During a recent sweep & clean exercise I found 6 tent poles lying there and almost finding their way to the rubbish bin (if the wife got there first!).
This is the perfect material for a spreader bar (hook less) teaser I've been thinking about for a while. I wanted something flexible, tough and not so heavy.
The poles are 48.5 cm long and perfect for 3 strings of squids (3 + 3 + 3).
I'm using old line (50 lb) as leaders and pink kingfisher squids (14 cm).
For simplicity, leaders are attached to the bar using slip knots.
All strings are the same size (about 1m long). Each squid has foam inserted to help with the flotation (spreader bars are supposed to be most effective at the surface). A small bead and a simple figure 8 knot locks it all up.
This bar will be run flat in the corners and a pink lure will be run right next to it.
Let's see what happens!
