0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hi FritzMaybe a bit of semantics but WE will never be his people...Here is a reply to this on KZN Fishing I did a week ago Jace, I am not tring to ofend anybody. Not my intention. My old club will confess to that. My issue is that the netters are doing this.What I wanted to say is what is Morgan going to say when you "Jace" confronts him about the matter. Surely he is not going to throw the same card.I just want to make a statement to the netters here in Durban and CapetownI have heard and listened to so many stories but the thing that SICKENS me to the gut when the guys that ABUSE this netting license continue to bring race into the issue.Guys , please grow up..you cannot use the excuse to destroy our marine resources under the misinformed gesture that we non whites support your greed. WE DO NOT.
Quote from: RobinF on February 06, 2013, 03:54:29 PMGood for you CLS, I thought you'd be one of the first to say "I'm in". It has the potential to be one of the most productive meetings yet. Ken just needs to do his part....will he do it? I'm waiting to see. (I honestly hope so, the situation is actually worse than first thought)There will definitively representative from KZN Fishing at this meeting .So we will be keeping an eye on this thread
Good for you CLS, I thought you'd be one of the first to say "I'm in". It has the potential to be one of the most productive meetings yet. Ken just needs to do his part....will he do it? I'm waiting to see. (I honestly hope so, the situation is actually worse than first thought)
Quote from: nizaam on December 05, 2012, 08:12:08 AMhi all what i would like to know is, why should the public be responsible to notify authorities of illegal catches?should they not be present to regulate and oversee what these idiots haul out? every sector controlled by government is a joke take everything from u but gives nothing back.Because its our duty as responsible citizens, and in our own best interests. Evil prevails because good men do nothing.
hi all what i would like to know is, why should the public be responsible to notify authorities of illegal catches?should they not be present to regulate and oversee what these idiots haul out? every sector controlled by government is a joke take everything from u but gives nothing back.
well said kaptain hook!!!! and robinf thanks for all the work you have done with this!!!! great avatair..she sheppard is a wonderfull organization to belong to!!! to you too!!!Quote from: Capt. Hook on December 05, 2012, 08:14:10 AMQuote from: nizaam on December 05, 2012, 08:12:08 AMhi all what i would like to know is, why should the public be responsible to notify authorities of illegal catches?should they not be present to regulate and oversee what these idiots haul out? every sector controlled by government is a joke take everything from u but gives nothing back.Because its our duty as responsible citizens, and in our own best interests. Evil prevails because good men do nothing.
Thank you Rooiwil, you cannot believe the K*K that I have gotten for my efforts and even for my avatar! Bunch of kids on another forum thought they'd try to get under my skin by shooting shots at Sea Shepherd . I must say that I seldom get flack on this forum, that is what puts UA well above other forums. It's interesting that those that those that are so bold on other forums (And that are members here) won't pull the same non-sense here. Thank you Ultimate Angling for a superb forum. UA is a friendly and a 'warm' place to chat on. There is a mutual respect on this forum which one does not see on a lot of other forums.Anyway, the tide has shifted and this form of fishing is no longer acceptable. This form of fishing started out as 'subsistence' many years ago, now it is a lucrative money making racket. It needs to be stopped completely.I guarantee you all, that in 15yrs time, we will all look at this form of fishing and think holy hell, did they really still do that in 2013? The saddest thing is that these operations may shut down from lack of fish before we get them stopped. Maybe I'm wrong, possibly the resources will survive, I really hope so. Quote from: rooiwil on April 15, 2013, 02:57:54 PMwell said kaptain hook!!!! and robinf thanks for all the work you have done with this!!!! great avatair..she sheppard is a wonderfull organization to belong to!!! to you too!!!Quote from: Capt. Hook on December 05, 2012, 08:14:10 AMQuote from: nizaam on December 05, 2012, 08:12:08 AMhi all what i would like to know is, why should the public be responsible to notify authorities of illegal catches?should they not be present to regulate and oversee what these idiots haul out? every sector controlled by government is a joke take everything from u but gives nothing back.Because its our duty as responsible citizens, and in our own best interests. Evil prevails because good men do nothing.
This thread is and always has been about Seine Netting. The sentiments remain the same whether in KZN, Western Cape or even if some clown tried seine netting in the Vaal Dam. If I posed the question: Those opposed to the Vetch's Seine Netting operation, would you support the efforts to shut down the Western Cape Seine Netting operations? I am 100% sure that most would support the Western Cape efforts. It's not about the person running the operation at Vetch's, it's about the mechanics of this type of fishing and what it is doing to our resources.