Struggled for a while and then realised that I did not have enough bend in the hook to push it through and being a new lure it still hadthe barb in, so pulling it out was WAY to sore at that stage!
Ended up going to Faerie Glen ER!
The first reaction of the doc on call was to cut it out...

Aikona!!!
Used some reverse psychology on him, talking about how the doctors at the coast can remove these (and far bigger hooks) without cutting.
He gave me to rather painful local injections and a minute later we managed to get it out. I say we, because I tried and still wanted to cut so (to the dismay of the nurse) I took his pliers and managed to get it out the way it went in. Very easy to do when there is no feeling there
But I did feel all of it when the "life" came back two hours later!!!!