0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hi Can any one , give me contact detail for someone that can repair my Okuma Makaira 80lb reel .The reel was about 6 months old , when we got a problem with it , when you turn the handle it is free , like the gears are not engaged , I had it back with Fishing pro shop , where i purchased it from , they had it for about 3 months to repair , when i picked it up it seemed like it is working , but when it was on the rod and a lure in the water , we could not reel in the line , I had it back with them and was told that they will send it to there supplier, i followed up on a weekly basis and after 9 month received the reel back , The importers Sensation can not work on the reel and send it out to some one ells , i received it back with the same problem .I am in Pretoria , so Pta / JHB will be the best but if not a can make a plan to get it elsewhere
Best way to ruin a great product and an emerging brand: lousy customer service!!!!
I have 4 Okuma Makaira reels (2× 30 and 2x50), and have been happy with them. But looks like Shimano is THE brand in this part of the world.... SAD!
I meant specifically offshore big game conventional reels. Daiwa stopped producing those years ago!
Yes, one can use those offshore. But those are all spinning reels, not offshore big game conventional reels. Especially in the context oh MichaelH's original post... 80Lb reel for marlin and other big game.