0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Fighting Chairs have been around a long while and the 2 main techniques used are the straight leg or the bent leg technique. Stand up fishing is becoming very popular but does require physical strength and some weight. Battle stations seem to be a nice mix between the 2 and also uses your body weight like the straight leg technique in a chair. What are your thoughts.
I made a mock up to try and can tell you that it is extremely effective, that little girl in that pic will never hold 8kg of drag, let alone 12Kg and 80lb on full at 17Kg will see her swimming. After a long 3hr fight with 17Kg of drag I struggled, especially with my high trolling bars and when the fish went to the motors I nearly was on the gunnels and struggling to hold on.Mike, tour only option is a chair. There is no other way off fighting a 300lb + fish...and a 500lb + blue will demand you using a chair.This point is only stronger if you think about client that might lack the correct stand-up techniques and it's 100% safe I need a SAFER and easier solution for my clients.
Or maybe this??
I like that second one Greg, are they expensive??
I dont think you can really put a price on safety and comfort for your charter clients......