Author Topic: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day  (Read 41781 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 10:48:57 AM »
Kallie, is it catch and keep or do you have the option for release ?

Homzie catch , gut and Vacuum pack @ 85 rondt a kg . Ave Trout size is +/-400 to 500 g so R150 will get you far.
 
 
 
 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:52:20 AM by Lichia amia »

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
Sweeeet !

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
1. Homie and the missus 
2. Lichia , Mrs Lichia and 2 Wave Garrick
3. WK & Mrs S
4. Viskop & the Missus
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :merm
Im in  :crzy :crzy

 
No worries Chaps , I have spoken to Mrs Shag and she will make sure Greg start wearing his Genital cuff again .
 
 
 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:12:33 AM by Lichia amia »

Offline Zetti

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »
 (clap) I might be able to make a plan then.

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
(clap) I might be able to make a plan then.

Good form there old Chap

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
Im keen.

Reach for a bream!

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
If you have not been to Brookwood before please have a look at their web site , lovely place  w;k
 
http://www.brookwoodtroutfarm.co.za/

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 08:12:46 AM »
Brookwood is all catch and keep. Use barbless hooks and on slack when you bend down to net they invariably throw the hook.
 
Very nice place good for get together, picnic and braai but be careful - if they stocked heavier fish this winter you can catch yourself into the red very easily. Bottom dam has some nice big Carp but they are fly-shy.
 
Will try to make it but not to fish - sure my son Daniel will fish. I'll take photo's.
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »
Brookwood is all catch and keep. Use barbless hooks and on slack when you bend down to net they invariably throw the hook.
 
Very nice place good for get together, picnic and braai but be careful - if they stocked heavier fish this winter you can catch yourself into the red very easily. Bottom dam has some nice big Carp but they are fly-shy.
 
Will try to make it but not to fish - sure my son Daniel will fish. I'll take photo's.

Great Tops  (clap)

Offline Monster

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 270
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Centurion
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
Hi Guys
 
I'm also keen will just firm up with my prettier half. Can we go to a place where you can catch and release I've cought myself into a new home loan at brookwood. Cought a 1.8kg followed by a 1.5kg and had to land a 1.2 while trying to shake the bloody trout off  the management came past.A very expensive 20min morning session. I was fishing barbless. After this I broke the hook and just fished for hits
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:39:10 AM by Monster »

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »
Hi Guys
 
I'm also keen will just firm up with my prettier half. Can we go to a place where you can catch and release I've cought myself into a new home loan at brookwood. Cought a 1.8kg followed by a 1.5kg and had to land a 1.2 while trying to shake the bloody trout off  the management came past.A very expensive 20min morning session. I was fishing barbless. After this I broke the hook and just fished for hits

Lekker Monster
 
Any suggestion on a venue that caters for the whole family ( shade and lady friendly toilets ) that offers catch and release ?
 

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »
Trout Hunters?

Reach for a bream!

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
I am very keen, and willing to assist.


I can have some spare gear available to help with casting. I DO NOT see myself as a pro here, but will be able to help, recently went to Peter Hayes casting clinic that changed everything I knew about casting, and more than willing to share some of that.


I would rather do Trout Hunters, to be honest  been involved in some clinics there, and they have space, you can also catch and release carp there, the trout is good. Nothing against brookwood, but they are busy and space at the trout dams become very cramped. I have good relationship with the people at Trout Hunters in the sense that I know when they stock, and as the aim would be to get people hooked I would suggest a Saturday after they stocked..


There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
Trout Hunters?




Shot Gavin - Great venue for family.
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
I am very keen, and willing to assist.


I can have some spare gear available to help with casting. I DO NOT see myself as a pro here, but will be able to help, recently went to Peter Hayes casting clinic that changed everything I knew about casting, and more than willing to share some of that.


I would rather do Trout Hunters, to be honest  been involved in some clinics there, and they have space, you can also catch and release carp there, the trout is good. Nothing against brookwood, but they are busy and space at the trout dams become very cramped. I have good relationship with the people at Trout Hunters in the sense that I know when they stock, and as the aim would be to get people hooked I would suggest a Saturday after they stocked..

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please find out when they are stocking in June and if we can get a group discount ?
 
 
 

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
Will do and let you know.
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »
If Brookwood is a definite, bring cash  :hehe:

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 11:20:09 AM »
If Brookwood is a definite, bring cash  :hehe:

 :unhap  its not that bad . You Blokes are all loaded .

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Family Introduction to Fly fishing day
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
Were is brookwood?
Reach for a bream!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal