Author Topic: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )  (Read 28956 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »
Guys and Girls, Methinks it's time for another Vaal trip.  :clwn
 
The trip is open for anyone who wishes to fish the Vaal for Yellows on fly.  Walkers amd Mrs Simpson,it's time you caught a decent freshwater fish  w;k
 
The dates are the 26 /27 November. ( Set in Stone ).
 
I am sure there will be people wishing to camp / stay in Chalets overnight so the venue will have to be SWAMBO/ Family/  wading friendly ( for newbies ) as well as not too far from GP.
 
Depending on numbers there are a few venues, i.e.
 
Oord Nebo ( They seem to have got their act together ito catch & release )
Eastco
Elgro
Raaswater.
 
WE need to set a venue quickly so that we can book, so chasps blast away.
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:01:21 AM »
I'm in. I vote Elgro or Eastco. Oord Nebo is extremely busy now days.
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:28:12 AM »
How about we do eastco? and I am so there, might even bring mrs ic for a weekend.
Squid Happens!

Offline christosch

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 234
  • Cred: 44
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: vanderbijlpark gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »
Went to Elgro last year for the Bells Fly Festival and was very impressed with the venue - nice rooms/chalets and it was very affordable. Would love to join you guys. I'm struggling with the yellows, usually go to Woelwaters but haven't caught anything yet - would appreciate a few lessons from the pro's!!!
 :happ:

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »
Sterling idea Herman!  :udman:  I must just double check the dates with my "Minister of Home Affairs", but I dont think it'll be a problem!

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 10:35:45 AM »
I should make it. Will confirm at a later stage.

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
OK then it's either Elgro or Eastco.
 
Which one ? Eastco has more wadeable water close by. ?
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:15:52 PM »
I do not know Elgro's water other than the drift (row :crzy ) that we did a while ago but it has an excellent reputation.

 Eastco has some easy wading water directly in front of the venue plus a lot more water for anyone willing to explore. It also has the option of camping as well as chalets.

i will be spending the night and fishing both days regardless of venue.
 
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »

 ......Eastco has some easy wading water directly in front of the venue plus a lot more water for anyone willing to explore. It also has the option of camping as well as chalets....


I'll second Andrew here, plus we won't have to drive to the other side of the planet!

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
I think we should vote, maybe we should see if we can get a chalet or two. (When voting indicate if you are a snorer)

icstuff: eastco(Chalet)
Squid Happens!

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:14 AM »
I think we should vote, maybe we should see if we can get a chalet or two. (When voting indicate if you are a snorer)

icstuff: eastco(Chalet)

If I stay over I'll be camping!

Offline christosch

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 234
  • Cred: 44
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: vanderbijlpark gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
Would like to take the Missus along (if there are no objections). So a chalet for me please.
(Don't mind Eastco or Elgro)
 

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »
OK Eastco it is.
For those wanting a chalet I suggest you book now .
 
I will phone them now and see what the story is.
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
Nice one Herman! I will be camping, going to phone them and book today.
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »
I've just spoken to Susan at Eastco. All the chalets are still open for that weekend and about 12 Camping spots.
She will e-mail me the rates which I will post once too hand.
 
Susan's no is : 083 379 2872.
 
P.S. When booking please tell her it's for the Ultimate trip. I'm trying to squeeze some discount out of them. :hnthnt: :hehe: :hehe:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:11:06 PM by Herman Jooste »
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline AdrianPowrie

  • I distrust camel's and anything else that can go a week without a drink... ~Rols~
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Alberton/Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
Great idea HHJ, will make a plan and block that weekend out and stay over...
Camp or chalet is no problem.
Regards                                                              Adrian

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »
I've phoned and booked my camping spot :clwn
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
Ok here's the tariff's .
   
NB: jy betaal per tent OF karavaan  nie per staanplek nie
  Kamp:R150.00 per nag 2persone 1 karavaan OF tent 1 kar. Eksta persone of  kinders vanaf 5 jaar. Of ekstra voertuig R50.00 per nag ekstra. Charlet:  R400.00 2 persone
  R500.00 per nag 2 volwassens 2 klein kinders
  R600.00 per nag 4 persone 1 voertuig
  R800.00 per nag 6 persone 2 voertuie
  KINDERS VANAF 5 JAAR TEL AS PERSOON
  R300.00 sleutel dep (kontant)
  50% dep by bespreking
 
I hope that clarifies things.
   
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
Sounds Good , work permitting gonna try and make it  :frid fshg

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:26 AM »
Was just informed that our year end function is the 26th, but will be there on the 27th
Squid Happens!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal