Author Topic: Mynmanne Fishing Competition 2011 - Report LIBERTY  (Read 15864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: Mynmanne Fishing Competition 2011 - Report LIBERTY
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 09:24:30 AM »
It has been ok but the guys are getting taxed up north around Umdloti, the week long easterlies really stuff the water up here so things havent really turned on IMO, March can often be a lot better when the conditions settle, to be honest I havent even targeted couta this year as I have been fishing on the big boat for bills, but my boat is always ready. I may fish if I can as it is a lekka comp with prizes all the way to 40th!! Closer to the time I will give a bit of a heads up as to whats going on. How big is Tunamans boat? it may be worthwile running quite far, depending on the water??
Dugongboy My rig is a Cobra Cat 625. Are you referring to run to Yellowtail or the likes?

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: Mynmanne Fishing Competition 2011 - Report LIBERTY
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »
That was my thinking, 50 k's is nothing for your boat, it can be productive but will def have a few other boats there during the comp, in saying that I have only ever fished there twice and only got a few med size fish but one head of about 10!!
Just Fish!!!

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: Mynmanne Fishing Competition 2011 - Report LIBERTY
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »
I will definitely compare notes with the Ballito guys as they normally have a fair idea what is happening on those reefs. I do however believe if fished correctly Umdloti will deliver. Found that there is however one particular way and time it has to be fished..... :hnthnt: :hnthnt:

Offline woerman

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Cred: 22
  • Gaan groot!
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Mynmanne Fishing Competition 2011 - Report LIBERTY
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
Great going Guys!!!


 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal