0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hi GuysThanks for the congratulations. Tunaman may we all hang those flags at the SADSAA. Yes I can only say after this trip that I am happy with the whole rig. I did go down to Sodwana with worries of how easy the boat will offload in the surf as well as loading onto the trailer. Will the truck battle with the weight of the boat on the beach and all those small litle things that sit in the back of your mind, how will the boat react in turning in the surf etc. I was first amazad by the power of the truck. We did take the tyres to 1.2 bar pressure and the boat to 1.4 bar. We never had a niggle in the soft sand. We have actually used the truck to pull the boat up the beach by just attaching the winch cable and reverse the truck up the beach. The TATA just pulled. The trailer worked well. We could dump the boat in 2 feet water and it was easy to bring the nose of the boat around. The loading of the boat on the trailer was also made easy with the winch on the truck.Now the behaving of the boat in the surf was immaculate. If you check the photos we had a 2.5 meter surf the first couple of days. I can turn this boat within 10 meters in the swell at fairly high speed. After a couple of days it felt if I was skipping my olfd 18 ft boat. The 150 hp Suzis has ample power to let me feel safe in the surf and the power was always there when I wanted it. So end of story is that I am a happy fisherman and boater.Tight Lines Mates
Well done - BV!!! good report, nice to see that Liberty's wake has some harmony, always a good sign for whats to come!! - thanks for the heads up on the spread."I made one lure change on my Starboard Short to : Pulsator Bonito Smoker Blue/White." very good lure that, either on the short or flat, we have got 4 fish on the yellow/black Pulsator Bonito Smoker (yft) running in those positions. (it actually won us a charter with Steve Andrews on Citation in RB next month because the fish was on a Pulsator lure)I also see that you run few Illanders, I have to say that we have tried them but they have never produced here in Durban (they also seem so scare the dollies?? - never catch dollies on them??)
I also see that you run few Illanders, I have to say that we have tried them but they have never produced here in Durban (they also seem so scare the dollies?? - never catch dollies on them??)