ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: Lichia amia on May 22, 2013, 08:53:24 AM
-
Chaps , I have been toying with the idea of a family fly fishing day at Brookwood . Introduction laaitjies and Moms to fly fishing . Brookwood has a nice big lapa that can be booked . Uncle Greg and Uncle Rory can do some demos and we can have a nice boerie braai …..
What your thoughts , can this work ?
:trout: :trout: :trout:
-
KEEN!
-
My sons Gary and Daniel went out to a Trout Lake on Lynwood Road extension past Sunday and had a good innings with Rainbow's recently stocked all 1 - 1.5 kg's size.
Best way to beat the winter's blues.
-
Sounds like a good idea!
Clive have you got any more details on the place your sons went to? Would like to do some more flyfishing but Brookwood is pretty far with petrol prices and student budgets
-
Im in for sure !
Just not before the 16th June if possible !
-
Im in for sure !
Just not before the 16th June if possible !
Having your Bar Mizvah Homes ?
-
Only issue I can forsee is that Brookwood gets seriously, seriously busy on the weekends?? :dunno:
My sons Gary and Daniel went out to a Trout Lake on Lynwood Road extension past Sunday and had a good innings with Rainbow's recently stocked all 1 - 1.5 kg's size.
Best way to beat the winter's blues.
Sounds like a good idea!
Clive have you got any more details on the place your sons went to? Would like to do some more flyfishing but Brookwood is pretty far with petrol prices and student budgets
Sounds like the place called "On the Rocks"? Brad google them, I seem to recall they had a website?
-
Only issue I can forsee is that Brookwood gets seriously, seriously busy on the weekends?? :dunno:
My sons Gary and Daniel went out to a Trout Lake on Lynwood Road extension past Sunday and had a good innings with Rainbow's recently stocked all 1 - 1.5 kg's size.
Best way to beat the winter's blues.
Sounds like a good idea!
Clive have you got any more details on the place your sons went to? Would like to do some more flyfishing but Brookwood is pretty far with petrol prices and student budgets
Sounds like the place called "On the Rocks"? Brad google them, I seem to recall they had a website?
Was thinking of a Sat morning ( 22 June 2013 ) and booking the Lapa at the SH@t house as a base.
Depending on the numbers we can break up in small groups and fish the 4 dams :dunno:
-
Sounds like a plan.
Will check if the missus is free
1. Homie and the missus
-
1. Homie and the missus
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick .
-
1. Homie and the missus
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick
3. WK & Mrs S
-
lets see some more names .
Believe me seeing Mom and the kids catch :trout: is very rewarding .
One of the kids and myself best :rotfl moments was watching Mom catch a Trout !!!!
-
1. Homie and the missus
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick
3. WK & Mrs S
4. Viskop & the Missus
-
1. Homie and the missus
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick
3. WK & Mrs S
4. Viskop & the Missus
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :merm
Im in :crzy :crzy
-
:hyst: :hyst:
-
Sounds like a good idea!
Clive have you got any more details on the place your sons went to? Would like to do some more flyfishing but Brookwood is pretty far with petrol prices and student budgets
Place called On the Rocks. Guy stocked end of April and fish attacking flies aggressively.
Website: http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/ (http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/)
Good luck Brad!
-
Sounds like a good idea!
Clive have you got any more details on the place your sons went to? Would like to do some more flyfishing but Brookwood is pretty far with petrol prices and student budgets
Place called On the Rocks. Guy stocked end of April and fish attacking flies aggressively.
Website: http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/ (http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/)
Good luck Brad!
Uncle Clive hope we seeing you there ?
-
Kallie, is it catch and keep or do you have the option for release ?
-
1. Homie and the missus
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick
3. WK & Mrs S
4. Viskop & the Missus
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :merm
Im in :crzy :crzy
Just realised that we have other plans for every weekend the rest of the year :creep:
-
Kallie, is it catch and keep or do you have the option for release ?
You should ask Greg that question as well
-
Kallie, is it catch and keep or do you have the option for release ?
Homzie catch , gut and Vacuum pack @ 85 rondt a kg . Ave Trout size is +/-400 to 500 g so R150 will get you far.
