0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I would save money... and once I have spare cash, buy a chair!
let me do a photo tutorial of how they made and if you still want to make one i will do what i can to help.
Mike, Why do you want to specifically have a moulded glass chair. A decent teak seat nicely sealed (splinters in the crack whilst hooked up could be over rated) is how they were made for years, and can look classy. Pretty easy to make out of wood as well, no fancy glass work, gel coats etc.
I am not set on a glass seat, the main thing is the mechanics of the frame that I need to find out.
Essentially they are pretty basic, really. The Back rest are purely for show and for those long trolling hours should someone want to sit in the chair, it must be able to swivel 360 and lock into position for travelling and must have an adjustable footrest that locks into position hard, thats it basically.