0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Quote from: SAfish on June 08, 2017, 10:41:18 AM Certain parts of the town is still on fire. A couple of friend of ours have lost everything. Oh my word, that's terrible man!
Certain parts of the town is still on fire. A couple of friend of ours have lost everything.
I know the last few posts here was about the terrible fires and it was so sad to see my childhood town take a beating like that, but may I bring this discussion back to fishing and boating.So I am coming to Knysna for a week in December to visit all my old fishing spots.I am towing my New to me boat down and have booked a place wiith a mooring at the Knysna quays. I t will mostly be myself and Mandy and we cant launch and retrieve multiple times per day.What I want to know is do I have to register specifically for the Knysna lagoon or is my inland SR number good enough.This will be my first long distance tow of a biggish boat so any comments on that will also be appreciated.The boat is not a typical fishing boat it is a real Vaalriver speed boat but it works for fishing.
Quote from: Mal Hannes on October 05, 2018, 08:54:06 AMI know the last few posts here was about the terrible fires and it was so sad to see my childhood town take a beating like that, but may I bring this discussion back to fishing and boating.So I am coming to Knysna for a week in December to visit all my old fishing spots.I am towing my New to me boat down and have booked a place wiith a mooring at the Knysna quays. I t will mostly be myself and Mandy and we cant launch and retrieve multiple times per day.What I want to know is do I have to register specifically for the Knysna lagoon or is my inland SR number good enough.This will be my first long distance tow of a biggish boat so any comments on that will also be appreciated.The boat is not a typical fishing boat it is a real Vaalriver speed boat but it works for fishing.Hi Mal hannes, for Knysna estuary you need to get an estuary permit can't remember the costs however you can get it at the Parksboard offices at the old Tapa's jetty, The permit costs are calculated based on the size of motor on your boat (HP) I will also be down in Knysna over Dec, will be testing out my little alu boat
These fires seem too widespread to be coincidence or natural , .