-
Sweeeet !
-
1. Homie and the missus
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick
3. WK & Mrs S
4. Viskop & the Missus
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :merm
Im in :crzy :crzy
No worries Chaps , I have spoken to Mrs Shag and she will make sure Greg start wearing his Genital cuff again .
-
(clap) I might be able to make a plan then.
-
(clap) I might be able to make a plan then.
Good form there old Chap
-
Im keen.
-
Im keen.
Lekker Gav :rck"
-
If you have not been to Brookwood before please have a look at their web site , lovely place w;k
http://www.brookwoodtroutfarm.co.za/ (http://www.brookwoodtroutfarm.co.za/)
-
Brookwood is all catch and keep. Use barbless hooks and on slack when you bend down to net they invariably throw the hook.
Very nice place good for get together, picnic and braai but be careful - if they stocked heavier fish this winter you can catch yourself into the red very easily. Bottom dam has some nice big Carp but they are fly-shy.
Will try to make it but not to fish - sure my son Daniel will fish. I'll take photo's.
-
Brookwood is all catch and keep. Use barbless hooks and on slack when you bend down to net they invariably throw the hook.
Very nice place good for get together, picnic and braai but be careful - if they stocked heavier fish this winter you can catch yourself into the red very easily. Bottom dam has some nice big Carp but they are fly-shy.
Will try to make it but not to fish - sure my son Daniel will fish. I'll take photo's.
Great Tops (clap)
-
Hi Guys
I'm also keen will just firm up with my prettier half. Can we go to a place where you can catch and release I've cought myself into a new home loan at brookwood. Cought a 1.8kg followed by a 1.5kg and had to land a 1.2 while trying to shake the bloody trout off the management came past.A very expensive 20min morning session. I was fishing barbless. After this I broke the hook and just fished for hits
-
Hi Guys
I'm also keen will just firm up with my prettier half. Can we go to a place where you can catch and release I've cought myself into a new home loan at brookwood. Cought a 1.8kg followed by a 1.5kg and had to land a 1.2 while trying to shake the bloody trout off the management came past.A very expensive 20min morning session. I was fishing barbless. After this I broke the hook and just fished for hits
Lekker Monster
Any suggestion on a venue that caters for the whole family ( shade and lady friendly toilets ) that offers catch and release ?
-
Trout Hunters?
-
I am very keen, and willing to assist.
I can have some spare gear available to help with casting. I DO NOT see myself as a pro here, but will be able to help, recently went to Peter Hayes casting clinic that changed everything I knew about casting, and more than willing to share some of that.
I would rather do Trout Hunters, to be honest been involved in some clinics there, and they have space, you can also catch and release carp there, the trout is good. Nothing against brookwood, but they are busy and space at the trout dams become very cramped. I have good relationship with the people at Trout Hunters in the sense that I know when they stock, and as the aim would be to get people hooked I would suggest a Saturday after they stocked..
-
Trout Hunters?
Shot Gavin - Great venue for family.
-
I am very keen, and willing to assist.
I can have some spare gear available to help with casting. I DO NOT see myself as a pro here, but will be able to help, recently went to Peter Hayes casting clinic that changed everything I knew about casting, and more than willing to share some of that.
I would rather do Trout Hunters, to be honest been involved in some clinics there, and they have space, you can also catch and release carp there, the trout is good. Nothing against brookwood, but they are busy and space at the trout dams become very cramped. I have good relationship with the people at Trout Hunters in the sense that I know when they stock, and as the aim would be to get people hooked I would suggest a Saturday after they stocked..
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please find out when they are stocking in June and if we can get a group discount ?
-
Will do and let you know.
-
If Brookwood is a definite, bring cash :hehe:
-
If Brookwood is a definite, bring cash :hehe:
:unhap its not that bad . You Blokes are all loaded .
-
Were is brookwood?
-
Were is brookwood?
Muldersdrift near the Gillroy brewery :beer:
http://www.brookwoodtroutfarm.co.za/ (http://www.brookwoodtroutfarm.co.za/)
-
Hahaha I should know exactly were that is :hehe: :beer:
-
Trout Hunter sounds good , lets wait for Wynnie to get back to us and we will take it from there.
-
Bump :trout:
-
Just an update I spoke to my contact there, and she said we should look the the end of the month. They have received stock recently but small fish, and the bottom dams have a low water level. She will let me know when they order again and then I will update. But can we book the end of the month so long?
-
Can we catch and release at TH?
-
Can the weekend of 29 June 2013 work ???
-
HI Gareth
Catch and Cook for trout Carp and there are loads, is CAR
-
Are there no places where one can CAR for Trout in GP? Have had a look at all sorts of info on Brookwood and TH and a lot of people say you will break the bank after the first 30 minutes, especially in Winter.
-
Are there no places where one can CAR for Trout in GP? Have had a look at all sorts of info on Brookwood and TH and a lot of people say you will break the bank after the first 30 minutes, especially in Winter.
Oxbow Estate at R300 for the day . Brookwood you looking at +/- R200 for the day .
-
I know of only one, and the fishing is a bit tricky, but very rewarding..
They have Bass and Trout
Emhlangeni https://www.facebook.com/Emhlangeni (https://www.facebook.com/Emhlangeni)
-
Walks do you still have contact with Footlose ?
If we can get the members section it could work as well :dunno:
-
I have a contact still there but its not worth it bru. The water is becoming polluted and the trout are tiny in the members section and also they charging an arm and a leg for entrance these days.
-
I am keen, and will be bringing the mrs. and the little one as well. I would love a place where the master fisherman of the family can put in some bait, although he can swing a rod around it might be dangerous to all. End of the month will be best for me as well.
I have been to brookwood but did not have a great experience with the ablution facilities.
-
I have a contact still there but its not worth it bru. The water is becoming polluted and the trout are tiny in the members section and also they charging an arm and a leg for entrance these days.
Your gonna get Spanked for Trout in GP regardless of where you fish.
Trout Hunter at this stage sounds a very good option and Brookwood as a family friendly venue has never failed.
K@k and betaal !!!!!
unfortunately comes with the territory .
-
I am keen, and will be bringing the mrs. and the little one as well. I would love a place where the master fisherman of the family can put in some bait, although he can swing a rod around it might be dangerous to all. End of the month will be best for me as well.
I have been to brookwood but did not have a great experience with the ablution facilities.
Jy moet by die huis POEF , nie by die dam nie....
-
You could not even pee in the urinal, but it was not for me - I have a 4 year old that is very hands on and we had to use a tree...
-
Are we gonna put a peg in the ground and agree on Trout Hunter ??
-
I like trout hunters, you even get nice carp on fly there. :win:
-
+1
-
Where is trout hunters guys ?
-
Homzie its out in Krugersdorps direction in the Wild West rand . :uzi: :hbag
-
Where is trout hunters guys ?
S 26 6 10.89 E 27 39 8.27
-
Gents a shoulder operation precludes me from joining in but reading the thread you have overlooked Gnu Valley , C&R venue , cost per fisherman is R 130, has nice braai facilities and afdaks for the family and clean toilets, not much else and the stocking is sporadic , would be worthwhile to check when they are stocking again.
Not far from Brookwood near Walkhaven on Beyers Naude drive.
-
Gents a shoulder operation precludes me from joining in but reading the thread you have overlooked Gnu Valley , C&R venue , cost per fisherman is R 130, has nice braai facilities and afdaks for the family and clean toilets, not much else and the stocking is sporadic , would be worthwhile to check when they are stocking again.
Not far from Brookwood near Walkhaven on Beyers Naude drive.
:tkx: Richard . Will check it out :rck"
-
Kallie,
Me thinks an afternoon session during the next week is definitely in order !
For scouting you see.....
-
Kallie,
Me thinks an afternoon session during the next week is definitely in order !
For scouting you see.....
Lets make it Wednesday the 5th all welcome . Mias sale in the am , lunch :beer: :merm and an arvie session at Gnu Valley .
-
I have spoken to the chap at "On the Rocks " in the PTA Garsfontein area . He said we can fish his venue catch and release at R100 per person fishing and R30 for non-fishing visitor .
Which I think is very reasonable . Let’s see some name for Sat 22 June 2013 and take it from there .
-
Thats awesome Kallie, I am there!
1. WK
-
Never being there, have massive new website launch / cutover that weekend at the office, so I might not make it. Dont put my name down will do my best to go, but cant promise.
-
Im in
-
I are there, where ever there might be
-
Sorry again guys im going to Port Alfred for a week but if it doesn't happen Ill be there. :-(
-
Ok so what is the call on this one?
-
Ok so what is the call on this one?
Sat 22 June 2013 On the Rocks Pta 08:00
Directions to On the Rocks Fly Fishing Venue
Lynnwood Road east for 6 k's past Hans Strydom inter-change. Right at Swavelpoort sign for 4 k's on tar, then 300 metres on gravel - we are the first entrance on the right. Phone first as we have a security gate and need to supply a code
S 25 50 31.96 E 28 21 33.66
-
1.Walks
2.Homezzzzzy
3. Lichia Amia, 1 x Queenfish , 2 x Wave Garrick
4. I see stuff
5. Zetti and Zetteliena
-
1.Walks
2.Homezzzzzy
3. Lichia Amia, 1 x Queenfish , 2 x Wave Garrick
4. I see stuff
Can't make this sorry chaps, wedding in Durbs next weekend. Enjoy!
-
1.Walks
2.Homezzzzzy
3. Lichia Amia, 1 x Queenfish , 2 x Wave Garrick
4. I see stuff
Can't make this sorry chaps, wedding in Durbs next weekend. Enjoy!
No Prob .......
-
Gonna be a lekker... You can add Gav to that list and maybe Mrs. S
-
1.Walks
2.Homezzzzzy
3. Lichia Amia, 1 x Queenfish , 2 x Wave Garrick
4. I see stuff
Can't make this sorry chaps, wedding in Durbs next weekend. Enjoy!
Any more takers , gonna be a :frid :fshn: day ...
-
Kallie, any Brown Trout there?
-
If not someone can always "make" a brown troot for you...
-
If not someone can always "make" a brown troot for you...
:hyst: :hyst:
-
Kallie, any Brown Trout there?
Dont nose !
-
Would anybody share the layout for us? Amount of dams etc?
-
Would anybody share the layout for us? Amount of dams etc?
Here is the link to their web site http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/ (http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/)
PS: we only get the discount @ R100 for the day if we are 8 or more fishing ...
-
Would anybody share the layout for us? Amount of dams etc?
Here is the link to their web site http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/ (http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/)
PS: we only get the discount @ R100 for the day if we are 8 or more fishing ...
How many are we then? I am brining Mrs IC and IC jr.
-
Sorry guys cant make this weekend got a friends kids birthday party ...... Im starting to feel old when my friends have kids :cnfzd
-
Would anybody share the layout for us? Amount of dams etc?
Here is the link to their web site http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/ (http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/)
PS: we only get the discount @ R100 for the day if we are 8 or more fishing ...
How many are we then? I am brining Mrs IC and IC jr.
We should be okay :
Lichia x 4
Homithzzz and Mrs Homithzz ( non Fishing )
Iseethings
Walks
Gavin
= 8
-
Since there will be non fishing partners - are they going to make us lunch? :hnthnt:
-
Since we are brining non fishing partners - are they going to make us lunch? :hnthnt:
As Walks is the youngest ,the ugliest , supports the Lions and dresses funny he can do the braai for us !
-
Would anybody share the layout for us? Amount of dams etc?
Here is the link to their web site http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/ (http://wildlifesouthafrica.com/on-the-rocks-flyfishing/)
PS: we only get the discount @ R100 for the day if we are 8 or more fishing ...
How many are we then? I am brining Mrs IC and IC jr.
We should be okay :
Lichia x 4
Homithzzz and Mrs Homithzz ( non Fishing )
Iseethings
Walks
Gavin
= 8
Discount only applies to 8 Fishing !
RATES
Weekends & Public Holidays - R150 per day per person fishing
During the week - R100 per day per person fishing
Non-fishing visitors - R50 per person per day (any day)
Discounted Rates for Fishing Groups only (8 and more persons fishing)
-
Homes , we should be fine .
I'll phone the Bloke before we go and see what is the best deel and all he can give us .
-
I dissagree with your statements Kallie :crzy I dont think Gavin will be joining us he left for the Eastern Cape yesterday, but I have a mate, Jason, who would like to fish can I ask him to pull through?
-
I dissagree with your statements Kallie :crzy I dont think Gavin will be joining us he left for the Eastern Cape yesterday, but I have a mate, Jason, who would like to fish can I ask him to pull through?
All welcome Walks :rck"
-
Kumzani and his :merm laaitjie pulling in as well .
-
ok, gents
count me in
-
Lekker Monster , just dont scare the Moms and kids ...
-
Moms and kids scare the crap out of me, especially if they phone on fathersday!
-
Moms and kids scare the crap out of me, especially if they phone on fathersday!
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
-
List so far :
Lichia x 4
Homithzzz and Mrs Homithzz ( non Fishing )
Iseethings x 3
Walks
Monster
Kumzani x 2
= 13
Dont be :blush: gonna be a lekker day . Pull in :rck"
-
Lichia x 4
Homithzzz and Mrs Homithzz ( non Fishing )
Iseethings x 3
Walks + Darryn + Mrs. Simpson (Non Fishing)
Monster
Kumzani x 2
-------------------------------
15
-
Lichia x 4
Homithzzz and Mrs Homithzz ( non Fishing )
Iseethings + Mrs Iseethings (Non Fishing) + Child(Pretending to fish)
Walks + Darryn + Mrs. Simpson (Non Fishing)
Monster
Kumzani x 2
-------------------------------
15
-
Right I have booked with the venue .
What time are we gonna meet up ?
8am ???
-
What time does it open Kallie?
-
What time does it open Kallie?
Dawns crack 6am
-
Who is Dawn?
-
Walks ex
-
:lolo:
Im fine with 8am hey...
-
Just thinking of Petertjie coming from the Vuildriehoek , its a mo@r of a drive and with little Icstuff it could be a serious mission getting there at Sparrows .
-
I See Things will have to leave the night before!
-
8 sounds good...
Leave home by 7ish....
-
8 sounds good...
Leave home by 7ish....
You drive a :jeep: best you leave at 06:30.........
-
I can be there at 8, If i can be at school 7 each morning 8 will not be a problem
-
I can be there at 8, If i can be at school 7 each morning 8 will not be a problem
Mooi so (clap) .
-
Cool !
We'll get there at 8.
What time do you guys plan on leaving ?
Dop n chop for lunch ?
-
Cool !
We'll get there at 8.
What time do you guys plan on leaving ?
Dop n chop for lunch ?
But absolutely Homithzzzz . :frid
Was thinking a no Fuss boerie braai ? Or you can make us Bombay Bunnies ?
-
Cool !
We'll get there at 8.
What time do you guys plan on leaving ?
Dop n chop for lunch ?
But absolutely Homithzzzz . :frid
Was thinking a no Fuss boerie braai ? Or you can make us Bombay Bunnies ?
+1
I am still hurting from the last bunnies
-
Cool !
We'll get there at 8.
What time do you guys plan on leaving ?
Dop n chop for lunch ?
But absolutely Homithzzzz . :frid
Was thinking a no Fuss boerie braai ? Or you can make us Bombay Bunnies ?
+1
I am still hurting from the last bunnies
Will give you some :wtr: to cool you down
-
You and me both know that water does not help!
-
Try an icecream cone with soft serve
-
Ok Gents, See you all tomorrow. What do I need to bring are we going to make boerries?
-
Ok Gents, See you all tomorrow. What do I need to bring are we going to make boerries?
Monster , bring Boerie and :beer: .
See you in the morning :rck"
-
Cool !
We'll get there at 8.
What time do you guys plan on leaving ?
Dop n chop for lunch ?
But absolutely Homithzzzz . :frid
Was thinking a no Fuss boerie braai ? Or you can make us Bombay Bunnies ?
How many times must Home's tell you guys that he is not that kind of Indian!!!
He cant do the rain dance or make Bombay Bunnies.
Homes's can braai the best steaks, boeries and schnitzels etc, he is a South African!
-
"How many times must Home's tell you guys that he is not that kind of Indian!!!"
Tops Homes is know to the Pub under world as "Little Bear , Big Beer " .......
-
Wahahahahaha !
See you guys tomorrow
-
....Homes is know to the Pub under world as "Little Bear , Big Beer " .......
Of which the Afrikaans translation is: "Frikkie"
:hyst:
-
Running Bear Homie ...... or Frikkie for my friends
-
Frikken gaan more Pretoria toe........
NOOIT !
-
NB !!!
I have the access code for the gate to get in . Most should have my cell number or BBM . Please pm me if you dont .
-
Sweet..
Kallie, where do we pay ?
-
Sweet..
Kallie, where do we pay ?
At the Office Homes :nuts: :nuts:
-
NB 2 !!!!!!!!!
Please bring cash , they dont have a card facility !!!
-
Shotto...
-
Sweet!
-
On my way to Angling Africa to get some tapered leaders .
Anybody need anything ??
-
See you rabble in the morning!
-
Ok so what is the call on this one?
Sat 22 June 2013 On the Rocks Pta 08:00
Directions to On the Rocks Fly Fishing Venue
Lynnwood Road east for 6 k's past Hans Strydom inter-change. Right at Swavelpoort sign for 4 k's on tar, then 300 metres on gravel - we are the first entrance on the right. Phone first as we have a security gate and need to supply a code
S 25 50 31.96 E 28 21 33.66
Just a reminder of where you should be going :crzy
-
Ill have to leave at like 5am, I always get lost :blush:
-
Is that right on lynwood rd ? Over the highway ?
-
Use GPS Home's..
See u guys before 9 am.... Will try n make it earlier....
-
Okes a lovely client of mine has given me a huge report to do for tomorrow afternoon. I won't be there in the morning, what time will you guys be there until, hopefully I can get it done and pull through.
-
I was waiting for this.....
How many events have you pulled out of now ?
(bat
Ultimate Fader !
:crzy
-
Wk can u only do report Tom?
-
Ok gents, where do I get the gate pass word form?
-
I don't always pull out. I had a serious issue to deal with. The events I have pulled out of have been due to either work or my fathers illness of which I have no control over. I work 7 days a week and if my biggest client wants something today I don't have a choice.
Sorry.
-
Pics? Report? :dunno:
-
Pics? Report? :dunno:
Hang Bal , its in the post .
-
(bat
-
Thank You every one that was there. What an awesome day!. Homie post me your e-mail address so I can send you your pics in full size.
And stop chumming with droe wors!
-
wahahahaha...
Ya ya ya..
Homithh(at)gmail.com
-
Heres my report..
We left home at 7am and it was still freezing on the road... whilst passing Footloose, this was the temp
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1009908_10151437586091567_164834668_n.jpg)
After meeting Kumz on the way, and after a few quick calls to Kallie to get confirmation of the directions, we reached On the Rocks at 8 am as planned !
A very nice venue, Dams not huge but big enough for all of us to have a great time.
When we got there, Kallie, his boys and missus were already unpacking. Nico (Monster) was busy fishing the far end, and my good friend Eddie was also getting ready to hit the water.
After a few minutes, the boys were already casting, trying to see what would work.
ICstuff pitched up a few mins later and was soon on the water.
As luck would have it, the 1st fish was soon landed by Kumz's mates laiitjie... his 1st time flyfishing and soon a good sized Rainbow cock was landed...
Next on was Pieter (icstuff) but that fish jumped off at the net.
It got a bit quiet after that and the boys were trying out different flies.
Nico went on at the wall and landed another Rainbow.
I walked around the bank, and after a few hits, managed to get a beaut of a rainbow on a black weighted woolly bugger...
Thanks to Nico for netting him.
