Author Topic: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus  (Read 17017 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:46:21 AM »
I think it is about time I give this reel all the credit it deserves. The Daiwa Opus 6000 + is amazing. Cannot remember what I paid for it in 2007, but it is not expensive and considering it will be 5 years old next month it has gone through a lot.

It is made for distance casting and line capacity and I have never had a problem with the drag and the pressure you can put on the reel. It has caught me all sorts of fish where it has been put to the test, and considering its first service was in 2010  :shk there is nothing wrong with it, besides the clicker which went a while a go. This reel has been dropped in the sea, been in the beach sand, has run on no grease inside the reel and still it has never given me a problem. For what its worth if or when this reel eventually has enough, I will buy another one without a doubt! Even if I have twice the budget. It has never seized up and was used when I first targeted sharks and basically never used the rod to fight the fish, just the reel.

Seriously its a great reel and I would recommend it to anyone for any application.  :dwa:


Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »
For a 1 bearing reel, it's pretty amazing how that reel has lasted, and even more amazing what solid stuff they can make nowadays at such low cost!
You can buy 20 of these for 1 Stella or Saltiga!!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
It really is mind boggling!!

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »
My dad + Manuel Jr fish with these all the time... they have 6 or 8 of them... I think they are running on their 4th year now?

They do take a lot of punishment...
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
They can take one hell of a beating!

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
Gareth shopping for  :dwa:  sponsorship  :happ:
 
 :win:
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!
Very nice bru!


Toppie I would rather be sponsored by  :shmno: :crzy

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

You have any Saltiga's, Dogfight's needing a Service tutorial perhaps? Dieing to open one of those up!  :hnthnt:

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

You have any Saltiga's, Dogfight's needing a Service tutorial perhaps? Dieing to open one of those up!  :hnthnt:
Those are the 2 I am yet to aquire  :-(

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

You have any Saltiga's, Dogfight's needing a Service tutorial perhaps? Dieing to open one of those up!  :hnthnt:
Those are the 2 I am yet to aquire  :-(

Rats!  duh

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »
I got a Saltiga 5000 , thats needs some servicing , was going to do it with  pics as that would have taken me ages , might have had it ready for next years b/bash , but if you want to do it as a tut and to see what goes on inside , no problem , ......... ok i'll bring it to the social ... w;k 

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »
I got a Saltiga 5000 , thats needs some servicing , was going to do it with  pics as that would have taken me ages , might have had it ready for next years b/bash , but if you want to do it as a tut and to see what goes on inside , no problem , ......... ok i'll bring it to the social ... w;k

When did you get that??? Thought you had a Seagate?


Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
In 2010, when i went over to the U.S..... we definitely need to go on more fishing trips together... :hyst:

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:15 PM »
The age is showing ey mike,
Reefs, you've coasted that reel a good few times ! Even put it on your Poseidon at the dam !

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »
The age is showing ey mike,
Reefs, you've coasted that reel a good few times ! Even put it on your Poseidon at the dam !

Nawt.  :craz: Reefzheimers.

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »
Homie whats coasted .. ??? some new version of casting at the coast... :hyst: ... sorry W.K , threads gone a bit off track here , yes the opus bull certainly is quite bullet proof , same as the BG range of grinders from Daiwa , simple yet effective design , less moving parts but carries on regardless. :-) 

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
Bloody autocorrect..........

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
The age is showing ey mike,
Reefs, you've coasted that reel a good few times ! Even put it on your Poseidon at the dam !

Nawt.  :craz: Reefzheimers.

 .

Remember me ..??? im the oke u went fishing with in Kosi , 5 months ago ...this is Ultimate im posting on hey.... :rotfl    :rotfl

Offline caesar

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 172
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kempton Park
Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
see they are selling for R375 on line. Worth it. think I will get myself one.
No matter what you do, someday it comes back to you.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal