0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Maximus 26,only thing I got to report is that I am stuck in Namakwa land and looks like a west coast bokkom for not getting on the boat or close to the sea for some fishing.
Hi Lenny....Not much am still away with work, After moving our boat from Struis, Gav went out in to the deep on wed? and thurs? got some small YFT in the west (20kg) and yellowtail under some weed with a few Longies mixed in but no fireworks, cannot tell you water temp as our sensor was on the blink. Heard about yellowtail at Dassen and mate of mine (Gary) bagged a few of 3-6kgs, I have photies and will try post them.I Think it was on Monday, I spoke to Paul on "Salti" and he was on the 12mile banks (Struis) and was busy catching nice size tail but I see the water temp has dropped to about 18deg.. winter is coming!I will be off to ascension on Wed and hope to have a report from there by late next week. Colin (skipper on the Island) tells me he has had 15 to 25 big YFT per day and has had 880lbs and 900lbs Blue already this season.Will see what news I can get but the big YFT should be around soon (I hope)... Tight lines7/10
What's been happening in Struis? Am I missing out on anything?
Herman I guess the red stump is what we call a Miss Lucy? Such a beautiful fish!
My Post this morn seem to have dissapeared . YELLOWTAIL in good numbers the past couple of days / 10 to 20 bins a boat . Sizewize a mixed bag , but some good fish inbetween . A welcome relief for the local Skippers after a hard winter .
Quote from: Lenny on October 02, 2013, 07:55:12 PMMy Post this morn seem to have dissapeared . YELLOWTAIL in good numbers the past couple of days / 10 to 20 bins a boat . Sizewize a mixed bag , but some good fish inbetween . A welcome relief for the local Skippers after a hard winter .Hi Lenny,Thanks for the info once "again" ... Your previous post is just under another thread ...Hopefully it would be a promising upcoming summer season ...Skipper Sorry , If I was not feeling so siff , Would have had another bit of info , but I reckon more boats were out today , maybe even tonight , my dad told me theres a Deckboat/ Tjokka boat in the bay , will have more info n Friday .