While posing for a pic, the fish jumped and i managed to get my lead nymph in my ear :rotfl
We then retired to get some food into us... after some lekker rolls, we fished a bit more and left around 2pm..
A great day out, and one i will definitely do again...
Thanks to Kallie for organising this, and to nico for the help !!
:+ cred:
some randoms
the shaded braai area with Kallie and the laaitjie
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q74/s720x720/21342_10151439899766567_162049296_n.jpg)
in front of the braai area
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q77/s720x720/1000913_10151439900881567_1851222217_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q81/s720x720/1010649_10151439900666567_1203396875_n.jpg)
The 1st Fish
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010161_10151441135111567_1552724402_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1013407_10151441135186567_96213759_n.jpg)
IC Stuffs fish
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000165_10151441134916567_1471821010_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998684_10151441134866567_1672976088_n.jpg)
Kallie to the left, eddie to the right
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q79/s720x720/1045079_10151439900041567_667831804_n.jpg)
Nico on the far end... he got his fish about here
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q84/s720x720/19911_10151439900156567_1525022210_n.jpg)
the other side... got my fish in the bay between the trees and far corner
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q80/s720x720/1043961_10151439900501567_99429145_n.jpg)
Thanks to Kallie for organising this, and to nico for the help !!
:+ cred:
-
Super day out...
Was a great venue...
Thanks Kallie... (clap) :udman:
Nice report Home's
-
What, not one picture of a fish?
-
updated with what i had....
the rest are on Kallies camera
-
Boys , girls and Homie
Please bear with me , will do a report and post the pics this evening . Got the Monday Blues at work ….
-
This is a very family friendly venue, and although we did not catch trout like it was flu, we did land some nice size fish.
All in all it was a great social and thanks to all involved!
What Holmes left out was him:
Dropping a sausage
Dropping/Spilling beer
Dropping a fish
He did drop more things but I cant remember
-
Boys , girls and Homie
Please bear with me , will do a report and post the pics this evening . Got the Monday Blues at work ….
Funny that you should mention "Blue". Pete, you know what to do, thank you sir!
-
Aye !
-
Report under construction ........
-
(bat
-
Nice one dudes , think i must get the bass stuff together and venture off to the North West Province again .... maybe Kallie went to get the film developed .... :dunno: :hyst: .
-
Nice one dudes , think i must get the bass stuff together and venture off to the North West Province again .... maybe Kallie went to get the film developed .... :dunno: :hyst: .
:hyst: :win:
-
Patience is a virtue, Virtue is a grace. Grace is a girl who puts out on first dates….. :crzy
-
Patience is a virtue, Virtue is a grace. Grace is a girl who puts out on first dates….. :crzy
:hehe: :hyst:
-
Report : Pleasant day , good company , nice venue and a couple of Troot …..
Enjoy the pics :clfoto:
-
and some more ....
-
....
-
.....
-
Is that all the pics ?
-
Good Morning
Sorry I missed it, I will be at Emhlangeni tomorrow, anybody up to join me? Its Catch and release they stocked trout this week, so I am hoping for the best. Never been there, but will give it a go.
-
Kumzani I will post some more pics soon. Keagan got hold of the camera and took about 80 odd silly pic of everything he could see. Will work through them over the weekend and post the good ones.
-
Dankie Kallie
-
My catch
-
:cgrts: Home's
-
My catch
Nice Homes
-
:shk It's a beauty Homie!! (clap)
(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13996.0;attach=89577;image)
-
Jip, it was about a 2kg fish! Well done again Homes.
-
:shk It's a beauty Homie!! (clap)
Thanks..
But what do you think of the fish ?
-
Shees the ego weighed well over a 100Kg's!
-
Is that Dry Wors in the :trout: mouth :crzy
-
Shees the ego weighed well over a 100Kg's!
Hahahahahaha !
Nico, tell them the truth about the droe wors pls !
-
Homie, used droe wors chum before catching the Trout with the excuse that it dropped out of his pocket during the fight:)
-
Homie, used droe wors chum before catching the Trout with the excuse that it dropped out of his pocket during the fight:)
Is true :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
-
eish.......
why do i ask....
:hehe: