Author Topic: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports  (Read 215842 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2017, 06:59:38 AM »
Nice fish! Congrats to the lightie!

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »
YOH! :shk That is a proper mullet!


Congrats Hermann!

Offline Waars_die_Vis

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boland
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #402 on: January 23, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
Yeah, they are really strong fish. They have a serious motor in that tail of theirs. And the fact that they can jump so far and high must make them a wonderful target species.


Pound for Pound, a Mullet is probably one of the strongest fighters.  :happ: :happ: :happ: :happ:




 :cgrts:

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »
Absolutely awesome!!!!!! Well done to him!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #404 on: January 23, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll let him read your comments because it will mean a lot to him. He is already planning our next session.  :hehe:  :fshn:

Offline CRANKMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 684
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Louis Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #405 on: January 23, 2017, 02:15:49 PM »
That smile says it all.  :cgrts: Brilliant.

I think it is safe to say that you have a fishing partner for life now.


>('>
                   )<((°>
     }<(({°>

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #406 on: March 11, 2017, 01:17:36 PM »
A Whaleshark got beached in the lagoon and the NSRI and community pulled in to save it. I hope the shark survives the ordeal. It is the first time that I hear of a Whaleshark along this part of the coast and in the lagoon nogal.  :shk
Well done to all involved.

http://www.knysnaplettherald.com/news/News/General/184502/Update-Whale-shark-beaches

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2017, 12:17:03 PM »
It seems like the death of the shark was just a rumour and it is still in the lagoon.  :yipee:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:02:06 PM by SAfish »

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
Wow a Whaleshark in the lagoon, awesome  :happ: :shk

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »
I saw one in the estuary at Linene once... It was magnificent.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2017, 03:49:30 PM »
Unfortunately the Whaleshark died today. It is suspected that the cold water as well as stress is the cause of death. There was also prop damage to the shark after a boat has hit her. Sad news but everyone involved in the rescue attempt did what they could to save her. 

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »
 :vio  Sad indeed.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »
Thats a shame...

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #413 on: June 03, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
 :shk I have never seen a wind prediction for our area like this before. I wish for less wind and more rain as it is scary dry at the moment.

Offline Mal Hannes

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 487
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »
Herman that makes me home sick .

I remember storms in the early 80s with nearly 100kmh .

Batton down, take your boat out if you can double check mooring lines.

There will be some boat damage in  the lagoon.

I miss it.

My dad had 8 boats on the lagoon and nights like this we would sit on the slipway in his Bakkie.
Watching every boat swinging and pulling at their moorings.

Many years later I lost my dive boat on night like this.

Either I am fishing or dreaming of fishing!

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline colin

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kelland , Randburg
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2017, 07:09:24 AM »
Well Capetonians , batten down the hatches :cnfzd  , buy a 5 man bottle of OBS :frid w;k , and let the dams fill   :happ: :happ: .  :toppie:
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline Mal Hannes

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 487
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »
We want photos tomorrow.


Be safe don't be on the water.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:22:00 PM by Mal Hannes »
Either I am fishing or dreaming of fishing!

Offline ianf

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 968
  • Cred: 46
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg, Gauteng
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #418 on: June 07, 2017, 06:57:34 AM »
They say rain in Cape Town is so rare, that when they do get it, the give everyone the day off work, and the schools close

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Knysna Estuary - information, news, events and reports
« Reply #419 on: June 07, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »
Well, the storm has reached us and is gaining strength. It is a warm bergwind and there are currently 7 fires raging in the area. The N2 between Plett and Knysna is closed. A fire in a plantation is raging out of control in gail force winds and houses are being evacuated. No air support due to high winds. Please keep the effected people in your prayers. I'll keep you updated.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal