've been afforded the privilege that few have. Employment and a food source. Protect that source, act responsibly and do what is right" - or elseWhat should happen right now is that the guy at Macasser should have his license suspended until an outcome is found. The fact is that the evidence is there, it's not like we need witnesses and statements only. When found guilty, that license should be revoked. And then if it is a rights issue, then give the rights to someone that won't break the law. Screen the guys, read them the riot act, make them understand that there is massive consequences for breaking the law. If the price paid is greater than the rewards for breaking the law, this should not happen.
Make the DAFF presence mandatory... as far as i know it was just a kind of agreement.If the right is revoked and handed to the next person, it's simple if you and your crew break the rules, it get's handed to the next in line.All confiscated/dead/handed over fish get's distributed in Vrygrond or another designated place of need.
As noble a suggestion as it is to donate the fish, I'll say what most are probably (I said probably and most, so not everyone) thinking - it's another chance for money to change hands. I wish that I did not have to think like that, but I am sure there is a reason why they don't allow the fish to be donated.
correct robin i don't think it doesnt bring it's own issues, any "welfare" case does, our lottery system is a prime example and maybe it's maladministration is space for another threadI just can't handle the fact that one entire load that i know of was destined to be "destroyed" by having them throw it in a hole and cover it up!!!!! The fish are dead now, people are dying of hunger across the road, but we rather dump the stuff?