Author Topic: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )  (Read 28955 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
Was just informed that our year end function is the 26th, but will be there on the 27th

Would you like a "lift"  w;k
 
I will only be going through the Sunday. :-)
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 07:21:29 AM »
Will you keep a space for me :)
I Will be packing some extra fuel!
Squid Happens!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
Will you keep a space for me :)
I Will be packing some extra fuel!

 
Hehehehe, No Problemo Pieter. :-)
 
It actually makes economic sense to go in 1 vehichle. :happ:
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
Ok guys didnt see this  duh

I think I will leave the Bass and stocked Trout alone and join you for my first 'proper' Yellow session... Mrs Simpson will come with me...

So we are fishing Eastco? Never been anywhere on the Vaal for years and years where is it? And how do I organise accommodation/ camping?

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
Ok guys didnt see this  duh

I think I will leave the Bass and stocked Trout alone and join you for my first 'proper' Yellow session... Mrs Simpson will come with me...

So we are fishing Eastco? Never been anywhere on the Vaal for years and years where is it? And how do I organise accommodation/ camping?

Here you go, there's a map and contact details http://www.eastcoparys.co.za/

I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 07:52:18 PM »
Ok guys didnt see this  duh

I think I will leave the Bass and stocked Trout alone and join you for my first 'proper' Yellow session... Mrs Simpson will come with me...

So we are fishing Eastco? Never been anywhere on the Vaal for years and years where is it? And how do I organise accommodation/ camping?

Here you go, there's a map and contact details http://www.eastcoparys.co.za/
:tkx:

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 07:56:07 PM »
Quick on the draw as always Andrew  :hehe: :hehe:
 
I was about to post http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,7133.msg104347.html#msg104347
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:29 AM »
Will you keep a space for me :)
I Will be packing some extra fuel!

 
Hehehehe, No Problemo Pieter. :-)
 
It actually makes economic sense to go in 1 vehichle. :happ:

Ja global warming and so on - and security keeps the beer in one car - easier to keep an eye on Craig
Squid Happens!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
Have inquired about a booking!

Whats the wading like here guys? I have shocking balance and the few times I have waded I have come back with cuts and bruises  duh

Also tackle wise, I presume floating line, 4/5 weight, and 2.7kg leader or is that too light?

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
IT is an easy wade, but if you want make your self a broomstick wadeing stick.
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,4090.0.html

Squid Happens!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
IT is an easy wade, but if you want make your self a broomstick wadeing stick.
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,4090.0.html
Thanks Pieter, will just have to find something solid as my DIY skills are worse than my wading  :cnfzd

Offline christosch

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 234
  • Cred: 44
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: vanderbijlpark gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
Just booked my chalet!!! Can't wait!!
 :rck"

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 09:42:08 AM »
Good stuff chasps! At this stage it looks like I'll only make the Sunday session, roll on!!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
IT is an easy wade, but if you want make your self a broomstick wadeing stick.
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,4090.0.html
Thanks Pieter, will just have to find something solid as my DIY skills are worse than my wading  :cnfzd

I have a spare which you are welcome to use.  :hehe:
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
IT is an easy wade, but if you want make your self a broomstick wadeing stick.
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,4090.0.html
Thanks Pieter, will just have to find something solid as my DIY skills are worse than my wading  :cnfzd

I have a spare which you are welcome to use.  :hehe:
:hehe: :tkx:

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »
Met up with a mate on saturday night and he reminded me of our carp session at the vaal dam over this weekend which I had completely forgotten about, so sorry guys, next time, enjoy!

Offline BigG

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 476
  • Cred: 38
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish on weekends to feed the kids...
  • Location: Greenstonehill, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
I'm in Lads
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 08:34:53 AM »
Met up with a mate on saturday night and he reminded me of our carp session at the vaal dam over this weekend which I had completely forgotten about, so sorry guys, next time, enjoy!

Straf dop!
Squid Happens!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 08:40:05 AM »
Met up with a mate on saturday night and he reminded me of our carp session at the vaal dam over this weekend which I had completely forgotten about, so sorry guys, next time, enjoy!

Straf dop!
I know  duh

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: VAAL TRIP # 2 ( or 3 )
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
Met up with a mate on saturday night and he reminded me of our carp session at the vaal dam over this weekend which I had completely forgotten about, so sorry guys, next time, enjoy!

 
Eeeeiiissshhhh, I'm starting to wonder about you WK.  :cnfzd
 
Are you that busy fishing stew ponds and pap venues that you really can't find time to fish for our prime freshwater fish, or you just adverse to falling down in the Vaal river ? :dunno:
 
There again remembering their are only 2 kinds of f/f who fish the Vaal.
 
Thosewho have fallen, and the whose are yet to fall. w;k
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal